Town of Milton

Town of Milton Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Wonderful environment and wonderful people
Fast paced working environment. Great Team environment. Passionate and committed staff, who gives 100%. Small community feeling with lots of growing opportunities within.
Super stressfull
No trusted support to turn to.
No knowledgeable management remaining.

No real direction.

No one even knows what you're doing or what you're supposed to be doing.
Great hours, understanding management, fun work environment
The hours for the Town of Milton summer programs are great, good wage as well. Helped develop my interpersonal skills and the management is very understanding. Safety of the employees definitely comes first.
Great First Job
It was a great first job that allowed me to enjoy my summer with and inclusive and engaging staff.
Pros
Inclusive and engaging environment
Cons
Not many shifts
Excellent first job for High School students.
This job was my first and it was very fun. hours were not guaranteed and also hard to obtain. hours were given to those who were close with the supervisor and newer staff had very limited shifts. but the environment was amazing, staff was supportive and help was always given when asked for.
Great place to learn
Every shift was an interesting and busy one. The job helped me become more outgoing and better prepared to have a leadership role. Gives a lot of opportunities for success and advancement.
Pros
flexible hours
Good volunteer experience
Happy to volunteer there for a year, gave me good knowledge on how to work with children (daycare). After school program was run well by the supervisor and I felt comfortable in the environment.
Great place to work. Staff were good. Work/life balance was good. Could use some changes in communication. Plenty of opportunity for training and advancement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Communicaion
Best work environment
Very friendly work environment, the people are so caring and friendly, my first day there felt like I'd been working there for years. Perfect place for a first job.
Great Atmosphere
Working as a lifeguard, the staff and working atmosphere was ideal. Rarely saw upper management, but any problems that may have occurred were dealt with carefully and quickly.
Enjoy working here very much. Great work life balance, and work culture. Enjoy working in one of the fasting growing municipalities in Ontario. Would highly recommend.
Good workplace
The managers are very kind and supportive. The only issues I found is that like more work places there is lots of gossip and the scheduling can be inflexible.
Pros
Friendly managers and very good wages
Cons
inflexible hours
Great people
Town of milton was a great stepping stone with nothing but friendly people that work for them. Flexable hours/great wages. Management was very easy to work with.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Amazing place to work
The staff is extremely welcoming and caring. They try their best to make everyone feel as they belong which I like. They are always available to answer any questions or inquires you may have!
Pros
Weekends off
Great job
If you're a kid in Milton looking for your first summer job, and are up for a challenge then this is for you. It will be my fifth year working this job and I still have things to learn.
Great Team Learning Experience
Learned to cooperate with numerous people to complete assigned tasks and to maintain the roads at the town of Milton. Gives students a great chance to take responsibility at the workforce.
labour intensive job with the benefit of working outdoors.
Working at the Town of Milton is a great place to work, where you can learn new skills everyday, but its lacking in job security as I was a contract worker.
Enriching job working with kids
I typically worked an 8 hour day. I was excited to come in for work every day! I learned how to handle tough situations and I really learned how to work with people and apply what I learned working with kids who have disabilities to other situations as well. The hardest part of the job is when my charge would have an off day and it felt like it was my fault. But after a while you come to understand that you can being doing your best and your kids are still going to have ups and downs. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know so many different smiling faces. I loved my staff and honestly it was a great job!
Pros
Great staff, easy to talk to, potluck fridays
Cons
Long hours in the summer, exhausting work days, swimming everyday
Receptionist, Deputy Division Registrar, Secretary to the Town Clerk
- Receptionist, Multi Line Switchboard, Dealing with the Public
- Transcription of Reports, Letters and By-laws. Accepting Tender Documents

- Secretary to the Town Clerk and two By-law Enforcement Officers

- Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

- Cash Handling money from Licenses, Dog tags, Parking Tickets, Bus Passes.

- Preparation of Letters for Various Town Appointment Committees

- Worked with Public and Disable Transit, Issuing Bus Tickets

- Managed Crossing Guards, payroll and dealt with their related issues

- Organization and creating reports such as By-laws, Reports, Council Agendas, Transit Agenda for Meetings.

- Worked beside Halton Regional Polices regarding parking tickets, court dates.

- Preparing corporate records and information onto microfilm and retrieving information from the archives.

- Extensive use of Windows, MS Excel and Responsible for various offices Equipment.
Pros
Love dealing with the public
Great place to work with children and have fun
Great job for students who want to look for more experience working with children. Fun, energetic and great community to be a part of.
Excellent place to work
Excellent place to work, great management, wonderful co-workers and super positive environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town of Milton. Our community is ready to answer.
Town of Milton Reviews by Location