Toyota Boshoku America
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Toyota Boshoku America Employee Reviews

Nice workplace

It has great staff and management. Work atmosphere is fast paced. Great benefits for you and your family yes!! Overtime is always there, you have no choice to select.

Pros

Nice competitive pay

Cons

Long hours and work style

Terrible stress filled environment

Lack of concern for worker safety. Team members spray painting parts in areas with no ventilation. It can be very uncomfortable for women being hit on or watched on camera It has a very childlike atmosphere. Most of the Team leaders are too young and inexperienced for there job . They have no clue what they are doing . As well as there are video cameras everywhere which are used unlawfully. .The situation is so bad many good managers and group leaders , and team leaders have left , they can no longer tolerate working in the circus

Pros

You get paid consistently

Cons

Hours are terrible and inconsistent. You find out your are working overtime at last minute .

Well respected company

Toyota Boshoku is a kind of company that is respected for its culture. They take really seriously all the 5S.They keep the pace very clean and organized.

Benefits

Cons

Shift changes

Fast paced, team centred work, safety environment

A typical day at works are 9 - 10 hrs per shift; fast pace, goal focused, high production. Is a team work, everyone needs to do the best to achieve the daily goals of production. Follow the safety procedures every time.

Pros

Special days celebration, benefits

Very fast working environment

Work is not hard but it's very fast very friendly environment help full people if you are comfortable with a fast line working environment this job is for you

Pros

Some time you will get free lunch

Cons

Long hours up to 10 hours

Productive work place, always on the move

I like working at Toyota boshoku I like doing the welding, like doing different jobs ,different positions, like working with some of the ppl ther ,ppl make u feel better, They come to help you whenever u need it,management are good to us ,really good staff ,

Pros

Free lunches

Tm

The team leaderYou have to be rude to become a team leaderThere are many complimentsThere are some managers who treat us respectfully and politely and they are the only thing that makes me not leave work yet

No work and poor co workers

Absolutely dreadful place to work, and I say work but we’re in constant shutdown. So if you actually need a job to support yourself, you’re better off at McDonald’s. Co workers are awful and the management isn’t much better. I encourage you not to join, but feel free to see what I mean if you get in.

Pros

Not a whole lot

Cons

Constant shutdowns, Had threats thrown at me and management did absolutely nothing, very poor hours

Worst Employer

Working for Toyota Boshoku is working for a company that doesn't give an ounce of concern for its employees! You're under paid for the high demand of work they expect. There's no work life balance because you never know when your going to finish or possibly work on a Saturday. You're given the bare minimum required by law for breaks. When there is no production they withhold information from you and refuse to allow you to collect EI knowing there will be no production for a few weeks. It's either take no pay, use vacation time or go into work to do pretty much nothing most of the time. Nothing is done to improve moral, only push people out the door. My advice. Find somewhere else to work where you'll be appreciated!

Pros

None that i can think of

Cons

Please read and consider or not you'll remain here forever

First of all, its important to understand that tbca is a stepping stone which is actually unfortunate. Just because you're older, or have QC or PC experience doesn't mean you'll be placed appropriately. You will get in and question what you'll be doing.. they wont tell you until a group leader selects you midway through orientation once you're in the dojo and they watch you work. Yup favoritism is a thing here, I was a favorite but because they didn't know I was intending on leaving I decided basically 1 week after I started(ended up staying for over 2 years), I didn't take appropriate steps up. You can be a team leader, its easy, pay attention, offer ideas, communicate you'll be fine. see how it works is, if you're likeable, responsible, reliable, punctual, you have some common sense and you're patient (because team leaders will eventually leave been proven over and over again) you'll do ok here. Its how you handle it. Behave like a child, get treated like one. Behave like an adult, get treated like that. Hate to sound negative. Management can be very understanding as the job is what it is. You can guess what it is. Many many people have come and gone in my 2 years there. Toyota handled the pandemic and part shortage very well tbh, tbca did as well. The pay is, ok, not great but ok. company caters once in a while, offers a decent amount of time off, they know its hard work. However with tbca essentially being a few years behind tmmc in terms of ease for the worker to do the jobs, it can be hard for some. They give out rewards for good behavior, like kaizen awards and quality -

Pros

catering, some good people, decent pay, good benefits, company paid rrsp and rrps

Cons

lots of drama kings and queens, you will ache and hurt for your first little while, communication can suck depending on whos around you, favoritism, people will come up with some answers instead of coming to you and asking, a lack of ideas to change the jobs will limit their ability to help you entirely, dinosaur technology

Very active kind of job

I worked at TBCA Elmira door line for two and a half years and most of it were good times. Its not everybodys job, could be a shocking experience for people who didnt know what to expect what they got into. But hey you should know what to do if you know the job is not for you. Lots of overtime, normal hours 8 hours, overtime period 9hrs days 10hrs nights and scheduled saturday 4 hrs. pay is above minimum , fulltime after 3 months rrsp and other benefits. You are looking around $45,000 a year as a team member. Door line is actually a very good training ground if you want to move to TMMC. I can confirm it!

Pros

Free lunches, free money by catching defects, good benefits and perks

Cons

Could be long hours but not more than 10 hours a day

Productive and nice work

Production line it’s really nice and also good fit for quality control so I’m so happy 😀 to work again and again if’s hiring me because the top priority safety it’s number one in this company.

Most employees are great.

If you just want a paycheck and work 5 times as hard as you need to then it is the job for you. This is a factory job with some good people but most upper management don’t know how to do their jobs that includes the HR department. They promote friends or people the are intimate with in and out of work. They promote the wrong people and then blame the good people for quitting and getting a better job.There are good places to work but this is not one. Force you to work 10 hrs a day and 2 Saturday a month and blame it on the workers and not poor management. They over sell their product and equipment ain’t maintained right because it is always temp fixed and no one can fix it right. Take my advice go somewhere else, here you I will be treated like a dog or even worse.

Pros

Good people, some free lunches and sometime you get a bonus

Cons

Extra long hours, bad management and HR department is a joke.

If you can work like a machine,its a place for you.

The only plus ( just because i have to write) is consistent work and some benefits but at the cost of your life. The worst part is you know the start time but you never know if its going to be 8,9 or 10 hours at the end of the week. Long hours, on friday your shift starts at the same time and your first quarter is of the same duration but they very conveniently choose to cut your break by 5 minutes because you are doing only 8 hours as compared to 10 hours from monday to thursday.

Pros

Security, consistent work

Cons

Everything else.

Horrible

Long hours, never know what time you get to go home at. Noone cares about you here.. too much politics.. not cleanly at all.. no-one sanitizes/cleans anything especially with the covid outbreak. 4 cases in just under a month.

Benefits

Cons

Long hours, management

If your desperate for a few months

If you've got someone who's supportive in your life and understands that you won't really be able to do much on your days off days other then heal and rest. You could make it work but if your a younger guy living on your own like me don't let the, 3 extra dollars tempt you, the extra work that ruins your body isn't worth it. Your better off were you are. I also hated the windows on the line. To high up to see outside. To small to let any light except at very specific times of day when it would shine right in your eyes. Made you feel so close to freedom yet so far away.

Pros

i dunno they give you free food from time to time

Cons

management, repetitive work, no work/life balance, the windows suck

great place to work and the people were even bettter

I liked everything about the job the salary was great and they had good benefits lots of overtime which i love the people were great from my co workers all the way up to top managment..there were alot of perks including bonuses and free lunches

Pros

everything

Cons

Productive and fast pace environment

If you like too work with your hands and stand for long periods of times and work at fast pace this is the job for you I had a lot of good memory’s here

Ok wage no life

Looking for a job just to make some money before you find what your looking for this is it. But be ready for having no life long days and nights and work some weekends

Terrible management

The workers are awesome however the line managers of a lot of quarrels with each other as well as the workers resulting in very long days. With the shifts being 10 1/2 hours the boss is having poor communication in the line constantly shutting down results for a stressful workday.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Terrible bosses

Productive and very professional environment

Im proud working on this company. Working here is an honor for me. Management specially people in the office are approachable. Good benefits and good working environment. People takes pride of their work and everyone works very professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota Boshoku America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement