TOWN OF OAKVILLE Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there, Progressive change environment
Consultant- Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 March 2019
Enjoyed working there, progressive change environment always striving to improve processes, interface with residents, worth the drive from Port Dover, enjoyed work from home options
Pros
OMERS Pension
Cons
Long Drive to get there
Amazing Work Experience
Play leader (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 February 2019
I have been an employee with the Town of Oakville for several years now. the company morale has been amazing, the staff has been wonderful to work with. Rec assistants and HUB coordinators have been very informative and helpful. I'd highly recommend anyone to work here. I hope in the future I have the opportunity to stay with the town.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Supportive, Informative, Understanding
Library Aide Glen Abbey Library (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 January 2019
Great place to work and a safe place to work. Co-workers are great and everyone works together to help out. Management is very good and they work together with you.
Terrible work environment - Aquatics
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  White Oaks/Centennial/Wedgewood/Lions31 December 2018
Work environment sucks. The higher-ups generally dump all the blame on you for any issues, and you're pretty much stuck doing the majority of work while they and anyone they're friends with do absolutely nothing. Unless you suck up a lot you'll never see advancement or a decent work environment, and even then advancement is unlikely. Work hours seem/are advertised as flexible but in reality tend to not be.
Pros
Semi-flexible hours
Cons
Terrible management, unsafe work environment, no benefits, low wage as Oakville guards aren't unionized
Fun place to work with a great staff
Assistant Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 December 2018
I learned a lot about working with kids and encouraging them to take on leadership roles in a group setting, while simultaneously being able to spend a part of my summer in great company myself.
fun place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 October 2018
worked early in the morning and was not getting paid much but the work was fun and hard.
solid mix to really feel like you are making a difference but never worked you too hard
Pros
job security
Cons
weather
Strong, productive, helpful workplace, but minimal.
VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 April 2018
Working as a volunteer for the Town of Oavkille was a fun, enlightening experience. The people were great but as volunteers, we had no place to relax. There was no "volunteer office," and, as a result, we just had to stand around and wait for instruction. However, once we were given an instructor to help, they were great people to work with, and they let you know how to help in the best way possible. Consistently able to get my hours when I asked, and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Swimming practice, easy to collect hours, great people.
Cons
No place to stay as the volunteers, office mainly for full-time instructors.
Good part time job but nothing more
Call Centre Citizen Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 April 2018
Typical day consists of taking inbound customer service calls from residents requesting municipal services and providing front desk services.

Okay place to work but nothing special. You get no benefits and hours vary but the pay is great!,As long as you get enough hours! Management is okay for the most part. Worst part of the job is not having much room to grow or move around. Very small municipality with a slim chance of ever becoming permanent unless you sacrafice years of service. Most coworkers are fine to deal with but it's a very small team and training is just horrible and you will suffer just trying to stay awake through it all.

My advice is if you are okay with minimal to varying hours, this is a decent place to be but if you are looking for more than that you won't find it here.
Pros
Pay & hours
Cons
No benefits, no guarantee of hours, no advancement/growth, not permanent, poor training.
fun work environment
Turf Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 April 2018
Great summer job
Good to students who are in school
• Lawn maintenance throughout the town of Oakville
• Preform to citizens satisfaction
• Hard working, and self motivated to get the job done as soon as possible & to best ability
Very fun work place
Scorekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 March 2018
I enjoyed going to work everyday, the people there were welcoming and I felt accepted. Overall I had a great experience and I enjoyed getting to score keep my favourite sport and talk to the players.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Cold Rink

Want to know more about TOWN OF OAKVILLE?

Ask a question
Good Management and flexible hours.
Town of oakville (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 February 2018
Town of Oakville is a great place to work.
They provide employees with up to date practice measures.
The hours are flexible and vacation time is a great benefit seeing as the vacation hours are just like teachers.
Pros
flexible hours and locations
Cons
nothing
Good introductory job in the aquatics department
Deck Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 January 2018
Work is very manageable, with lots of training throughout your work life. The staff members you work with are very good at what they do, and provide a good environment for you to grow and develop. However, management is a little weak in some areas, and more organization is needed. It is also difficult to get days off when sick.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 January 2018
Small town feel big town atmosphere
you have the opportunity to get to know all employees working for the tow of Oakville great place to work.
Would work there again in an instant. Loved it
Great work environment
Parks and Open Space -Sports Fields (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 December 2017
Great work environment
Learning new stuff everyday
Great employees who are motivated
Mostly University students
Working in the rain
Interacting with the public
Fun workplace
Summer Student, Turf Department (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 November 2017
Fun working with other students of my similar age. Regular hours through the week. Sick days were easily covered and allowed. Training was easy and allowed for all types of learning
Town of Oakville
Camp Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 October 2017
Most amazing people to work with. Had every single one of my needs met. Never felt like a job and was always a great, fun environment. I loved all my bosses and co workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no cons
Great place to work for a summer!
Parks and Recreation Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 October 2017
I worked here for a few years while in university. All around a great summer job! People were great, pay was good, and you got weekends off which is always a bonus.
Great job and organization to work for
Spare Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2017
I enjoy the way you can work independently. Enough supervision to keep you honest. Being outside is a bonus but in bad weather it can be taxing. Over all it's a great place to work and the co workers are amazing. The management is even better and support the workers in all situations if reasonable.
Easy, fun and Reliable
Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 July 2017
Working in the Snack Bar at the Town of Oakville was an easy job that provides opportunities for young workers to improve customer service skills. I would recommend to high school students.
Worked for a short period of time but I enjoyed it.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 July 2017
Was only a temp for the end of the summer. Very good people that I worked with that made it fun. Made it to work by 7am, packed up truck with required gear for that day such as gas, lawn mower and lawn trimmers. Left compound at 8 and went around Oakville cutting the lawns of Parks and Open Areas.
Pros
Shift goes by fast, Good people, Outdoors, Team enviroment
Cons
Hard to get hired on full-time