Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC)

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) Employee Reviews

Lots of incentive programs

Featured review

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) selected this as a representative review
Shift work expected plus overtime. Very competitive wages. Great benefits. Has gym facility for their employees. Awesome bonus program with extra bonus incentives. Opportunity for advancement as well as incentives to further education. Management always get back to you about your concerns and grievances. Good communication and paid time for them.

Pros

Wages, security, benefits

I would not work here again. Very toxic on your body and mental health.

Decent pay(not really) Toxic work place (only care about yourself) Toxic coworkers (watch what you say) Not worth the damage to your own body with no guarantees till 3 years after you have started.No honor in hard work anymore, you could be their best worker and if you put one toe out of line they will fire you. I will for one will never buy a Toyota again and will take my hard work somewhere else aha.

Pros

Cons

long hour, no appreciation, will fire you on for no reason, toxic work place

Life sucking Pay Check

Sign your soul away when you get past the orientation. Depending on what area your in, you could love or hate your job. Don’t invest to much time trying to build friendships, you will be disappointed. If your good at “The Game” and talking smack, you’ll be fine. Good luck!

Pros

Free swag, clothes and bonuses. Plus an above average pay check

Cons

Long hours, poor moral, Head games

Fast pace

If you’re willing to have no family life, feel exhausted every single day… Go for it! I worked in QC and absolutely disliked it! The people who are ready to retire within the next 5-7 years were the most miserable people I have ever worked with. The money is not great at all, it takes 8 years to make full wage and roughly 4 years to even get hired on full time. Worst place I have ever experienced. Why are they always hiring?!! Think about it

Pros

Cons

Mandatory OT, miserable people

Decent Pay, horrible workday/life balance

8 year contract is way too long. Most other co-workers were signed on 3 year contracts and make 40%-60% higher pay, benefits, and vacation yet get preferred job selection and do less work. No layoffs however parts shortages means less hours and unsteady pay. Production line runs way too short no there's never really any bathroom trips other than on break. Breaks are 15mins however sometimes there are not any stalls available, get ready to wear diapers to work everyday. Shifts are in horrible time slots and the horrible parking lot design makes it that support staff leave 30 mins after shift and everyone else is congested. To get into any support position takes 10-years plus, and even earning a living wage takes 4 years.

Pros

Average Base Pay, High Bonus Pay, Lots of Overtime, No Layoffs

Cons

Part Shortages, No life balance, No living wage or vacation for 3 years, 8 year contract to living wage, No bathroom availablity

Standardized job, cost reduction oriented

Very standardized and fairly easy job, the system and procedures are set up to basically run on it's on, so is more of a repetitive verification process for each req / PO (qty, price, currency, delivery date, MOQ,etc).Management struggles to take decisions on a timely manner but 100% of the time they will go with whatever represents more cost reduction (cheapest price) eventhough it might cost more money later on.Great place to learn and use a lot PowerBI, SAP, Trello for project management/Daily operations tracking, Access, Sharepoint, etc.Hard to advance/ grow within the department, specially if hired as a contractor through a 3rd party company (close to impossible to get hired permanently, the dept. is consider to be already crowded)

Pros

Pay and benefits, flexible schedule, really standardized job

Cons

No Growth opportunities, favoritism, gossip, no teamwork

No Hope

Talk to anyone here over 10 years, no chance to post anywhere , stuck in the same area the whole time, Don't be fooled morale for full time workers is horrible. Managers don't care bottom line they leave people in preferred areas for life while the rest are stuck online with no options to move anywhere. Horrible on the body!! Managers determine what's a preferred job is not the Team member doing the Job..

Awful

Team leaders think they are God's, treat new team members with little to no respect and act like because they have worked there for years they need to be bowed to. Management are a joke and do nothing for their staff.It's always a game of he said she said and many team members are un happy. It's a terrible environment

Pros

Cons

Long hours, family is non existant, poor treatment by managment

They own you

There is no work/ life balance. The only family you have is the company, because you are there for up to 10 hours a day. But, large amounts of money to be made if you want to do the work.

Cons

Forced overtime

Toyota doesn’t care

Extremely toxic work environment - management only cares about lying to get external awards. “Top Family Friendly Company”? People get punished for taking time off to take care of the family. “Best Diversity Employer”? The biggest joke, people face harassment on a daily basis and get retaliated against when bringing forward the concerns in good faith. The hardest part of the job is swiping in at the gate very morning and seeing the “Toyota Cares” sign, the most enjoyable part of the day is swiping out at the gate to leave the factory.

Pros

$20 DQ gift card

Cons

Everything else

Jobs at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC)

See more jobs

Don't work here. Seriously.

"Toyota Cares". I see this slogan posted on signs as I walk into the building and once the shift begins and the line starts, I am reminded that they do not in fact "care". In the summer it is disgustingly hot. Rainy days are guaranteed to be even worse. They have the line running at a speed where you barely have enough time to finish the car before running to the next one. Thirsty? Too bad. Work faster if you want time to drink. Injured? Are you sure the injury happened at work? I have been an employee for 8 years now and I can honestly say that working here has been the biggest mistake of my life. I am scared that my quality of life will be terrible when I am older because of all the minor and major injuries my body has accumulated over the years. Yes, Toyota offers a really decent benefit package. But it's because we absolutely need it. I visit the chiropractor, physiotherapist, massage therapist all very frequently. Yes, we do get up to 8 weeks of vacation a year once you have a lot of seniority. But that's because your body needs it! We are so overworked here that we need this time off in order to give our body's time to rest. I really cannot stress this enough that your body is going to ache like it never has before. It will keep you awake at night, it will keep you home when you really want to go out and enjoy the time you aren't at work. You are not the exception. You will not enjoy your time here. Working at TMMC is not worth sacrificing your health. Oh, and the shift work is terrible too.

Good paying job

Good paying job with hard hours for a single mother, long hours on night shift that is exhausting. But great benefits and drug plan. Just hours are very hard

Good work place

I enjoyed working there the people where very kind and nice to me it was also fun and exciting working in a safe environment working with other people

Pros

Lunch break

Cons

Long Hours

Terrible place

The management doesn’t care about you. They do not support team members with disabilities. Even if you do what ur asked they will find a way to make you feel like you can’t do anything right. Toxic work environment.

Pros

Money

Cons

Toxic work environment, management makes bad calls and then blames it on the team members, They DO NOT support disabilities.

The most Toxic place I’ve worked I’m my life

Expected to work like a robot that does not make mistakes ever,If you get hurt, that’s the only time they will act like they car, BUT soon as your better, you will likely be fired,Zero work life balance, your team leader will have you at the desk writing you up for everything and anything to build a profile, your team members will treat you bad for 3 to 4 years while you’re in a contract, tons of favouritism , you’re treated differently hundred percent being a contract worker most people are guaranteed to not ever get full-time, money is the only thing that’s OK, that being said for the type of work you do for this company you should be paid lots more, walking on eggshells constantly worrying about losing your job everybody, That’s why the place is constantly hiring new people either you quit or get fired most toxic place I’ve ever worked for Ever,If the line starts you can bet you’ll have a group of team leaders leaders love you are you know what within seconds, even if you get hurt that wind is nonstop, you will be picked up move to the side somebody else will replace and within a minute like you’re nothing, only one thing in this company cares about their cars and their public image, disgusting how people get treated to be quite honest,

Production quality control

treat you like garbage 3 years on contract then they throw you away during a pandemic great company not so much I wouldn't recommend applying there at all

Pros

Cons

Swing shift

Horrible management

The management at Toyota is honestly a joke. They don’t know a thing and most of them are just sheep. They tell you not to build if there is only a minute left in the quarter so you start packing up and then they get mad at you for packing up like are you stupid? You have to call and wait for a team leader to use the washroom and if you are gone for more than 5 minutes they make a big deal so take your number 2 as fast as possible. It takes 8 years to get the full time rate so it’s only worth going here if you really know your gonna work there for your life!

Pros

Overtime available always you can meet some good people here

Cons

Long hours bad management

Terrible management

Most of the group leaders are very unprofessional bullies and like to try to intimidate and demoralize team members,Group leaders bonuses are huge compared to the team members on the line and the more the line stops the smaller there bonus, so they walk up and the line behaving like drill sergeants,It’s a revolving endless line of turnover in employees. They don’t help and the training is terrible and no fault of the line workers (coworkers) that train you,They try to train you while the line is running and there is no room to even see or hear the trainers and only 60 seconds to train you on the process, TERRIBLE/UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT !!!

Pros

Big place and not enough time to eat, and use the bathroom without choking on your food or not eating near enough, waiting in long lines to use the 3 urinal 3 stall bathroom that 100 people line up to use

Cons

Sorry the cons are listed above and there are no pros

Not worth the pay

This place is literally the most over hyped company I’ve ever worked for, everyone has this illusion that it’s a great place to work, and you’ll make great money and spend your working life there and retire in luxury. But in truth it’s ran by a bunch of clowns who don’t give a $#!@ about you, you are just a number to them. You’re stuck working as a contract employee for up to 6 years, and in that time you are a second class citizen, and you’re treated like one; less pay, no vacation, no time off, expected to work ALL over time, all while your job security is hanging in a thread as while you’re still ‘contract’ they can terminate your employment for any reason they wish.The rotating shifts works for some people, but I hated it. 2 weeks in days, 2 weeks in afternoons. Just as you’re getting adjusted to the new schedule it flips on you. You can work your hind off and do everything right, but if your immediate supervisor is a tool with a chip on his shoulder or you rub him the wrong way, you can be sure you’ll be walked out before you get full time. And in that time you will be blamed for stuff, thrown under the bus, driven to your last straw- but you’ll stay because the pay is good.I have never worked somewhere that treated their employees with less respect than here.0/10, would not go back for twice the pay. This was the worst 4 years of my life. No joke.

Pros

If you can ignore all the negative aspects of the job it’s decent pay

Cons

You are a second class citizen the first 6 years working there, culture is toxic, management is a bunch of clowns only looking out for themselves

Unnecessary shift change

The shift change makes you uncomfortable, and also you have to wait at least three years to be permanent. But the salary is the best in the area, it grows every year.

Horrible

You will be phyiscally and mentally destroyed. They don't care. They will work you to the bone, and treat you like an animal not a human being. All they care about is quantity of vehicles not the quality or the health and safety of team members.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management. Work load. Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7