Touchmark

Touchmark Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
I enjoyed visiting with the residents and having discussions of what it was like for them back in the time period of them growing up.
I got along well with my co-workers.
Official response from Touchmark
6 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are happy to hear about the aspects of your job that you enjoyed, and encourage you to call and share what could have been better if you so choose. We wish you all the best going forth.
Touchmark has a good work environment. Staffs are friendly. Most of the residents' family are cooperative and willing to assist in their families care. Residents are fun to be .
Official response from Touchmark
16 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying working for Touchmark and with your fellow teammates. We are lucky to have you!
i've worked here before so I am most familiar with some of the duties. I find touchmark one of the leading Assisted Living with Memory Care, Independent and Long Term care providing quality service to enhance the qualities of lives
Loved working here. Everyone was amazing. Management was great. Clients were lovely. Miss working there. Would go back in a heartbeat. Left due to schooling opportunities
Pros
Good pay union
Cons
Executive Director is 2 faced, I don't think she knows what she is doing but will hang anyone out to dry to save butt.
Fire people left right and center, management not honest from the states but so is the staff here.

Person in HR doesn't help any of us like what we had before, she always helped but they fired her probably because she was smart and helpful to us.
Pros
Residents are great
Cons
Poor management
employees just come and go.
they prioritize the resident of the seniors.

they pay attention to the needs of the resident and their family.............
It was really a good experience in working in the Long Term Care Units in the facility. I could learn many good things in patient care, especially on aged people.
The Management was excellent; very supportive and helpful. The workplace was awesome. Very neat, tidy and pleasant.

Though there were few occasions when I found it really hard to manage, by the help of co-workers and even from the management team, I could overcome successfully.
to work at touchmark is you will learn a lot. workers are multi-cultures but easy to get along with each other..there is oneness among them and they have this so called client centered care.
Pros
just free parking
Cons
could hardly extra hours
work is fun and easy. lots of time to spend with residents . no violence or aggression towards staff. friendly family members. great community and good place to work.
Pros
friendly, good managment, clean
Cons
not the best starting pay
worked as a cook worked with some good people. we basically were cooking for elderly people and it was a good feeling to see the satisfaction on their faces after their meal it meant we were doing it right.
Pros
Making people happy
Cons
unfriendly supevisor
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Touchmark?
in my opinion place is ran my a dictoratorship and if u are a cook there its one of the worse dishonest places I ever worked but nice older people I have met they just want some better food and better kithcne manager
Pros
good old people i met
Cons
dont trust the bosss she will hang u for everything u do s u are part of her clique
- Very rewarding job
- Management is all professional

- Co- workers makes you feel like a family and your ideas really counts

- timing but I get used to eat

- helping people in need and joining activisties
Working in Touchmark was really an encouraging one. I got a lot to learn regarding my profession. I got a lot of good experiences with both staves and with the clients. Working atmosphere was always pleasant. Whenever there were some sort of challenges or struggles I could face and could create a productive result which were cherished by many.
in a typical day i would serve food to the residents clean tables wash dishes put dishes away clean and mop the floor. i learned how to deal with a different type of customers every day. the management was great she lets do what was best for business and gave the worker the possibilities to learn from our mistakes, my co-workers were great the always showed up on time always ready to work and every worked as a team to make sure things were going smooth. the hardest part of the job would be when someone didn't show up for work and we had to worker fast which wasn't all the bad but sometimes there was to many customers to deal with but we always go the job done and did it very well leaving the residents happy. meeting new people every day we see new families and learned new ways of getting things done.
Pros
free food on some days, loved working with the people there they were great.
Cons
sometimes there weren't enough workers.
- I work 40 hours right now but soon to be part time
(70-74Hrs) evening shift, week days, every other

Weekend.

- I learned to use my critical thinking with regards to patient care and practice my knowledge and skills in nursing.

- The management always coordinate with their employees.

- We developed a family-like relationship with my co-workers.

- The hardest part of the job is when we are really short of staffs.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is to render service to the residents, resident's family, and the good relationships with staffs.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short staff