Town Of Newmarket Employee Reviews

Productive work and great people to work with.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 September 2017
Great place to work at, filled with excitement of going to work everyday. Daily day at work involved keeping supervision of the gym when there are programs going on, ensuring safety and fun.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
short hours
Teenage Environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 August 2017
Many employees are teenagers, so the environment can be challenging if you're not used to it. Other than that, the management is superb, many HIGs are friendly and down to earth. Upper management is understanding and approachable.
good environment
Building Inspector (Current Employee) –  395 Mulock Dr18 August 2017
it's very exciting with lots of learning experience. good colleagues with good team working and supporting. there some challenges based for some projects which so far they all have been manageable.
Review of aquatics department
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 May 2017
Typical day at work could either be lifeguarding or teaching, depends on the shift. I learned how to be amazing with kids and manage my time wisely throughout the shift. Management was changed during my time there and it wasn't the greatest decision. Many diverse colleauges in the workplace, extremely friendly too. Hardest part of the job was dealing with unorganized management. Most enjoyable part of the job was teaching kids how to swim and seeing them succeed .
Pros
Great Wage
Cons
disorganized management
Could Not have asked for a better first job
Aquatics Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 April 2017
Personally i only have good things to say about my time with the Town of Newmarket Aquatic program. I've made lasting relationships with the community and the my superiors. For that I am extremely Thankful!
a lot of fun, got to work with kids and teach them something i enjoy
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 November 2016
I got to work with young kids, teaching them safety and how to skateboard. I also got to connect with other counselors and have fun, playing the arcade games and using the skate park. the hardest part of the job for me was getting out of my comfort zone and being loud and energetic, while I controlled a lot of young children. The most enjoyable part was how much fun I had and being able to see what it would be like if I was a teacher.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
no break
Excitingly different
Recreational Monitor (Former Employee) –  Monitor, AB4 May 2016
The main thing I loved about this job was that I was never in the same place with the same task. I was always moving around to different schools, setting up for different events.
Ok
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 August 2015
Drastically needs management improvement.
Job roles are often blurred.
Safe and effective working environment.
Work with young children to elderly on a daily basis.
Excellent summer position with great opportunity to grow
Camp Staff (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 September 2014
*Amazing place to work for the summer as a student
*Great support from management and other senior staff members
*Social atmosphere within and out of working environment
*Learned how to deal with tough situations and all different types of people
*Great leadership opportunities and ability to become a role model for younger children
Pros
Working with children and great staff members playing games and having fun in the summer
Cons
Challenging kids
Large Corporation
Casual Parks Worker (Former Employee) –  Harry Walker22 September 2014
During the course of two summers spent with the Town of Newmarket, I was able to experience and understand the inner workings of the municipality I lived in. As the Parks department is located in the same building as two other Town departments, I was able to meet and interact with a variety of individuals from all different ages, genders and career backgrounds. The Town provided many opportunities for other employment within the Town, and has great benefits if you can attain a full-time position, which very few exist. The job itself is mostly redundant, and the learning curve is not as challenging as I would prefer. Overall, a good experience within a great organization that makes a visible and immediate different in my community.
Productive and fun place
Small Engine Mechanic/Mechanic's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 July 2014
I enjoyed working for the Town of Newmarket, regretably they did not have the money in the budget to renew by contract.
Pros
Helpful Mechanics
Cons
Long Commute