Play YouTube video button
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC)

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) Employee Reviews

Canada268 reviews
Featured review
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) selected this as a representative review
Great place and people
Worked as an Assistant Operating Engineer at the Woodstock location. Amazing bunch of people to work with. The Chief Operating Engineer is one of the most knowledgeable man I have ever worked for, and he does as much as he can to pass on that knowledge and find the time to help and teach. The staff working in facilities to keep this place up and running every single day and night are awesome to work with. Enjoyed my time there
Pros
People, amenities, pay and benefits
Cons
Long shifts
Not bad
The money to start, coupled with the earning potential is great. Met some really good people there. Having to work 3+ years to get full-time is a little much. Not good for families with kids as it is shift work.
Money
If you like money more then yourself or family this job is perfect for you, prepare to be treated like a child from management, who like to tell you when you can go to the bathroom, talk, work and such.
Good company but poor management
I worked in production line in Woodstock. All the managers are the same. All play politics and politics nothing else. They just want you to work no matter what. HR people will show that they are caring for you but at the end, NO.
Treat you well at home and poorly at work.
Toyota gives you great benefits and pay, so when you're not there it's a great company to work for. However, on the job is a different story all together. The work-load is inconsistent between jobs, with some being so overburdened that it is almost impossible to compete them in the allotted time while the person beside you can do their job in half the time. When this issue is brought up, you are asked "what are you going to do about it?", which is encouraging since Toyota does offer you the ability to improve and make changes to your processes.

That is completely negated by how difficult it is to get those changes to go through. The process to submit those changes is convoluted, and little to no guidance is available on how to navigate that process. They also provide no time for you to submit those changes, making you do it on your own time, or on paid breaks. On top of that, the culture is "us vs. them", which makes getting buy-off on those changes extremely difficult.

Advancement is possible at Toyota, but be prepared to wait a long time. The application and interview process requires you to jump through several hoops, and then wait in a long line to get that promotion. Beyond that, you have to wait until you're hired permanently from your contract before you can begin the process. Someone I know took 3 years to finally get a position.

The hiring process is another thing all together. They hire you as a contract worker, and you remain as a contract until you complete a mandatory amount of time as one - which changes, but the shortest wait I've heard recently is
 - more...
Legit joke to work production
B shift team leads, supervisors, managers, are all lazy,very talkative away from doing the job they are assigned, politics play a huge role in keeping your job, after being wrongfully dismissed for absolutely killing the SAF parts delivery run,which nobody else could handle doing , I started a business. And now I make more money in 6 months than mostly all of production control combined
The work is physically difficult, prepare to sweat. The people are pretty good, some are great some are not. I would still be working there if I had not become a single mother. The shift work made it impossible for me to be the kind of mother I needed to be without a partner.
Fun Area to work in minus the current management.
Fast paced, repetative work. Good paying job for the work necesary. Hours of work would be the only drawback. Job Work/Life Balance tipped heavily in favour of Job Work. Questionable management at present.
Acceptable
Very physical place to work. If you're not able or willing to physically move without stopping for most of the eight hour shift (10 hr shifts sometimes), then this is not the place for you.
Fast Paced, Good pay
The shifts take a while to get used to but they are long shifts depending on overtime. It's very fast-paced and you need to be careful about each detail, and maintain health and safety rules at all times. Most coworkers are very nice and I've made new friends there.
My worst experience
1-Make sure you record everything because they just use their regulations whenever they want to use them against you. They don’t apply them to their people.
2-You basically must say “yes” to everything otherwise they don’t want to keep you

3-There are behaviours because of their plant culture which included discrimination, isolation,racism etc
Not good place
It's full of stressful people bad comments and in fair treatment
They don't care about contract people less wages the same work load as permnant worker .less vacation .no respect for diversity and different cultural.all on the web site about mozaique is a lie.
Over all good environment
Working at Toyota found it, relatively a good working condition, no much pollution, though noise. The only problem I see at Toyota is that their probayion period is long, three years. Even if you have other qualification somedy wants to switch, he or she must wait three years. Otherwise it is generally good working at Toyota according to my experience.
Productive and fast paced on the assembly line
Quality control inspection involves responding to assembly line concerns or part fitment problems. This includes emailing suppliers with clear and detailed photos. The part verification process can sometimes be frustrating if an engineer needs to be called upon. I enjoy working with suppliers and other team members to achieve my daily goals.
Pros
good money and free coffee on production Saturdays
Cons
Long hours with overtime and mandatory Saturdays
Hard on the mind and body
My time at Toyota started out with me being very eager to learn this new field of business. Very quickly I learned it was very hard on my body, to the point of me ending up injured. Poor communication from management. I agree with other reviewers, it reminds me of high school behaviour. A lot of people have been helpful but most are not. It's hard doing the same job as others that make much much more than me.
stressful and difficult to learn
long process and employees feel like you are just a number, poor communication between company, stressful jobs but good training and always someone able to help you out
Used to be good until the 10 year grow-in
The money seems decent at first, but 10 years is a long time.
(I was hired before then and made top rate at 4 1/2 years)

You will be on "contract" for the first 3 years during which time...

Your benefits are limited (no dental or long/short term disability)

Your semi-annual bonus is 1/2 of what a full-timer makes.

You get 1 week bookable vacation as well as 1 week in mid July and 1 1/2 weeks from Xmas to New Years's.

That is the stuff that is "in print".

What's not in writing...

You are treated like a 2nd class citizen.

Veiled threats to your job security are a regular occurrence.

You can be moved to any shop or line or plant at any time.

You better not get hurt or complain that you hurt, as they will do everything in their power to 'push" you out of there.

You better not have any kind of disagreement with any level of management, no matter how justified, as they will "push" you out.

Until you are full-time you just work there, you're not an employee.

Anything you are promised when first hired can be taken away easily until you are full-time (pension, wage progression, vacation to name a few)

Once you are full-time they can still take away whatever they want, whenever they want.

I only stay because I make 80-90k/year (which took me less than 5 years) and get 7 weeks of vacation (5 of which I get to choose)

If you don't believe me, or if you're OK with what you've read, try it out for a month. You'll at least make a few thousand and get a free pair of work shoes, prescription safety glasses and some clothing.
Worst place to work Don't even think about working ther
Worst place to work Don't even think about working there A horrible place to work. I dont know a single person who has worked there for a few years or more that doesnt hate it. Sure the money is good if you want to: 1. Never see your family 2. Never see your friends 3. Enjoy nepatism in full swing ... (watching Managers promote their friends.) Most educated people aren't in management positions. They are on the line slugging parts. If you think for yourself you are a square peg in a round hole. 4. Get treated like a child 5. Perform tasks that the company knows hurts people. 6. Ruin your body 7. Work from 5: 45-4: 15am every two weeks. Which is horrible for your health 8. Breath toxic air that TMMC says, "falls under government rules." (In other words they do the bare minimum for your health) 9. Summers are very hot. I've seen people black out from heat but are intimidated by managers so they say nothing. 10. So many people work hurt in this plant it's insane. TMMC will make you feel like you are the problem, not the dangerous process that they have designed to make you perform. 11. Most TMMC are divorced ... You see your family
Line woker
I was treaded very poorly over the 6 years I worked for the company I was bullied for years with nothing being done about it then I was sexually harassed alone with mutli other team members and I was asked if I would like to be moved areas and the the team member offending was never reprimanded. I now quite my job with no computation because I worked in an usafe work environment. I
Do not work at toyota , they do not care about anyone or their families just pushing out product
By far the worst place I've ever worked . Shift work , so no home life except on days off which is usually one day because of mandatory Saturday. Management and group leaders back each other up even with harrassment
Every line has a worker on light duties or medical issues , enough said claims
Pros
No pros
Cons
Tired . Exauseted . Always sore .
stressful
would personally not recommend anyone to work at tmmc.
not fit if you have a family.

hours are a little crazy.

have a 10 year grow in, therefore you have to be there for 10 years before you're at full rate.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC). Our community is ready to answer.
2.7