TOWN OF OAKVILLE logo

TOWN OF OAKVILLE Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Average summer job

A summer job for university and college students. It was fine to work there, however, there were no real benefits unless it rained A LOT in which case you might be sent home.

Pros

worked outside, pet lots of dogs, learned how to drive a truck with a water trailer, learned how to get water from a fire hydrant

Cons

no benefits, no advancement in company

Great

Great summer job for a university student. Paid well enough to survive at school and doesn't overwork you leaving you with a good summer. Not very hard work.

wonderful place to work

very accommodating, great benefits, lots of opportunities for advancement, good equipment, great staff, willing to train for lots of different paths within forestry

Terrible work environment - Aquatics

Work environment sucks. The higher-ups generally dump all the blame on you for any issues, and you're pretty much stuck doing the majority of work while they and anyone they're friends with do absolutely nothing. Unless you suck up a lot you'll never see advancement or a decent work environment, and even then advancement is unlikely. Work hours seem/are advertised as flexible but in reality tend to not be.

Pros

Semi-flexible hours

Cons

Terrible management, unsafe work environment, no benefits, low wage as Oakville guards aren't unionized

Good Management and flexible hours.

Town of Oakville is a great place to work. They provide employees with up to date practice measures. The hours are flexible and vacation time is a great benefit seeing as the vacation hours are just like teachers.

Pros

flexible hours and locations

Cons

nothing

Great place to work for a summer!

I worked here for a few years while in university. All around a great summer job! People were great, pay was good, and you got weekends off which is always a bonus.

Organized and reasonable supervisors.

It was everything you can expect from working for the Town. Everything was by the book and my supervisors were very reasonable about time off and supplies needed.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not many hours

Great working environment

The Town of Oakville is an outstanding employer; I was fortunate enough to work at the satellite location - Central Operations, Roads and Work Department. The staff was exceptional to work with and for, with no exception of the Crew supervisors and the crews themselves. Our administrative team consisted of the Roads and Works, Parks and Forestry Departments, along with the Traffic Department. Our group of administrative clerks worked well together and supported each other. The salary was exceptional as well; being the public sector, you must appreciate the recognition of good employees and they are compensated favourable. I would have hoped to have acquired long term employment with the Town of Oakville, but unfortunately my position was a contract position; however, my contract was extended twice because my supervisor believed in me and I was a valued employee.

Pros

Various activities held at Central Operations where participation was encouraged

Cons

None that I encountered

Oakville transit

New building with old school out of touch managers. Average pay decent benefits would be great if they were able to clean up the managerial mess they have. They have a god mentality and think they can treat there subordinates bad. Close but most likely years away from becoming a top notch employer when the upper management finally gets fired or retires.

Pros

new building

Cons

shift work, weekends below average pay

Easy going environment

Quite possibly one of the most enjoyable jobs out there. Decent pay for no education needed. Friendly staff and management.

Pros

easy, flexible scheduling, interesting

Cons

short shifts/split shifts, rude customers

Jobs at TOWN OF OAKVILLE