Town of Okotoks logo
Town of Okotoks

Town of Okotoks Employee Reviews

Super fun summer!

I was able to meet lots of people and had lots of fun outside all summer! The kids kept you super busy and the camps were lots of fun, each day we were playing outside and each week we were able to swim and play!

cleaning or recycling

so for cleaning, if there are any offices to clean I would make sure no food is left on the desk same with beverages and for recycling I have experience in organizing and sorting

Do not value staff

Innovation, collaboration and efficient means of accomplishing tasks are not valued at the Town of Okotoks. They have poor OH and S that has put several staff members at risk.

Would not recommend working here

There is a lot of effort  put into spreading accountability and work life balance. There is no straight talk managers do as they please and are not held accountable. If you are not part of the friends circle or if you have a opinion this is not the place for you. They will fire anyone for any reason that they please. Very unprofessional and some manager do not have the schooling to be in their roles. HR is a disaster, talking to coworkers or having friends is not in the picture or working as a team. Salary is good, so is work life balance but be careful with your role as everyone walks on egg shells here.

Good overall place to work

Job is diverse with many opportunity for new experiences. Good fixed hours. Scheduling conflicts do occur though. Job is usually only seasonal but good for students.

Good pay - No long term viability

Worked with a lot of really nice people. Management is very poor and/or lacking in many business units. Not a lot of opportunities for training, and room for advancement is close to nil. Some of my immediate co-workers were very rude and unprofessional, to both staff and clients. Be careful which department(s) you apply to

Difficult place to have a happy work life

Staffing issues from day one. All the office staff were going to mediation! Its been many years since I have left but I hope that some of those women have moved on to somewhere else!

Opportunity to learn

Good work environment with many opportunities to work your way up. I learned how to deal with the public on a regular basis and to report findings on properties.

good

This was not a bad experience although i would have liked something that was more geared to my personal interests. i enjoyed being in the outdoors and enjoyed the friendly people.

Pros

outdoors

Cons

ugly orange shirts

The guys are great to work with.

But management are cheats and liars. If your not part of there inner group you will be gone asap. I was there for 7 months and was let go for reason (not a good fit)

Jobs at Town of Okotoks