Town of Shelburne

Town of Shelburne Employee Reviews

was great learning how the town does stuff
was great to learn things about the town eg would be the water system worked and I enjoyed the guys at the township and were good bunch of guys to work with.
Town Office Shelburne
A normal day at the Town Office included, fielding incoming telephone calls from town residents. Taking residential water, sewer and tax payments and entering them into the accounting program.
Answering emails and electronic inquiries. Booking town rentals such as (recreation rooms, fire halls and legions)

The co-workers at the Town Office were very friendly, knowledgeable and patient.

The hardest part of the job was keeping all the account numbers in the accounting program straight. Eventually it became easier.
Great Place and Nice People
I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 years at the Town of Shelburne. Being that it is a Municipal Government office, I had daily interaction with the residents and visitors, addressing any questions or concerns they may have had as well as taking and inputting tax and water payments. Like any other days there were good and bad (more good), I did interact with irate and upset customers, but remaining calm,sympathizing and giving them clear explanations pertaining to their concerns usually resulted in a positive outcome to the issue at hand.

It was a very small office in a municipality of 5800 people. We all worked very well together and everyone helped everyone else. None of us had the "its not my job" attitude at all, which can be quite common in some corporations we all worked together as a team. We all formed a friendship but also ensured that the professional aspect was maintained as well.

Management was good, and allowed us a good balance between work and family life.

Overall I very much enjoyed my tenure at the Town Of Shelburne.
Pros
daily interaction with the residents, good balance with family life
Cons
irate residents