TouchBistro Employee Reviews

Good gateway to tech industry but get out fast
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario13 July 2018
When I joined TouchBistro it was very disorganized. For my role, there wasn't a training program or handbook to refer to for common tasks and procedures. Training was done the hard way. Essentially learning as much as you can on your own, shadowing people when they're available, asking help from co-workers who are too busy to respond, and learning from mistakes. Many critical things you’d expect a software company to figure out were dysfunctional. For example, customers didn’t have an account portal to manage their software subscription or even pay their bills! The company’s teams didn’t communicate well and operated in silos. For messaging, certain teams used Google Hangouts and others Slack, so messages sent to other departments would be missed because you sent it through the wrong platform. What’s funny is that when I mentioned this issue to the directors of different departments one said that the company was abandoning Slack and the other director after hearing this started laughing and said ‘We’re not giving that up!’ This is just one of many instances where the company’s internal systems and teams were not integrated so you can imagine how operational problems would pile up endlessly. When the executives would notice these issues and criticized upper managers, those managers would pass the blame onto subordinates which created a culture of deflecting responsibility and under-the-bus-throwing. Hopefully things have changed since I’ve been at TouchBistro, but from my experience I’d recommend not working there unless you have limited options.
Okay place to work depending on your department
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2018
If all you're looking for is a paycheck, do not work here. Consistently trying to engage staff to attend social gatherings outside of business hours. WLB easily disrupted
TouchBistro - Fast-Paced and Fun
Employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
TouchBistro is a fast paced and rapidly scaling company where you'll work with the most fun-loving individuals. You'll work with collaborative people who are passionate about hospitality to provide a valuable product to 12 000+ restaurants globally.
Pros
Great coworkers, $15 Ritual credit Fridays, Friday socials and more!
Cons
Not enough office space.. yet!
Fun workplace with emphasis on Social Abilities
Customer Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
TouchBistro is a great company! The product is phenomenal and I would always recommend it to restaurateurs. Unfortunately, in my department, there seems to be a focus on being social over how well you do at your job. Doing the job itself is rewarding as you are helping and consulting restaurateurs around the world. The difficulties are repetitive work, lack of advancement and a pay that is not quite competitive for the role. Management in other departments are amazing from what I can see and truly take an interest in their employees. The culture of our particular department lacks this and could benefit greatly from adopting some of the other Managers styles.
Pros
Free lunches every Friday and Beer cart Fridays
Cons
Non-competitive pay based and lack of recognition for your work
Good work enviroment
Software Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
TouchBistro has a great culture with a very collaborative work environment. The CEO is involved with the day to day and takes care in every decision made. I thoroughly enjoyed working here.
Great starting point
Customer Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
Good company, nice team to work with! They definitely care about their staff, although obviously favor the Sales team over everyone else and that is very noticeable. Will promise you that you can move up to other departments and encourage shadowing, however when you ask to shadow a team NOTHING will EVER come from that.
Pros
Beer Fridays, Dog Friendly Office, Free Snacks Wednesday
Cons
Moving Desks every 2 months.
Great product, growing pains
Software Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
Company's product is great however, a lot of growing pains with so many changes. Potential to make a lot of money but there isn't much growth for sales reps.
Pros
Free lunch Fridays
Cons
no work life balance