Town of Richmond Hill Employee Reviews

Part time experience
Summer camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 November 2018
Management was well , Timings for shifts was flexible , Staff was friendly and nice. Location was okay , Not that many shifts are given. Customer service was very good.
Awesome Place
Special Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 June 2018
It is a great place to work, the organizational culture is unlike anything else I have ever experienced. Felt really good to work outdoors and help members of the public!
Amazing Job
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 April 2018
As a grass cutter I enjoyed my time here. It is a great student position with many benefits. I loved my crew each year that I worked here and would recommend this position to anyone
They were okay
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 March 2018
Laid back environment with something different to do everyday. Always a challenge and keeps one on their toes throughout the workday. Hardest part is staying coordinated in the madness.
Fun place to work
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 January 2018
Great place to work if you are full time. Great location. Free Parking. Neat building to work. Easy access to restaurants and shops. Great people to work with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
correct timings
great place to work
Head of PMO and Project Delivery (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 January 2018
I do enjoy working at Town of Richmond Hill, great people, love the environment and the culture. Management are very helpful and always their to help...
Cons
not enough learning opportunities and growth
No Room for Advancement - Even if you have strong skills
Skate/ Hockey Instructor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 January 2018
Worked here,, and still do, for 7+ years. Was made supervisor on weekends and often given major responsibilities including training of new employees both on and off ice, and supervising sessions as the head on ice instructor. I successfully helped make the skating and hockey program grow exponentially in a very short period of time.

When opportunities arose for advancement that I was easily qualified for I was never even granted an interview let alone an offer. With a spotless track record and raving positive reviews from the customers, and parents of children I taught I was never given any chances to move up.

As Outside hires with less experience and understanding of the program came in as my superiors the program began to suffer. Both due to lack of interests by my supervisors and customer relations. Although I continued to have return patrons taking my classes the standards of other new instructors and subpar training on the behalf of my supervisors led to a steady decline in our popularity of programs.

Although I loved this job, the Town of Richmond Hill does not appreciate nor take note of its talented and dedicated staff. While offering little opportunity for growth.
Pros
Pay was above minimum wage
Cons
Poor leadership from supervisors, hired immature / unreliable staff, terrible training by new supervisors, no consequences for poor work, no guidance, poor organization
Lifeguard/swim instructor
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill14 January 2018
The environment overall was great. It is fun and social and yet everything is still very organized. I met some of my best friends at this job, got great experience, and made good pay
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 December 2017
Productive and fun workplace with good hours & great advancement opportunities. Everyone smiles. Lots of pizza and drinks. Good people overall, comfortable setting.
Pros
Communal
Great place to work.
Seasonal labourer/operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 August 2017
Good wages
Summer hours are good and have various shifts
Winter work is steady,but at times overbearing. As some winter maintainence call ins are not needed
Excellent work environment
Parks Labourer (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 August 2017
I enjoyed working in an outdoor environment with other people. Workplace culture is very energetic and fun. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat as it can be very draining.
Don't work as a lifeguard
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON8 July 2017
Management is extremely disrespectful, condescending and sexist.
Swim instructors are treated very poorly both by management and student parents.

Underpaid.

Work elsewhere.
Fun and welcoming work experience
Summer Camp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 June 2017
A typical day involves working with campers doing crafts, playing games, baking, etc. I learned how to effectively manage time, multi-task, and make day plans for children. The hardest part of the job is the lengthy amount of training. Everything about the job is enjoyable, the kids make everything worthwhile.
Pros
Awesome children
Cons
Long Days
good starting job for students
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 March 2017
Great environment the longer you work here the more people want to get rid of you because of your high pay, it rotates new people into the job as they are paid less.
Fun workplace if you enjoy children
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 February 2017
Working with children is quite fun, staff aren't always pleasant, but the CEO knows what they're doing, and are always aware of the children's safety, would recommend!
fun work place
Arena Attendant (Former Employee) –  tom Graham13 February 2017
- i learned lot of ways to connect with the community
- i learned how to drive a zamboni
- i learned people skills dealing with all different ages
- i loved it
Hard working, fun, motivated people working to help the community
City Worker- Parks Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 December 2016
Working for the town of Richmond Hill has been an incredible experience. All workers, regardless of their rank, consistently get along and friendships are forged along the way. The work can be physically demanding, but having so many people to enjoy the day with makes that okay.
Aquatic Instructor & Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 November 2016
Dealing with children and parents can be a bit overwhelming but once you find a rhythm it can be very beneficial to continue with the job. Had some trouble student but overall the experience of working with kids is amazing.
very poor management decisions in past several years. Distinct lines of pyramid authority with no crossing of lines, communication allowed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Head Office4 November 2016
Good pay and benefits for full time employees. Numerous terminations by Management of full time staff
over past several years. Termination agreement's don't allow for any detailed disclosure of the hidden
secret Management operations over the years withheld from the public.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Can't trust anyone
Fun
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  1300 Elgin Mills Road East22 September 2016
Great Place to work. Good people. Fun atmosphere. Fair Wages. Great Benefits. Staff are easy to get along with. Secure place to work. Patrons are kind and accomadating.