TOWN OF AJAX

TOWN OF AJAX Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
Fun fast paced environment
Great introduction to working with kids, and facilitation of programming. Focusing on healthy child development principals and an active healthy lifestyle for kids.
productive work environment
Productive work environment and respectful co-workers. I learned how exactly to deal with certain types of people that might be there in the workplace.
Good
Great staff and wonderful employers. It's a fun, friendly environment to work in; half the time it doesn't feel like work. You gain close friends that become family and you end up learning a great deal about yourself and other people.
Co-op Student Fun and Interactive
Co-op Student Fun and Interactive. I learned many skills to interact with co-workers in an office environment. Collaboration with engineers was a great introduction to the industry.
Great employer
Great employer, very fair, reliable communication, takes care of employees with interesting training, reasonable pay and hours. I'm a crossing guard, I don't have anything else to pad this with.
Volunteering with the Town of Ajax is a great way to earn volunteer experience!
The Town of Ajax provides students and their families with great opportunities to earn volunteer hours. The events are well advertised. You can find out about them in the community newspaper and on community notice boards. The best part about volunteering is that you feel really good about making a difference in your community. And it is also nice that Town provides snacks and refreshments for the volunteers!
Great People
Working here was very good and I learned a lot but the position was hard and it was physically demanding. I recommend it for people who like extremely flexible schedules.
Nepotistic Work Environment
Overall the town of Ajax is a fun place to work as the kids and parents are usually amazing. However, if you have hopes of moving up in the corporation, you can forget about that unless you're either best friends with, or dating a senior staff member. Opportunities for advancement are 100% more about who you know versus how well you perform your job. Not a good time.
No room for advancement. But the environment is amazing. Friendly staff to amazing supportive managers. Do not expect to move up the ladder as chances are rare.
Pros
Great pay work life balance
Cons
No growth
Excellent Pay and Environment
My time at Town of Ajax has been great, it is a great environment and a great place to grow! The staff and management here are very friendly and professional as well. In addition to excellent pay and benefits!
Excellent workplace with strong emphasis on customer service
The Town of Ajax emphasizes customer service and proper documentation at all times. Supervisors are consistent with expectations. Human resources provides a number of services accessible by part-time staff.
great workplace
I learned a lot of valuable skills while working for the town of ajax like:
-Repairing baseball diamonds

-Cutting baseball/soccer fields

-Dragging baseball diamonds

-Cleaning and taking out the garbage

-Preparing materials for repairs

-Get baseball diamonds game ready

-Washing machines

-Watering trees

-Mulching trees

-Removing bees nests
qq
Very fun. Great atmosphere. Good work. Very good experience. Enjoyed working for them, look forward to working with them again. Definitely recommend applying for a job with them.
Amazing!
The staff make sure all of the programs are running smoothly. The work environment is caring, welcoming, and energetic. Teamwork makes the dream work. Everyone is always so willing to help out.
Pros
everlasting memories
Cons
sometimes little attendance at programs
Amazing employer
Working here is a very rewarding job! It is such a fulfilling workplace and fantastic staff to work with and for. They provide great opportunities and training.
Volounteer work
i only volunteered with them but it was an amazing supportive experience where everyone was polite and nice, they always understood if you had to leave early and it was the best people i've ever volunteered for
Taught children the techniques of Ballet
I was polite, friendly and kind to all my students. This job enhanced my communication skills and helped me to become a determined and driven individual.
Great Environment
Great Manager.

Great work life balance. Flexible hours with work week.

Good work load for position. Would recommend job to others I know.

Worked on a team with great people
Productive and fulfilling
I was able to work with the town for 2 summers and easily had the best summers of my life. The people there are some of the best people you'll ever meet.
Pros
great hours, great pay
Cons
depending on your job, you sometimes work weekends
Amazing Opportunity
This job has offered me an amazing opportunity to gain skills in my preferred line of work. The atmosphere is great and everyone is very nice and professional.
Best job I ever had.
Amazing place to work. Great people, great work. Salary could be better, but everything else that comes with the job makes it all worth it...cant complain about anything.