TouchBistro

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great place to work and grow

Was hired in a middle of the pandemic. Very short period of working with a great team who focuses on improving services and enjoying the work culture. All i wish is to join such a wonderful group of people again and grow with the company.

Good gateway to tech industry but get out fast

When I joined TouchBistro it was very disorganized. For my role, there wasn't a training program or handbook to refer to for common tasks and procedures. Training was done the hard way. Essentially learning as much as you can on your own, shadowing people when they're available, asking help from co-workers who are too busy to respond, and learning from mistakes. Many critical things you’d expect a software company to figure out were dysfunctional. For example, customers didn’t have an account portal to manage their software subscription or even pay their bills! The company’s teams didn’t communicate well and operated in silos. For messaging, certain teams used Google Hangouts and others Slack, so messages sent to other departments would be missed because you sent it through the wrong platform. What’s funny is that when I mentioned this issue to the directors of different departments one said that the company was abandoning Slack and the other director after hearing this started laughing and said ‘We’re not giving that up!’ This is just one of many instances where the company’s internal systems and teams were not integrated so you can imagine how operational problems would pile up endlessly. When the executives would notice these issues and criticized upper managers, those managers would pass the blame onto subordinates which created a culture of deflecting responsibility and under-the-bus-throwing. Hopefully things have changed since I’ve been at TouchBistro, but from my experience I’d recommend not working there unless you have limited options.

A company that rewards its employees!

Being part of a growing, local, successful tech company is great! There is a lot of freedom (but also responsibility) that is afforded to each employee at TouchBistro in terms of testing out initiatives and seeing what sticks. The most important thing is the company gives you the chance to express and grow your ideas and you really take ownership of your role. It is a company made up of individually-talented individuals who are very collaborative and always thinking of how their work impacts other stakeholders. As with any growing company, sometimes it is difficult to stay abreast what the other departments are up to, so it helps to be curious. From employee appreciation day, to Ritual Fridays to snack Wednesdays and Friday socials - we play hard but we also have fun! The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see how the seeds I plant in the company help move the needle forward. The hardest part of the job is that because we are hiring new people all the time, we are all "testing" our strategies, a lot of us for the first time so there's no measuring stick to use as a sounding board - but it's also very exciting and means you can carve out your own path!

Pros

Ritual Fridays, Snack Wednesdays, Benefits and $ for Professional Development

Okay place to work depending on your department

If all you're looking for is a paycheck, do not work here. Consistently trying to engage staff to attend social gatherings outside of business hours. WLB easily disrupted

TouchBistro - Fast-Paced and Fun

TouchBistro is a fast paced and rapidly scaling company where you'll work with the most fun-loving individuals. You'll work with collaborative people who are passionate about hospitality to provide a valuable product to 12 000+ restaurants globally.

Pros

Great coworkers, $15 Ritual credit Fridays, Friday socials and more!

Cons

Not enough office space.. yet!

Good work enviroment

TouchBistro has a great culture with a very collaborative work environment. The CEO is involved with the day to day and takes care in every decision made. I thoroughly enjoyed working here.

Great starting point

Good company, nice team to work with! They definitely care about their staff, although obviously favor the Sales team over everyone else and that is very noticeable. Will promise you that you can move up to other departments and encourage shadowing, however when you ask to shadow a team NOTHING will EVER come from that.

Pros

Beer Fridays, Dog Friendly Office, Free Snacks Wednesday

Cons

Moving Desks every 2 months.

interesting

was okay job. Not very much organization but the money was good. Left because it wasnt for me. I would recomend for younger students because it looks good on a resume

Fun workplace with emphasis on Social Abilities

TouchBistro is a great company! The product is phenomenal and I would always recommend it to restaurateurs. Unfortunately, in my department, there seems to be a focus on being social over how well you do at your job. Doing the job itself is rewarding as you are helping and consulting restaurateurs around the world. The difficulties are repetitive work, lack of advancement and a pay that is not quite competitive for the role. Management in other departments are amazing from what I can see and truly take an interest in their employees. The culture of our particular department lacks this and could benefit greatly from adopting some of the other Managers styles.

Pros

Free lunches every Friday and Beer cart Fridays

Cons

Non-competitive pay based and lack of recognition for your work

Great product, growing pains

Company's product is great however, a lot of growing pains with so many changes. Potential to make a lot of money but there isn't much growth for sales reps.

Pros

Free lunch Fridays

Cons

no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TouchBistro. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement