Towtal Roadside Solutions Employee Reviews

Absolutely horrendous place to work
Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2018
They claim that they have "newer, well maintained trucks?" YEA RIGHT. I was in their shop more times than I can count, with the two different trucks that I had.

Some people are very rude when you call into dispatch for whatever reason. Their way of conducting business is completely asinine.

What they also dont tell you, is that they list the salary at $75,000, however thats a potential earning as this job is completely commission based.
Pros
nothing
Cons
12 hours, six days a week
Great Pay, Great Support
Flatbed Tow Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2018
Long hours, but good pay. Support system is great.

Worse company you could ever work for
Light service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 July 2018
12 hours long 5 days a week,commision based .basically you make nothing and you work so hard 5 days a week.IT has no benefits at all and you are responsible for anything that happens while you are at work like an scratch or anything done to the other cars you have to pay from your own pocket.the company steals your money for stupid reasons and if you quit they dont pay your money.even working for one day for this company is a waste of time.also you have to buy your own tools to do their job.
Great job for people that love driving and scenery.
One ton driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2018
I worked for Towtal as a driver for several years. The calls I've received from CAA has allowed me to get to know the city a lot better and find alternate routes to places and I've met a lot of great people on my journey. Long hauls are great and make good money. The dispatchers are really nice whenever there is a situation that I cannot resolve and will walk me through everything or send assistance when needed.
Pros
Good long hauls
Fun and GREAT place to work!
Driver Supervisor/Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2018
I moved here a few months ago from the States and was searching for a new job I could call home when I came across Towtal Roadside Solutions posting on Indeed. I had my interview with these guys and from the moment of my interview I felt welcomed by these guys. Great place to work, great office atmosphere, Family oriented team, and they go above and beyond for the drivers. I have yet to have an issue here and I am thankful to be apart of this team!!
Pros
Great pay, They treat their employees and subcontractors very well!!
Cons
I have yet to find any yet
Tow truck driver
TOW TRUCK OWNER/OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
Own your own company and work according to a contract ususally 12 hours a day days a week. Work all holidays including Christmas and New years unless that is your day off.
great company in the beginning
Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2017
they are a great company to start out with then thy become extremely controlling and play by their own rules, managers , office , and dispatch can make work life more important then anything
all risk- little reward
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2017
give up a lot and get little return. good only if you were born yesterday. many hours for little pay for how much you work by comparison. Personally liable for any damage or legal issues. 2 weeks unpaid training. must buy own tools.
4 weeks until first paycheque.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
subcontractor
Enjoyed the type of work
Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
I have a passion for towing so this job was able to provide me a way to do so and was the most enjoyable part of this job (being able to do what I love). The life/work balance was non existant due to 12hr day 12 days a week before I had a day off, this was the hardest part of the job . A company like this would really benefit from being able to offer their employees a benefit package with the job due to the fact it is alot of time away from the family it would be nice to know with the job that simple things like dental care are covered and not needing to stress about the costs. This is really all I can say as it has been a couple years since I have worked for them so anything else could have changed by now. I think the best thing about working for them over any other towing company is though the wage was less, they paid for the gas used in the truck.
Pros
Work that is easy to love, they paid for the gas used in the truck
Cons
Long Hours, Few days off
Fun work
Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 October 2016
The work at this company is a lot of fun and great culture. The management at this establisment isn't the most well balanced towards their employees and I think that they need to look into new managers very badly.
Trs
Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 July 2015
Minimum working hours a day is 12. Reason for this is that it takes a while to complete a service call, which I understand. And, one must make at least 8 calls a day to get a decent day's pay.

I've learned a lot of things though, anything about towing and recovery; From Servicing clients/people, to troubleshooting immobile vehicles,(mind you, oftentimes wrecked ones cause they like me that much), to transport of it (anywhere from within and outside Ontario like Montreal or New York), and to completion of service and making CAA members happy, it's a very challenging job. Training is provided anyway, just follow through with what was taught and away you go.

Management and Owners are all good. A bit tough on their constituents at times but I know its just because they have a lot on their plate and they get stressed out too. They take care of tie-up clients, partnerships, promotions, all this to make sure operators are busy making money and thereby the company as well. Management takes care of all repairs and maintenance to make sure everyone can do their jobs out in the field.

Co-workers they're all alright. I salute them. Supportive and Always there to the rescue.

Hardest part of the job is working hours. I mentioned earlier, 12 hours is the minimum and its 6 days a week. Not much time to rest and to spend for family. Neither to do any regular or needed chores for yourself and for your home. And also, ungrateful and mean clients from time to time.(Of course).

Most enjoyable part of working here is I get to service CAA members and get them to smile and be thankful
  more... for "saving them". Although its our job to do so but the compliments from them gives that feeling of fulfillment. Also, operators get to go site-seeing all the time. On the way to the client and on haul of vehicle going to its destination, like for example New York, plenty of places to see. Lastly, the pay; decent and well-worth the work done. One must really work his/her tail off though to really appreciate whats there on the paycheque .  less
Pros
Trucks and training are provided, work on your own, no one's looking over your shoulder.
Cons
Four seasons you're out there battling extreme weather and restlessness.
Over all a great place to work
Operations Manager/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  4626 burgoyne st. Mississauga2 March 2015
I learned a lot during my tenure at Towtal Roadside Solutions. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that at the end of the day we had actually helped over 400 people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towtal Roadside Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Towtal Roadside Solutions Reviews by Location