TOWN OF NEW TECUMSETH Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
It's fine for shorter term employment
Park Patrol Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ON8 September 2017
Lots of seasonal contracts, seemingly difficult to advance with little assistance incentive to do so. The people are generally good to work with, but being a municipal government operation there are far too many different managers and council making decisions about things they aren't directly involved in.
Cons
Part time seasonal contracts
Easy Job, good money, poor management
Facility Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alliston ontario13 June 2015
if you do your work and don't say anything to anyone you'll be good...
I worked for the Parks and Recreation department for 5 years, i worked with a lot of great guys, and a hand full of not so great guys. The problem was that the not so great guys are the ones the boss loves the most, so if you back talk them at all you can bet your life is going to get a lot harder. Most jobs with the town are easy money and great benefits!
Pros
pay
Cons
bosses
This was a safe place to work and I really enjoyed the job experience.
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Beeton, ON17 November 2014
On a typical day at work I would be there around 10 minutes before 8am to meet with my co-workers and discuss the plans for the day. This job taught me how to interact with children and their parents and taught me how to interact with people when they were upset r angry with something that happened that day. My co-workers were very helpful in teaching me how to interact properly with people and deal with things that I have not had experience in. The hardest part of this job was experiencing the angry parents and learning what things to say to them to calm them down. The most enjoyable thing about this job was that I got to interact with different people all day for the duration of this job.
Pros
Interaction with people
Very enjoyable summer job :)
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON20 February 2014
This job keeps you young at heart, playing with children aged 4-13, having fun while getting paid. What more could you ask for?
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Tecumseth, ON5 July 2013
I've enjoyed my time here and was responsible for Clerical in the Roads Dept.that I've never done before. They gave me the opportunity to be shown and I proved to them that I was capable of doing it.
Pros
Great training opportunities
Cons
My contract has to end.