Total Credit Recovery Ltd Employee Reviews

No opertunities, no loyalty.
Collections Officer/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North York, ON28 January 2019
Very rare to see an employee be promoted unless multiple members of management just up and quit. No matter how long you work there, they do not review your performance and increase your pay accordingly. Many, many other collection agencies out there that you could make a better living at.
Pros
Some decent people work there.
Cons
Pay, advancement, management.
Brutal
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
The building is dirty.

Roaches all over. The 2nd floor was infested with bed bugs. They keep spraying but no improvements.

Our supervisor never collected a day in her life. Had no clue about laws etc etc.

Management is shady. I saw a manager grab an employee by the neck. Same employee was fired for going to HR for the incident.

Not a good place to work.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Unpaid lunch. Dirty building. Poor management
average working place
Team leader (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 December 2018
loved my job there gave 100 percent to my work and was good office environment great co-workers and management team . great workplace culture and i learned a lot as i went from skip tracer to collector while working there .was a very great place to work
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
less pay
great job and good people
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 November 2018
loved my job there gave 100 percent to my work and was good office environment great co-workers and management team . great workplace culture and i learned alot as i went from skip tracer to collector while working there .was a very great place to work
Big platform.
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2018
Good to work culture, management team is very helpful and happy to help at any point of time.
enjoyed working there with fun and cool working environment.
great work place
skip tracer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2018
a fun place to work great people working with you, always bonus running everyday, excellent supervisor, tight security, always free drinks and snacks, very good team work
Pros
paid lunches
Good Place to Work
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario3 August 2018
Recently started working here. If you really wanted to work, they will give you a chance to work. Office Environment at the workplace. Nice Management, keeping eye on every employee's work. Friendly Atmosphere. Sometimes get a little bored, especially when many people don't pick up your phone calls in a day.
Pros
I got job easily :-)
Cons
Haven't found yet
Too much work not enough pay
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
- employees who have been there for several years still get minimum wage
- not a lot of room for job advancement
- long hours and too many shifts
- needed to work on weekends; mandatory
Good Company
3rd party collector (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 October 2017
I had the privilege of working for Total credit recovery from 2015 to early 2017. This company gave me my first job in Canada, and allowed me to familiarize myself with Canadian credit and collections.
I gained a lot of knowledge concerning finances, loans, credit ratings and building a stable financial future.
 Training was excellent and never ending. The job can be stressful at times  but there was lots of support from my colleagues and management  who rolled up their sleeves  to get the job done . I was grateful for the opportunity  and only left  because I got a job in my field of study .  I never got an salary increase but I made pretty good commission and enjoyed the competitive environment.
I would recommend  this company to anyone  who wants to  gain knowledge in finances in a progressive company .Had a great opportunity to learn a lot outside of my field.
Pros
Great environment and commission/ bonus package
Cons
Salary increase are not based on tenure
Fantastic place to work with great opprtunities to make money
Senior Collector (Current Employee) –  North York, ON22 October 2017
Very good place to work with a professional management who understands you well and gives you ample opportunity to grow. I have been enjoying my work from day one.Work culture and overall atmosphere is highly professional and productive. Salaries are a bit low but great opportunites to make good commission.The only missing thing is that they do not have annual systemetic reviews and annual salary increments.
Productive company and all work no play
Compliance and Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
Hard core collection agency with task of collection on very difficult cases as some 2nd or third assignment for collection of debt from consumers. When people cry and break down, it is not easy to hear that.
Pros
location
Cons
long days
Na
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 April 2018
• With the excellent communication skills, convince customers who are in debt to pay back the money and help them to maintain their credit score.
• Educating customers with accurate information regarding credit bureau report and benefits of maintaining a good credit score.
• Skillfully negotiating with customers and helping them to resolve their financial problems and make arrangements for payments.
Ambiance agréable
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC20 July 2018
Ce poste m'a permis de bien cerner les besoins de mes clients, de percevoir leurs comptes en souffrance et de m'assurer des qualifications mensuelles requises.
Pros
flexibilité d'horaire
Cons
Salaire
Leave your heart at the door
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
A typical day at TCR starts with struggling to find a working computer to sit at, setting up the headset that the company made you pay for yourself, loading up the antique software and desperately trying to make the fluctuating average in order to be paid more than the slightly over minimum wage base rate.

The week long training course was adequate, offering mentoring and many different learning scenarios, the shadowing was long but necessary as with any customer service role there are thousands of different scenarios with no one-size-fits-all solution.

Half of the computers barely work, many of the computer monitors are still old CRT boxes, the washrooms repeatedly are down for maintenance, and they record every second of activity you are doing to report to you later.

There is almost no way to be promoted or get a raise, you merely a disposable object that will be pressured into "performing" with no incentives aside from an ever dangling chance of commission that is mathematically impossible to receive outside of specific working hours and taking other agent's credit. The upper management pressures middle management to pressure floor level management to squeeze the life and hours out of the workers as much as possible without providing anything in return.

You will need to work 6 days a week every other week. Some departments have 12 hour days on a rotating weekly schedule. In order to keep pay consistent you will be pressured with the "optional" extra hours. The dress code is also strictly pushed and they will find any reason to strip away statutory holiday pay.
  more...

TCR is always willing to hire, in it's favour, and with a massive turnaround rate there is barely any workplace culture as any conversation gets immediately stifled. If you are desperate,need an after school job, or want to learn about receivables and credit then apply right away.
Pros
Always Hiring, Plenty of Training
Cons
Everything Else
company stuck in its ways
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
while this can be a great starter job, the benefits provided are slim to none, that is if they could legally offer and do less for employees, they would. salaries do not match job expectations, employees have to pay for equipment (headsets) and medical/dental benefits. little to no room for growth within the company. preferential treatment toward those related or close to VPs and upper management, while regular employees and lower management are held to higher standards. pay does not reflect responsibilities and quite often lower management is left to bear the brunt of inadequate upper and middle management. work environment was often hostile as the pressures to perform with limited resources increased.
Pros
water fountains
Cons
perspective employees have to pay for background checks, no free parking, employees pay for benefits, equipment, no company complimentary concessions, no employee lounge .. too many others to list
Oppertunity to learn and develop
Data Analyst Supervisor, National Operations dept (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
TCR Ltd. has an excellent working environment and it is an outstanding place for a someone who is willing to learn. I learn everything about Credit collection software tools from there.
Pros
Flexible management
Cons
Licensing
Serious / fun work enviroment
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario2 November 2017
A typical day at Total Credit Recovery, is like all work places. An honest days work for an honest days pay. At first it can be a bit challenging, but over time it gets easier.
The comradery is great, in the department I am assigned to is family oriented. They find every and any reason to socialize.
Competitions were also introduce as a motivational tool, and this was very well received, even by the unfortunate ones, lol.
In the summer I see administration hang up their work tools and brave the weather and serve the employees lunch, sweating over barbeque grills. Forgive me if this is not something new, but I was in awe by this.
Management in the department I am assigned to is very approachable, things are not always done in a timely manner, and that is understandable.
There are adequate breaks, to align with the work hours.
Personally, the experience working there has improved certain areas in my work life that I never thought possible.
Pros
Training
Cons
Saturday shift
Great atmosphere and fun company to work at
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
I been working for almost 4 years. Great company to work at If you have no experience in call center. Training is 2 week period but is very helpful in understanding the basics before you get on the floor. Further training is provided on the floor starting with shadowing other agents. Management team provides immediate feedback and announces your accomplishments for motivation. Supervisors and managers are always they to lend a helping hand. Growth in the company is very possible if u work hard. I myself went from Team lead to now a compliance officer. Of course it is a fast pace and pressuring job, but comes with rewards. There are opportunities for extra money. Incentives for gift cards and prizes upto $700 cash if criteria are met and they are reasonable. Atmosphere is very friendly and very professional. It's been an on going postive experience for me and I would highly recommend
Pros
Gifts cards, free barbecues, cash prizes for top collectors
Cons
Nothing really
i enjoyed this job.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sheppard, ON8 February 2018
If I had the chance to work for any company again I would choose Total Credit Recovery. Job security is excellent. No one can enter job without proper recognition.
Solid Management Team
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
I have experienced both sides of the coin here.

Went from working a portfolio that held me back from seeing the light of success.

The height of my career here is when I was transferred to the TDCT team.

The manager on this team really invested a lot of time and energy into my development and performance.

He also went out of his way to help me with restructuring my personal life goals and work life goals.

Made a great positive influence and continues to encourage my motivation to perform.

He taught me how to earn commission.
Pros
flexible working terms, good commission
Cons
under performers get jealous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Total Credit Recovery Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.