TOWN OF EAST GWILLIMBURY

TOWN OF EAST GWILLIMBURY Employee Reviews

good
payroll accountant (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON29 May 2019
it was nice place to work, but management was not clear. some employee paid vey good salary with less work load and get increased very often, some get paid less with overloaded work.
Pros
good holiday and pension plan
Cons
unfair
Great place to work.
Mount Albert (Current Employee) –  Mount Albert, ON20 April 2019
Easygoing and productive work environment with flexible hours and accommodating staff. I currently work twice a week and enjoy working my shifts. It is a lot of fun to work with the community because of the comfortable work environment and staff.
Fun, Organized work place
Summer Camp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON27 September 2018
All of the staff were very fun, energetic, and friendly. The workplace was a very organized and safe enviornment for both staff and Summer Camp Members.
Pros
friendly, fun, organized
Unorganized
instructor (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON14 March 2018
Children who attend programs and camps are great. Fitness instructors are great. Upper management is very unorganized in the parks and recreation branch.
Good people, good work
Parks Employee (Former Employee) –  Sharon, ON3 January 2015
A typical day of work would start at 7 am. My crew would get into our truck and drive to each of the parks we were assigned to work on and cut grass, as well as do any other small maintenance needed. On Friday we would do tractor maintenance in the morning, and then go collect garbage from the bins at our parks in the afternoon. On the odd day we would need to prepare a park for an event, so we would do things like moving picnic tables from one park to another, and the same with garbage bins.

While working there I learned to use a riding lawnmower, as well as how to do proper and scheduled maintenance on the mowers weekly.

The management there was excellent. The only thing I asked for when I was hired was a few days off in August and there was no problems with that.

My co-workers were great as well, there were no incidents where anyone got into a really heated argument, and there were really no problems between people as far as I could tell.

The hardest part of the job was probably the garbage part of Fridays, not even because of how heavy they could be, but because for that entire day you basically just had to accept the smell.

It would be hard to name one part of this job that was most enjoyable, because I really enjoyed most of the work.
Pros
Very good work environment, I felt welcome as soon as I got there.
Cons
On the rare occasion when we had a big problem, we might have had to stay a half hour late (but we were payed for it).
Great employer
Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Sharon, Ontario2 February 2012
I really enjoyed my position at the Town of East Gwilliumbury and working on a road crew was an enlightening experience and I learnt a lot. My goal is to be a heavy equipment operator and I have a natural ability to operate machinery.
Pros
working outside
Cons
heatwave