Tower Solutions Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & Benefits
2.5Job Security & Advancement
Workplace that required a lot of self motivation and initiative to complete a variety of tasks ranging from engineering to marketing
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MN9 August 2015
At Tower Solutions I worked from home off of my laptop to assist the owners of the company with things they needed done. Most of the time this involved using Solidworks to create a CAD model of a part they needed made or creating drawings of existing parts to be sent to the manufacturer for production. Often I would have to take bills of materials or cost spreadsheets and use Microsoft Excel to manipulate the data in some way so that it could be viewed in a more logical way or so that other costs to the company could be kept track of. Sometimes I would even be asked to put together some powerpoint slides with images and data that could be used for marketing purposes.

The best part about working at Tower Solutions was the management. My two bosses were some very great reasonable people who treated me like a friend and not just an employee. I have a ton of respect for both of them. Another great perk was going to the manufacturing plant from time to time to see how all the parts were made.

This job was tough in the sense that it required a lot of self motivation and initiative because there is no one to keep tabs on you when you are at home. However, this taught me to work with intent and focus despite distractions all around. This job also taught me an incredible amount about how a business is run and how the three major aspects of a business (Engineering, Marketing and Manufacturing) are all intimately related. Tower Solutions also taught me to how to design a product correctly so that it was the cheapest to make and was easiest to manufacture, a very useful skill
  more... in engineering.  less
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
difficult work environment