Total Tech Pools and Leisure

Total Tech Pools and Leisure Employee Reviews

Good workplace with opportunity to grow as employee and person

I cannot say enough good things about working for Total Tech Pools. I started in May of 2020 as a retail associate, and it was a little different for me based on my previous job. To be honest I struggled at the beginning because everything was very new to me not to mention we were in the first couple months of a worldwide pandemic. I will say the first weeks can be challenging but it teaches you a lot about life and yourself which I can only boil down to one main idea: work ethic. I have seen many people come through expecting to be able to do the bare minimum and be praised for it.In my time here I can relate that at sometimes it can feel like you’re walking on eggshells or that particular people are singling you out. I was on the hotseat for a while at least in my own mind but after taking the time and reflecting on my early days here at this company, I would say it was almost as if I was being pushed to see what I could truly bring to the table, both as an employee and a person.Over the months I have spent here my responsibilities increased as did my comfort level. I can honestly say that I love coming in every day, even though the hours can be long especially during opening and closing season. I previously had worked at a much larger company, and I found that people were there to work for themselves. Here at Total Tech, I take pride in the fact that we work for each other as a team, and everyone contributes.The workplace culture is like nothing I have ever seen. Everyone likes everyone and it’s almost like we’re all one big family. I have made lifelong friends at this -

Pros

Good Workplace Culture, Financial Benefits, Good Support System

Cons

Long Hours In Peak season

Work anywhere else but here

The work environment is really really really not good. Basically they will be nice to you at the start and after a while they start to yell at you over the smallest things and everything at that. Upper management is always upset about something and takes it out on select employees, even if you work hard and do great work as I did. The only good part of this job is the pay especially if you work overtime, but that means in peak time you will be working 11 hour days 5-6 days a week. Honestly, its not worth subjecting yourself to the work culture here, unless you are friends with upper management it is not a fun experience at all and you end up not wanting to even go in. That said, working in the field isn't as bad because the senior techs are awesome, but being in store and constantly having to walk on egg shells is not a good experience at all. Literally go work anywhere else and you will be much happier at work.

Pros

Pay

Great experience

I had an amazing experience working at Total Tech Pools. They helped me learn and grow and always showed me ways to improve my work ethic and productivity. I got opportunity to work in the field as well as the store and I got to learn more and more about the industry as well as how to work efficiently and to the best of my ability.

Pros

Culture, pay, opportunity

Cons

Lots of hours during busy seasons

Fun and fulfilling summer job experience

I began working at this company 3 years ago as a Service Technician. I mostly saw it as a one-off summer job while enrolled in university, not expecting to stick around after one season.Three years later as I complete my final year in uni, I can look back and say what a great experience working here has been. You get to do fun physical work, engage in constant problem-solving, and bond with coworkers as you encounter some very unique people and situations on a daily basis. I have learned so many neat skills thanks to this job, like using gas-powered machinery, how to jump a car, using tools... the list goes on.Management here is fair. If you put in the effort to do a good job, you will be rewarded. If you slack off and barely do what you were hired to do, don't expect any kind of special treatment. The workplace culture is a lot of fun, with yearly barbeques, dinner nights, summer and winter parties... etc. Definitely not what you get at a larger company, and I can honestly say that some of the most hilarious and fun memories I have are from working here, both at work and at company gatherings.The hardest part of this job is slugging it out during the unavoidable peak pool opening season. Both field and store workers should be prepared for especially long hours for a few weeks. The most enjoyable part of the job is bonding with coworkers over some of the unique and crazy experiences we have while going to pools all over the GTA.

Pros

Workplace culture, technical skills, room for advancement

Cons

Long hours, sometimes dirty job

Great team to work with

I have nothing but good things to say about this company, 6 years ago I worked at Total Tech Pools as a retail associate, the job was fast paced and always kept me busy which is something I wanted. It gave me the opportunity to learn different things about the industry and a base for a lot of positions I had after my summer at Total Tech. I came back this past summer when I saw a position advertised as assistant manager and jumped at the opportunity . Having worked at Total Tech before I knew it was the kind of job role I was more than willing to jump into, a company that actually allows you to grow with them and teaches you the skills you need to be successful within it. The position has helped me grow my management skills and allowed me to wear various hats doing different things within the company. I find Total Tech to be a very positive work environment, I truly enjoy coming to work everyday and that is something I have always looked for in a job. When you spend 10+ hours a day at work, it’s important to enjoy the people you work with and the work that you are doing and I can say that this job allows me both.

Perfect Position to Grow and Learn

The work environment makes you feel like you’re apart of the family, with many corporate events throughout the year. It brings the proper mix of laughter and hard work depending on the time. Days will be long but they seem to fly by. I started as a university student working in the summers and it was the perfect job to earn money. Not only did I earn enough to help me through school, I was able to practice essential skills in the business industry. I have also had the opportunity to meet key people in the industry and attend conventions within the industry.I’ve seen many employees come and go but the ones who come in ready to work and care about the company and its people are able to take a lot home from the job. There are multiple opportunities to take on larger tasks in the company and room to move up. Would highly recommend this job for students or hardworking individuals who want a job that will challenge them on a daily basis to learn or better their personal skills.

Pros

Positive Environment, Overtime, Room to Grow

Cons

Long Hours

Horrendous leadership

The owner is the most stuck up human being. He thinks the world owes him everything, and that all his employees should bow down to him. Terrible person. Completely avoid this company at all costs. Employee turnover rate is sky high. The people that work there are great. But probably won't last long. Go work literally anywhere else if possible.

Pros

Employees

Cons

Everything there. Especially the OWNER

Very weird company to work for

Started off great! Was hired as an assistant manager and shown the ropes. Hours were long but being offered overtime made up for it, there were a few disgruntled employees but at the time i assumed it was them not the company. Was shown the day by days and the manager left so I essentially filled in for both positions the best i could to help the president run the company and even was told i was the best hire he has had in 4 year or so and i thought to myself this may be somewhere to grow roots no? Well fast forward to we have gotten back from winter holiday and the manager is now working about part time while i am in full time trying to do the requested tasks that have been outlined. Even outlined was that it was to be updated monthly with what should be done for that month and had all upper management involved but i wont go into details; essentially i was told i did not take enough initiative while seeking out tasks in our off season which is understandable i was under the impression that if it was something that needed to get done or brought to my attention it would have been done so and it would be my responsibility after the fact but no they did not want to “micromanage” or so they said, and that i should lead by example to show coworkers where the bar is set.... having said all this it would seem i replaced the manager but without notice or promotion so i felt it was odd all of sudden the job two of us were doing now i was expected to do alone. What was even more odd was that they did not lead by example themselves and more times than not withheld information that would -

Pros

If the president likes you work will have its benefits

Cons

If the president doesnt like you work will be very stressful and you will be walking on glass

Owner is the WORST!

Store manager is fantastic. Nice guy, easy to deal with and communicate with. Owner is a different story. Yells at staff if you dont pick up the phone within a certain amount of time. Heaven FORBID you put them (customers) on hold and it beeps more than once....which you can't help especially if the customer has a question for the owner who is on another call! (Happens frequently) Prepared to get yelled at for that too. Owner was chummy with most of the guys working there but was a complete jerk towards women. He also had a couple young boys (age 14/15) working there during summer. Not an enjoyable experience. I would never recommend anyone work for this jerk unless you enjoy seasonal employment, getting yelled at for just about everything, running around like a chicken with your head cut off and the exhausting hours which, you wouldnt even get off on time most of the time! 745am to 630-8pm...depending on if he made you do something before your shift ended.... Save yourself the hassle. You'd be better treated at McDonalds then this place.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, rude owner, never off on scheduled time, busy, no training!

Good pay, horrible place to work

Learned a lot about pool service and the industry in general, had some fun with co-workers. Hours are brutally long in April and May however overtime pay at that point is great. Management is terrible however, employee's are not treated very well and constantly harassed. I do not recommend it.

Pros

over time pay

Cons

harassment, extreme hours, constantly rushed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Tech Pools and Leisure. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement