Toyota Boshoku Canada Employee Reviews

Welder
Repair welder (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON30 August 2019
I just got let go from her because I got threatened with a knife and I was apparently the aggressor? The hours are long the employer has no respect for the employees... don’t go to hr with an issue it will never get resolved!!! The hrs are long and you work with young kids that do nothing but complain.,.by far the worst 9 months I have ever worked don’t do it!!
Great Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON24 August 2019
Toyota Boshoku is a a good job, with advancement opportunities if you are eager enough and want to pursue them. I’ve been here for many years and moved up. Training is great! I’ve learned a ton. I’d say that initially the shift work was tough, but more incentive to work hard and move up to other positions that are not shift work. We are paid well, and I have provided for my family for several years. It’s secure, and yes they expect you to work which made me a better employee all in all. Everyday is not a walk in the park, but everything I have learned along the way is so valuable as a result.
Great Place to learn different types of work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON16 July 2019
The Toyota Boshuko Factoring is a great place to learn new abilities that you dont knew about, the work is very constant, the pay is good the only think i dislike are the long shifts. the team members are really good and we get rewards on goals.
mfg line
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON15 July 2019
expected to keep everything running 24/7
if anything fails, its your fault
Rewarding
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Elmira, ON8 July 2019
You feel like you're part of a team that's doing something that is positive. Paid training always taking care of the staff there's Christmas parties there's functions where you can go golfing listen this is a place to come if you are looking for a career!
Pros
Benefits are amazing
Cons
Quality catches should be for everyone who catches abnormal situations to improve their quality
Very busy Tier 1 automotive plant.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON3 July 2019
Very fast paced, 5S oriented Japanese automotive plant. Tact times are less than 1 minute, and the learning curve is extremely steep. Very clean environment, with the plant floor having climate control. Despite what is said, the first priority is production pace. Plan for a 10 hour shift, as overtime is called usually an hour before the end of the standard 8 hour shift. High staff churn and burnout rate means steady employment if you show up every day.
Pros
Plant wide climate control.
Cons
Steep learning curve.
Good pay but too much overtime.
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON15 June 2019
Too many hours for a single mom with kids. When you get home you are tired from the long shifts. Breaks are short only 10 min. They flat out tell you when you get hired that weather is never an excuse to miss work or be late. If road is closed go a different route. I thought that was extreme and shows how little they value employees. Lots of people act like they are better than you when training you but really they have only been there 1-3 months themselves lol. Team leads are pretty useless. Dont talk to you and dont do anything. Some of them were just flirting with each other for an entire shift. The only good thing about it is the pay and the odd nice person. Some coworkers are nice but difficult to make friends because of language barrier.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, useless team leads
Fast pace environment , lots of OT if needed
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON14 June 2019
• Managed department’s payroll
• Overseer of multiple production departments responsible
for different stages of the manufacturing process
• Ensuring that all machinery and work equipment is
functioning safely and efficiently at the start and end of
shift
• Educating and training Team Leaders and other
Supervisors/Managers
• Job was very fast pace which I thrive in
Pros
Overtime easily accessible, Fun environment to work in, growing company, room to move up.
Cons
Standing for long long periods of time, hard on the body and hands
Not a good place to work unless you want to be a SLAVE
Production Control (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON26 May 2019
Signing a contract with this company is probably worse than singing your soul away Management is the worst,in pc they treat you like garbage don’t say hi or bye. you stay late to help other people and don’t even get a thanks all they do is threaten to fire everyone in our group meetings every morning for silly stuff none of us have done or could do they treat us like we are a bunch of stupid lazy idiots and they hate us all we can’t do anything right meanwhile it’s all of us stupid team members who make this company Most of the management are lazy. Wont even cover people so the can go to the rest room if your a female on the seat line chances are you won’t be able
To use the rest room even if it’s that time of the month or if they do get to go by the time you actually get to go it will be to late I’ve never been or seen of a worst place to work oh and you never know when your going to be done the bell will ring at the end of the day and then they will then say we are working and hour late take a 5 minute break and in pc the have jobs that are so unrealistic it’s crazy a the have one person doing a 2 man job in a few departments but then a one man easy job will have 2 or 3 people... again because management doesn’t know what they are doing
Pros
Alright money some good people good benefits when u get hired
Cons
Treated like we are not human and worthless
Good wages,
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 May 2019
Good and safe place to work as well as the job security, good benefits package, team members friendly and helpful, the wages are good with lots of overtime if I need to make extra money management is professional and supporting
Pros
Free lunch sometime
Good pay no growth
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Elmira, ON18 April 2019
Good job to start earning decent money but it is a physical job with rotational shifts. Team spirit is great. Nice people to work with. Management is arrogant but they don't bother you on a daily basis if you do your job and go home.
There is no growth or learning. Wages are capped after 4 years.
Overall I recommend this job as a stepping stone to something better
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts, Capped wages, No growth, No learning
It's "okay"
Seat Line Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 March 2019
It's okay at best if single. You won't have much free time when you are thrown onto the floor.

I have been here 3 months or so, favouritism mentioned by others is a legit concern here. If you don't get along with your AM they'll treat you like garbage, even if try to play nice. I have gotten into it with one for the stupidest reasons because they always have something to say. Always belittling me over everything I do.

Do not pull your yellow cord when he's around, he will scold and critisize you instead of helping you. Calling for a Team Leader is sometimes the best option, if they're not busy. The AM has NEVER worked the line apart from Steaming, to put that into perspective of him telling you how to do your job at times.

The job is good if you want/need money, but I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

The co-workers and Team Leaders are always friendly and there to help you, other higher ups will put you down. The friends I made here and the fact we have same thought process on issues makes things better.

I currently work 10 hours a day, regardless of days/afternoons(Nights).

The highlight of going to work, is leaving after 10 hours.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, somewhat easy/fast work
great place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON17 March 2019
loved working there the people and management were great..lots of overtime with great pay and benefits. Lots of room for advancement if your willing to work for it
Pros
everything
Ok Place to Work
Summer Student Doorline Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON1 March 2019
Work was not too bad, you were stuck doing a lot of the same stuff especially when you are still in training and they don't have enough people to fill all the spots on the assembly line. The switching between night and day shift also was not the greatest and there was times where saturday morning shifts were required, but the pay was really good.
Terrible. Wouldn’t recommend!!
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 February 2019
I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Shifts are brutal, management is terrible, team leaders are all young people just getting out of high school.
Hurt my shoulder at work and they let me go.
They pick favourites. If your not on that list you’ll be fired!
You will have no family life or life working here.
I would recommend not getting a job here!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours. No outside life.
Bad news bears
Auto Assembler (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON18 January 2019
Boshoku is incredibly awful. The management are dummies and also very sexist towards woman workers. HR never does anything to help you. It’s not good.
Pros
Cons
Everything and everyone
Great Job Opportunity
Seat Assembly Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON7 January 2019
Great Job Opportunity. Not bad work but it is still work, face pace work for less pay. Means to and end Job as most quit after a year to go to school. Unless you put your head down and grind. No advancement and rotation shifts will make work becomes your life...
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Rotation shifts
Just brutal all around.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON4 January 2019
Worked on the "good" shift, was still the worst management I've ever seen in a factory. There is a reason they have five different ads up. Not a place to go if you want to be treated as a human.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
everything else
Horrible place to work. Management is awful
Seatline team member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 October 2018
Seat line is horrible. Been here for almost 10 years.
Dont work here. You will regret it.
Worst place I have ever worked!!!!!
Long hours. Can't use the washroom if you need to wipe working
Pros
Cons
Everything, management
Not worth working at TBC until starting wage becomes $20.00/hr
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON8 October 2018
I have read the other reviews about TBC Woodstock and wholeheartedly agree that:

TBC Woodstock underpays for extremely physically demanding, frustrating and disorganized work experiences. Many fellow empoyees jjoke and compare how much weight they have lost in their first 3 or 6 months on the job.

Do you live outside of Woodstock and want to apply here?
Ask yourself if you will be able to live with:
NEVER KNOWING WHAT TIME YOU WILL BE FINISHED WORK EACH AND EVERY DAY!

How can you plan your life that way? And that's just thinking about their "40 Hour" work week, never mind the chaos of their 60 hour weeks.

Signing a contract to agree to overtime is one thing, but NEVER KNOWING when your sift is going to end, and never really knowing why just eats away at you and your coworkers.

TBC doesn't get it:
getting paid an extra 20 hours x 1.5 x $18.45/hr (+shift premium) is not worth it. Sure there are lots of people that apply and start working at TBC, but many quit or get fired.

$20.00/hr starting rate would be acceptable to attract and keep good workers, even if there is the risk of wanting to quit or getting hurt by working here.

Turnover is extremely high, people are always missing from your shift.

After 3 months, many people start looking for work elsewhere and use their time at TBC to try and get hired at the main Toyota plants in Cambridge or Woodstock.

TBC Floor Managers are always scrambling to make-up for absenteeism and have a really hard time answering simple questions.
Safety is hyped, but not enforced until somebody gets hurt or seen
  more... doing something unsafe by Upper Management. All of them admit that it is only going to get worse starting Nov. 2018 with all of the new employees and expansion.

They recently raised starting wage to $18.45, because they realize people have other good job choices in Woodstock and word is spreading that TBC Woodstock is not a good place to work.
Pros
Nice co-workers.
Cons
Impossibly short breaks, unclean washrooms, loud, hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota Boshoku Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9