Town of Aurora

Town of Aurora Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
Great environment and lovely people. Worked for two weeks as a volunteer camp counsellor in training and look forward to working with them again. Would recommend for a fun summer job.
not recommended - gossip and not a collaborative environment, junior-level responsibilities, scattered work and not all management helpful for guidance/to answer questions
Pros
close to home
Cons
very laid back, junior level responsibilites, gossip
Overall working at the camp was a great experience that allowed for me to gain my volunteer hours needed to complete high school as well as an opportunity to work with children.
The people are this job are extremely kind. They are very inclusive. The way their system runs is well managed. Management Is very considerate of your opinions. Great work place!
This workplace had many problems when it came to shift covers. No one on the team wanted to cover shifts. The staff team often gossips about what happens at school seeing how many of the staff attend school together and they are often distracted on the deck instead of watching the patrons. Management did not accommodate post secondary students needs when it came to scheduling and they refused people work even when certifications were up to date. If they have no position for you, they offer spare staff which means you are on call for shifts and need to be there within 10-15 minutes. Not a fun workplace.
this job was a good experience for me because not only was i given the opportunity to better my people skills but i also learned some skills from this job such as; patience, problem solving and leadership
Pros
free lunch, great opportunity to meet people
Cons
long hours, little to no breaks
Supervised children in a camp setting where I would organize and lead activities throughout the day. I learned leadership and interactive skills throughout my time at the camps
- Early mornings
- Hard work

- fun enjoyable environment

-parks and rec department

- park maintenance such as cutting grass, trimming and picking up litter
Employee moral suffering in most departments. No clear organizational goals or employee engagement.Leadership team not cohesive resulting in silo behavior and disjointed efforts.
Really enjoyed my job. I would work with a variety of different children with exceptionalities. I would typically have to adapt the average camp day to my assigned camper that week. I made sure to make camp as fun and accommodating to the camper as I could.
clean and maintain the ice surface to a high quality level. therefore hockey and figure skating can be played on the ice with out the ice being and inhibiting factor. Well maintained ice is also safe and efficient.

clean all ice dressing rooms. also maintain pool water levels and water quality.
just outdoor keeping the towns parks in sad, good looking user friendly shape for ALL of the towns people.Managment is organized and encourages all employees to work together to keep the parks in top notch shape.
Pros
fun work
Cons
work attitude varies
Was a volunteer position so pay was not given, but was enjoyable enough and fun to go to. Woke up at 7:00 AM or earlier each day to start at 9:00 AM. Needed the extra time to get ready and walk to the school it was at. Learned how to be more responsible, patient, understanding, and more of a leader.
Pros
Having fun with the kids
Cons
Cold Management staff (the counsellors)
You create a family in this place. everyone welcomes you in with open arms, ready to help you out whenever you need it. great team to be working with.
Trains new staff well, you feel confident in the job you are assigned to do. You will get a great first time job experience. They don't expect too many hours/
Pros
fun environment, helpful supervisors, follow policies well
Cons
lower pay than other townships in the area
I enjoyed working for the Town of Aurora very much. It has a great work community and culture. The tasks they gave me were challenging and everyone was willing to help get jobs done.
Good organization to work for. Good people, good & friendly staff. Clean working environment. Flexible hours. Good benefits.
Many levels of government, which often made the procurement job difficult.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
management
The Town of Aurora - provided me with a great opportunity for different exposure to the HR Coordinator role.
The people were wonderful to work with. It was a very relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Very little flexibility for work life balance.
Camp councillor for the local camps. I was able to create long lasting relationships with the campers along with the staff through long and fun days at different camps.
Pros
Fun days
Cons
Fun workplace, although there are times where there is not a lot of work to be done, which gets boring. Very approachable management.
In general there are a lot of good specialists, good atmosphere. They provide required trainings. Nice building, comfortable work places, hours of work can be flexible.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
N/a