Total Safety Employee Reviews

good company to work for, multiple branches
Safety Watch (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2017
I worked for the Edmonton and Fort McMurray location. The pay was great, but it was always last minute and long shifts, followed by no work. Hopefully they get busier in the future, I would definitely work for them again!
Pros
great pay
Cons
last minute work
Total Safety is a good place to work when the hours are there. it is an interesting job and you meet all kinds of people who are very knowledgeable
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 February 2017
Our day starts early and I have learned many different ways to detect a natural gas leak. The hardest part of our job is the long hours of standing and sometimes the terrible odors. For the most part it is an enjoyable job and the people are very friendly
Had great people to work with.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  north of Fort McMurray, Alberta2 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Total Safety, I felt like a member of the family. Total Safety took care of its workers.
Total Safety provided workers with flights and vehicles for out of town jobs. They kept in contact with the Client and workers.
Pros
They let me park my vehicle in their yard and drove me to the airport.
Cons
n/a
Great Employer
EMT/PCP (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 May 2016
Starting in 2012, I have always looked at Total Safety in a postive view. They treated every employee as an asset, spreading out work on an even playing field. Management has always been top notch, making sure all employees are up to par with their performances. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all walks of life every day.
Great Job
Air Technician/Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB31 March 2016
Job is great but due to the economy, work is very seldom. I am looking for something new, as I am going back to school soon to continue my education.
Good people in office
Dispatcher/ Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 November 2015
Has a great group of people working here. Head office is in Texas so there is no personal connections. Manager is young but eager. Overall it is great place to work. The local office has great people that are very much like a family.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no job security
Great staff and work environment
Corporate Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 November 2015
Great staff and work environment. Organization is mainly focused on oil and gas sector, which can be good or not so good if there is a major downturn in this sector.
Hazardous Materials Tech (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 July 2015
A great place to work, people are nice you get to work in a team and independentaly. Pay is a bit low however things are good here.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
ups and downs
safety
Air hand (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB12 March 2015
great people and learning as you go . working away was hard , co-workers were great . meeting new people was always nice and learning new things.
awful saty away from these guys
previous safety advisor (Former Employee) –  alberta, nisku7 October 2014
they hire contractors and bill them out at 1300 yet pay them 750. After 6 months they say they will give you a raise which they they backout on. Bad experience overall.
Pros
theyll hire anyone
Cons
they hire alot of dumb people, most unorganized company iv ever worked at
its a decent company to work for
Rescue Technician (Former Employee) –  alberta19 August 2014
theres things that need to be worked on but thats like any company you work for.
Management (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 June 2014
No Comment.......................................

Good company for growth

Some management is great

love working with the people
Pros
autonomy
Cons
some lack of cohesiveness