TOWN OF OAKVILLE Employee Reviews

Good part time job but nothing more
Call Centre Citizen Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 April 2018
Typical day consists of taking inbound customer service calls from residents requesting municipal services and providing front desk services.

Okay place to work but nothing special. You get no benefits and hours vary but the pay is great!,As long as you get enough hours! Management is okay for the most part. Worst part of the job is not having much room to grow or move around. Very small municipality with a slim chance of ever becoming permanent unless you sacrafice years of service. Most coworkers are fine to deal with but it's a very small team and training is just horrible and you will suffer just trying to stay awake through it all.

My advice is if you are okay with minimal to varying hours, this is a decent place to be but if you are looking for more than that you won't find it here.
Pros
Pay & hours
Cons
No benefits, no guarantee of hours, no advancement/growth, not permanent, poor training.
fun work environment
Turf Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 April 2018
Great summer job
Good to students who are in school
• Lawn maintenance throughout the town of Oakville
• Preform to citizens satisfaction
• Hard working, and self motivated to get the job done as soon as possible & to best ability
Very fun work place
Scorekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 March 2018
I enjoyed going to work everyday, the people there were welcoming and I felt accepted. Overall I had a great experience and I enjoyed getting to score keep my favourite sport and talk to the players.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Cold Rink
Good Management and flexible hours.
Town of oakville (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 February 2018
Town of Oakville is a great place to work.
They provide employees with up to date practice measures.
The hours are flexible and vacation time is a great benefit seeing as the vacation hours are just like teachers.
Pros
flexible hours and locations
Cons
nothing
Good introductory job in the aquatics department
Deck Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 January 2018
Work is very manageable, with lots of training throughout your work life. The staff members you work with are very good at what they do, and provide a good environment for you to grow and develop. However, management is a little weak in some areas, and more organization is needed. It is also difficult to get days off when sick.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 January 2018
Small town feel big town atmosphere
you have the opportunity to get to know all employees working for the tow of Oakville great place to work.
Would work there again in an instant. Loved it
Great work environment
Parks and Open Space -Sports Fields (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 December 2017
Great work environment
Learning new stuff everyday
Great employees who are motivated
Mostly University students
Working in the rain
Interacting with the public
Fun workplace
Summer Student, Turf Department (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 November 2017
Fun working with other students of my similar age. Regular hours through the week. Sick days were easily covered and allowed. Training was easy and allowed for all types of learning
Town of Oakville
Camp Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 October 2017
Most amazing people to work with. Had every single one of my needs met. Never felt like a job and was always a great, fun environment. I loved all my bosses and co workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no cons
Great place to work for a summer!
Parks and Recreation Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 October 2017
I worked here for a few years while in university. All around a great summer job! People were great, pay was good, and you got weekends off which is always a bonus.
Great job and organization to work for
Spare Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2017
I enjoy the way you can work independently. Enough supervision to keep you honest. Being outside is a bonus but in bad weather it can be taxing. Over all it's a great place to work and the co workers are amazing. The management is even better and support the workers in all situations if reasonable.
Easy, fun and Reliable
Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 July 2017
Working in the Snack Bar at the Town of Oakville was an easy job that provides opportunities for young workers to improve customer service skills. I would recommend to high school students.
Worked for a short period of time but I enjoyed it.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 July 2017
Was only a temp for the end of the summer. Very good people that I worked with that made it fun. Made it to work by 7am, packed up truck with required gear for that day such as gas, lawn mower and lawn trimmers. Left compound at 8 and went around Oakville cutting the lawns of Parks and Open Areas.
Pros
Shift goes by fast, Good people, Outdoors, Team enviroment
Cons
Hard to get hired on full-time
Organized and reasonable supervisors.
Assistant Acting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 June 2017
It was everything you can expect from working for the Town. Everything was by the book and my supervisors were very reasonable about time off and supplies needed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not many hours
Good people to work with
Aquatic Instructor and Life Guard and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 May 2017
I was a fun job but hard to get a lot of hours as a university student. There are many different locations to work at and you normally get a place close to home.
Pros
felx able hours
Cons
not a lot of hours given
Excellent work environment
n/a (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2017
Training was excellent as well as Managers and co-workers.
It is a great place to work and to learn. Going the extra mille is the best you can do for a great Customer Service experience.
Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sixteen mile sports complex9 March 2017
My experience at the town of Oakville was a pleasent one and I think highly of all coworkers.
It is a friendly, place of work with lots of opportunity for advancement.

Wages are fair and regular wage increase was always part of the deal.

Work here if possible
Fun place to work
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 February 2017
The overall culture is nice, you have to be very physical with your work and willing to get sweaty. The residents of Oakville love to complain to you so ensure you can remain calm as they will ask some outrageous things.
Good summer job
Program Leader and Special Needs Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 February 2017
The best part about the job is the relationships you build with your co workers and managers. I learned a lot about myself during my three summers and I loved how easy it was to re apply in the next year.
It's a pretty great place to work
Rock Climbing Instructor (Current Employee) –  QEPCC24 March 2016
Very accommodating, awesome supervisors, great job all around. There are many opportunities to work in other divisions of the town. Scheduling is very flexible which is great if you are in school.