Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Working at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada: Latest Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Reviews

Canada679 reviews

tmmcbodyrotateshiftcontractrepetitivelongovertime

Lots of incentive programs

Featured review

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada selected this as a representative review
Shift work expected plus overtime. Very competitive wages. Great benefits. Has gym facility for their employees. Awesome bonus program with extra bonus incentives. Opportunity for advancement as well as incentives to further education. Management always get back to you about your concerns and grievances. Good communication and paid time for them.

Pros

Wages, security, benefits

Very fast paced work.

I always wanted to see first hand how vehicles are manufactured.At first I was amazed the way set up is implemented.Very thoughtful and effective.But in the end employees were the one paying heavy price.They (management) pushed us to breaking point.Could even hardly go to bathroom with out calling team leader.Atrocious is mild therm.Have been in skilled trade my whole life.Never ever I would go back to Toyota.They ran people to ground, like 🐎.

Insights into Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Good wage bye bye life

If you have a family or any social life at all then this is not the place for you. Switching back and forth to different shifts is very stressful on the human body and mind.

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hours and insufficient mental health support

Make sure you are a favorite!

Favoritism is huge that the Toyota plants. If you are not one of the favorites be prepared to get treated like you are trash. The pay scale is a disgrace. You are forced to work overtime. If you get hurt they send you to the Toyota doctor in the plant that will tell you nothing is wrong and send you back to the line. I have life long injuries from this place and nobody ever took me seriously. Goto cami.

Long hours, hot facility

Facility is hot, employer doesn’t leave fans on during breaks or down time so when you come in it’s just hotter the heck. Management can be a hit and miss, most GLs are there to make more money and will believe TLs over TMs over issues. For example: quality issue I flagged & TL ignored, GL got notified It was missed, TL knew exactly when it was and instead of saying something he tried to throw me under the bus. Always write down the car number of defects so it doesn’t come back to haunt you. Don’t trust easily.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Hours, lack of benefits until full time which can take a couple years

Very poor environment!

They try to promote a “team” environment and we are far from that. It’s everyone out for themselves and it’s all purposely done by management to keep a union out.Poor communication and lack of respect for employees.

This is good company to work and get paid good money .. mandatory 4 hours over time on Saturdays is a minus and if u don’t show up than you loose your call in day. People you work with are nice and friendly. Management sucks and you are just a number for them.. just do your job and go home. Don’t try to impress the boss, it doesn’t work. All the decisions are made in office and they can move you from easiest job to the hardest one anytime .. assembly line is the worst place yo work. Good Benefit and pay.. lots of perks .. annually gifts for employees..

Pros

Free lunches . Discount on vehicles

Brutal shifts

Shift work is brutal, ear buds NOT permitted to relieve the mind numbing repetitive work, very physically taxing, no freedom of motion. The goal is to leave while you still have a soul.

I enjoyed working at Tayota

It was a life saver for me in the time when I was not making my living. It paid well . Enough hours for overtime. All my managers were amazing. Training was given for every job .

Pros

Steady work and pay

Cons

Rotation of work

Very demanding and stressful

Not worth it due to shift work and the fact that they treat you like you're a preschooler, also they keep taking away benefits, forget about your own family, toyota will be the focus point

Cons

Long shift hours

Not worth the money

If you’re single tmmc is perfect for you unless you have a life. People with families will never see them again. You will be crippled by the end of your time there

Pros

Pay

Cons

Sucks the life out of you

Good workplace

Excellent people to work with. Nice work place with personal desks. Good group leaders and team leaders. Very nice HR support. World class facilities.

Not good work environment

Very stressed due to poor management, manager was micro manager, expected your outcome from day 1 joining, no directional guidance for new hire, there were zero social environment, job is just like Robert, no any feeling outside of the work.feeling airborne contamination smell all the time

Pros

Good vacation

Cons

Micro management, no social environment

Not for Everyone

My fellow line workers were great! I don't have anything but positive things to say about the people I worked with on the line. They were what kept me going through the shift. Middle Management wasn't horrible but the managers change so frequently that their understanding of what you do is not always on point. Some managers listen to their production workers, some don't. Staff turn over is high with new employees. People who stick it out for the first few years and start to get better pay tend to stay around. Afternoon shift is horrendous. You start in the late afternoon but not late enough to have to be paid a mid-night premium. Overtime is not optional so when you work 10 hours on 'afternoons,' you won't get home until 5-6am. As that is about the start time for day shift when you do shift change over, you are completely changing your sleep schedule. Not a job for everyone but the people make it bearable.

good place to work

not to fast paced and my manager was a very good listener and helpful. they are so many good people who are willing to help you out. I would strongly recommend working there!

Pros

collaboration

Cons

benefit sucks!

Fast paced, exhausting good pay

Hard to balance work life and family life with rotating shifts, long hours, exhausting pace. It's a good place to work if you don't have kids and need a high paying job.

Hard working

Repetitive works. Not good for long term. job is insecure and have to wait many years to become permanent. Zero work - life balance.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

Repetitive works will kill you

Disappointing

If you are not liked by management you can expected to be on your hands picking up nuts maybe you will even get to wipe all posts down. Unsafe, disappointing

Compagnie qui cherche à évoluer tranquillement. Manque de personnel. Rémunération adéquate.

Malgré le support des supérieurs et que les employés sont très gentil, c’est un environnement de travail rapide et stressant. Le travail tels quels n’est pas complex en soi, mais la surcharge de travail élevé, du au manque de personnel, fait en sorte qu’il est difficile de terminer toutes ses tâches.

Pros

Télétravail temporaire

Cons

Aucun bénéfice sous contrat (pour au moins un ans), manque de personnel

Has gone downhill in the last 10 years

This used to be the job people dreamed of. Last 10 years has gone downhill. Long contracts. Managers are power trippers. Low pay when starting. No work/life balance.

There's better out there

Worked in admin for 4years. You get sucked into the mentality of this being a stable job, careful - alot of staff are unhappy but have too much tenure to leave.The culture is very much there to grind you down, take away creativity and force you in a box of standardized work and policies; reinforcing you are a number to the company. Upward career movement is SLOW by design, compensation is mediocre, hours are terrible with lots of overtime, managers often lack basic management or people skills, and I found myself constantly stressed, despite being great at my job. They forced all office workers in during the pandemic...says about all.I left, found a position with the same pay for less hours, better benefits and was promoted within 2years. Grass is greener elsewhere.

Pros

The people. Spend some time talking to the people in production, the office and you'll know there's some truly great people that work here.

Cons

Lots of mandated overtime, high stress, poor management, corporate nightmare of policies and practices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement