Toyota Northwest Edmonton Employee Reviews

Parts (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2019
Great atmosphere and an understanding of outside commitments. Flexible when they can be for days off. Staff are easy to get along with and there is a care factor that i have not seen elsewhere. They look out for each other and even on the tough days pull through as a unit. A young team with different experiences really make this a fun place to work. Management is fair and considerate. Only cons is being open on Saturdays, I get the need but I'd rather have every Saturday off.
Pros
Great people, lots of knowledge, room to grow
Cons
Working in saturdays
Toyota Northwest Employment
Parts (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2019
The staff is very fun and easy to get along with.
Hours and Pay are very good and competitive.
I could see this place doing a lot better with more positive management, I truly believe that’s the only reason people want to leave this establishment.
Pros
Staff & Pay
Great atmosphere. Terrible and Greedy management
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2018
Started sales there around the start of July. I was new to sales and my sales manager was extremely supportive. Most co-workers were awesome. Made a lot of friends. Hours were awesome. Those are the only good things I have to say about working there.

I got let go 1 week before my probation ended. The reason they fired me was due to having "Low numbers". I was fired with 5 cars sold this month and the month wasn't even over. I had customers coming in today as well for appointments. I had the most sold cars on my team with one of my co workers only selling 1 car this month. As I left a few people told me they heard rumors i was getting fired because I was on probation and they wanted to bring in someone else. So they did this so I couldn't go complain to the work board.

This place is greedy. They prioritize people they worked with in the past (Everyone from management is from Derrick dodge). So if you aren't in their little clique you must watch out. They'll give you some stupid reason why you are fired that they can't even justify. I thought it was a great dealership but as the months passed you start to notice a few things. Many sales people complaining about having money missing from their pay.

DO NOT WORK HERE. Save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else.
DO NOT BUY VEHICLES HERE EITHER. If you do you are supporting their greed. Garbage dealership.
Pros
Great co-workers, Good hours
Cons
Greedy management. Only care about themselves. Steal money from pay
Productive shop
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2018
Completed most of my apprenticeship here. Good shop to work with a decent environment. Pay was along the lines of industry standards. Overall would work here again.
payroll/accounts payable rep
Accounts Payable Clerk/ Payroll (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2018
Since I've been there for a couple of years , I was treated with respect, The employees there are extremely friendly, very multicultural environment. A good place to work
High stress, low job satisfaction
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2018
Best if you keep this as a short term plan. Salary and wage caps along with continuous turnover make for a rather unpleasant working experience. Get everything in writing and best to assume anything offered will be pulled out from under you.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Expensive benefits, working environment, management.
Good Company, OK Management
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2018
Overall, I enjoyed my time at Toyota. They have a cafe with complimentary coffee, a small gym, a ping pong table, a well sized and renovated lunch room. The hourly workers seemed to work harder and better than the salary. The sales and service teams are awesome, the management, not so much.
ok
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
It was an environment where you were self taught and your success was up to you and the product. Pricing on vehicles changed per customer and the leadership team was not supportive on information.
Pros
product
Cons
leadership
It is all about Attitude
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2016
If you keep a positive attitude and take initiative you will go far, but it is easy to get caught up in the negatives. It is really nice to walk in each day to something new, its not the same old so you get a lot of experience and knowledge. Opportunity within is huge, they usually promote from within before looking outside.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Lack of Communication and Organization
Long time working
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2016
Working everyday and different problem everyday and every vehicle in. learning everyday for the vehicle from the different problems and customer's complain. learning new technology from the new models in the market. Like a working in the big family but no help each other. management is very cool and very standard from the rule even not make sense. The hardest part of the job is never known what you will do the work because all the jobs is from the computer arrangement to an available technician. The most enjoyable part of the job is a problem fixed and get pay for it.
Pros
work more, pay more
Cons
no work security and very stressful, no help
Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  12820 97 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5E 4C32 February 2016
My shift started at 7:30am, I prepared coffee for my colleagues, Open the mail from the following day . reviewed unread emails from my supervisor and organized PO for order entry in our sofware
Accounting department was a great place at one time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2016
A typical day for me started early. My boss taught me alot of new skills and to me was the best. My co-workers were great people to work with and for. We were like a family in the accounting department. To me there were no hard parts to the job. I was taught how to do the things required and many times took over some of the workload from other people. To me the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Pros
The people
Cons
To me there was no cons
productive and fun place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2015
involved dealing with customers, helping them out in any way you can and try to get a sale out of it, learned lots of sales and customer service skills, management was really helpful and did everything in their power to help you out, co workers were nice and helped in any way they could, hardest part of the job was competition, most enjoyable was putting a smile on your clients face after selling them a car they were wanting
Pros
excellent management
Cons
Fun Place to work, Place of learning.
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2015
Been there for a year, learned many things about Automotive parts.
if have a chance i would like to work again and be with the team.
Pros
Management support
Cons
bad words always say in the department
Not the best but not the worst
Product Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2013
Traffic is slow and the sales opportunities are mostly given to two or three people
Job security is not appreciative
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2012
Good company to worked with with diverse culture of employees
Pros
positive working environment
Cons
not very good job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota Northwest Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.

Toyota Northwest Edmonton Reviews by Location