Toyota Boshoku Canada

Toyota Boshoku Canada Employee Reviews

Good pay, good benefits, far too many hours. Maintenance is a mess, no respect for trades, five electricians have quit within the last year or so, three of them new hires who quit within a month.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Too many hours, management constantly changing everything, micro management
The management and the team are very supportive. They have been trained new staff patiently and intensively. They have been very considerate for new comers as well.
Cons
The pay is great. However, you need to work like an animal. 10 hour shift, three breaks. 10 min breaks. are you kidding. No wonder they can't keep employees. I think the Japanese people think they are in Japan!!. The B shift supervisor or team leader is useless. I wouldn't let her manage two people. I don't know how she got the role. They attract you with all the good benefits, but in the long run say good buy to your wrist and back
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, not enough break time
You work like slaves for peanut money. Always gets body pain because of the repetitive work and lifting. No time for breaks and it’s unpaid. Mandatory overtimes. And Only 7 sick leaves. Worst place to work in my opinion.
Even after reading the reviews I gave it a shot! Horrible 6 months. Worst place I have ever worked. My TL was very nice but the upper management is horrible. If they don’t like you, it will be hard to survive. Too much favouritism, make you do job of 2 people saying they are low on staff! They should figure it by now then that it’s them and not the work that they are always low on staff! Anything taken to hr never gets resolved, instead your manager will give a hard time if you complain about something bc the hr cannotkeep anythinh to themselves, terrible thing to do to as there will be no privacy. Not only me but other team members think the same. The management doesn’t want to do anything and blame you for everything that goes weing, even when a toilet clogs!!!!!!!!! They have no idea how many parts need to be build in the beginning of the shift, so no wonder the shifts are 10 hrs long, either the A/B shift didn’t finish their assignment or we were not working fast or not checking parts. If you put 1 person to do 3 people’s job then obviously there will be defects in quality!
Pros
Team member, ok salary
Cons
Management, favouritism, shift rotations
Past facing work Lots of overtime Nice company Good pay work Good place to work Good environment Nice place to work Competitive job Nice people and accommodating
You get stuck doing the same thing all day because they cant keep people on jobs 8 hour days turn into 10 because they put bandades on everything instead of fixing Management has no life so they expet you to have no life aswell
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Physically demanding / straining
management bad long hours most people are ****, they try to promote TEAM all that is B.S. team my *** you are on your own & the bosses expect rim jobs
Great team leaders and group leaders. Could not ask for a better AM. he is the best. good. Pay Top notch benefits. team members are great to work with.
Friendly and good benefits Team leader is so nice Team members are helpful There is nice work place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in the welding department and Toyota Boshoku Woodstock. The work environment is fast paced and management is relatively hands off; you're assumed to know your tasks and you're left to finish them during your shift.
There’s decent benefits. Pay is ok at best for the work and environment and stress that you put up with from the management and daily grind. They say quarterly bonuses but we hardly ever get the full bonus since it’s mainly based on quality and safety. The people that work there on the line with you for the most part are the only good thing about this place. I’ve worked here for 7 years
Pros
Benefits, other team members
Cons
Management (outside of 1 or 2 good guys ) pay... esp long term, very boring, a lot of the time will be put on the same job all day
Good place to work, although as a factory the work is very exhausting. I definitely recommend this company to anyone who is interested in working in Canada.
Good work environment, good benefits, fair salary, opportunities to ascend, good management. spacious, clean and well-lit facilities. Human resources staff very attentive and collaborative.
I like co workers and also TLs GLs are good and respectful but not all of them. I like HSE which is the first priority all around. Quality is the most important which make you learn alot of new stuff. Benefit,benefit and benefit is the thing which we considered here. Bounces from time to time but isn't bad. Overtime when ever you want and you dont.
Is a good spot if you do not have other things on the go. Be sure you are on time or 5 minutes early as all employees start on the line at the same time so if one person is late, it will affect the entire process. Others will have to step in to do their job and eventually back the line up.
Pay was ok, shift work made it difficult. The only thing that bothered me was the moral with many workers was hard to be around. It was very unorganized at time and the training was not the greatest. You felt alot of pressure
It’s a better place to start a carrier to work with the automotive industry and the people working there are too friendly .Working as a team is better to finish tasks easier.
The job itself was fast paced and very repetitive, but overall it was a good working environment. The people were extremely friendly, and although it was sometimes difficult to stay awake during the evening shift, it was manageable.
Working for Toyota boshoku for more than one year, It’s my first factory job and gained lots of experience. it's an easy job but long hours and repetitive task makes tired, but once I got used to the job, the tasks are easy and doing rotation shifts makes hard to balance the daily routine.
Working for Toyota boshoku for almost 2 yearand half, gained lots of experience it's hard work, long hours, stressful sometimes but once I got used to the job and follow all process and criteria the work get easy the money is good especially we do alot of overtime, management are professional and helpful but doing rotation shifts make it hard to balance the daily routine