Township of Langley Employee Reviews

Good place to work at, terrible place to work for
Worker (Current Employee) –  Operations5 September 2019
If you can kiss managements butt then the higher up you will get. If you come here to work that will get you nowhere. Lots of politics and drama . Human resources and management do not care about the workers. You are just a number.
Don't bother unless you're about to retire
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 August 2019
Pay is ok. benefits suck unless you mange to make it full time. management is Meh. They care 50% of the time. Good at blowing money, except on you and proper equipment, zero overtime. Lots of drama between employees. Either be quiet, be favourite or you'll be fired
Excellent employment opportunity for students
Recreation & Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 April 2019
The township works to be flexible with a student's ever-changing schedule. I enjoy the job, and I find it to be very fulfilling. I have recommended this employer to my friends.
super fun workplace
Skateboarding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 March 2019
The township of Langley is a super fun, and relaxed work environment. During my time at the township, i found all the employees/ management to be very kind and very much by the book. I recommend this place for anyone to work at!
Pros
fun work
Cons
very few regular hours
fun work place
Recreation Facility Attendant (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC6 November 2018
keeping the park clean, answering guest questions, telling people/guests when it is okay for them to go down the slides and how to properly go down the and all the rules of the park. management is nice with so many staff it is difficult for them to get scheduling done.
Take the good with the bad.
Township Employee (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC30 October 2018
Union is a little weak. Lots of different kinds of jobs available to transfer into but very little room to move up. Depending on department there can be a very large disconnect between management and union. To much emphasis placed on redundant paperwork and work orders. Good pay for someone starting up but not enough for a single person to buy a home anywhere close to the area.
That being said it is a good work environment with an emphasis on safety. The work is not incredibly strenuous, and you are guaranteed a steady paycheck. People are easy to get along with and there are a lot of outdoor enthusiasts.
Pros
Good work environment, safety oriented, decent wages, steady work
Cons
Weak union, micro-management, redundant paperwork, not much opportunity for advancement
Lots of opportunity here
Don't want to say (Current Employee) –  Township of Langley28 July 2018
Great place to work and some fantastic co-workers.

Langley has been growing and so lots of new jobs seem to be coming up at the Township of Langley. I started in a lower position and now supervise a lot of other staff. Most managers here are good mentors and willing to help you in your job. Wages are way better than back in Manitoba where I came from, but cost of living is higher too. Still with that factored in, the wages and job security outweigh higher gas, food and lodging. Still ahead here and the weather is great. Not sure where that other person who provided the unfavorable review about the Township worked, but it sounds as though he just didn't like the work he was doing.
Sexist, gossipy, negative attitudes among the worker bees and up
OMW (operations maintenance worker) (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 January 2018
Like other government entities, the T.O.L often enough hires "temporary employees" with the seeming promise of full time employment. Unless you have the right degree and the "right" people on your side (if they aren't favoring someone else they know for the position) you are simply just getting paid; but without benefits,stat pay or job security because it saves them money overall. I'm not going to get into my experiences, as the title literally explains that, not to be taken too lightly but only as a grain of salt, folks!
Pros
Good pay, decent hours
Cons
title
Bylaw Enforcement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 October 2014
Great place to work, promotes personal growth and wellbeing.
Fun and positive environment
Lifeguard/Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC3 June 2013
Responsible for the supervision, instruction and safety of swimming patrons. Skills include team work, adaptability, problem solving, organizational as well as the ability to interact with a broad range of people and cultures. Working under pressure in a public environment has taught me patience and the importance of being prepared. I have used my first aid skills on several occasions. Other responsibilities include janitorial duties, continued education and training.