Tory Burch

Tory Burch Management reviews

Canada19 reviews
Great place to work! The management was very understandable and helpful in terms of the training process. I learnt a lot about customer service, and product management.
All of my co-workers were great, however, high pressures (of meeting absurd targets) trickled down to lower management which made everyone stressed. In this current Canadian economy, there are not a lot of shoppers/ buyers and many people have lost their jobs. Corporate bosses (based in America) failed to understand just how bad the Canada economy is, just be aware of very high stressful targets.
The work environment here was toxic. Some of the sales specialists were unprofessional and one male manager was also accused by several female associates of harassment. I left as soon as I could.
Things got pretty messy above store level. Head office was not super organized and as such communication often went over people's heads. At store level though, the environment was good. The culture was accepting and staff got along well.
I've worked many retail jobs but this had to be the worst. I was told I was a sales associate yet I was support, they signed me up for a job I didn't even apply for and didn't give me a proper briefing of it. I badly injured my shoulder working there at the end of 2018 and it's still extremely painful and not better yet I was given no compensation or accommodation over it. Constant lifting and pulling, the morning shipments were insane with 100's of boxes of merchandise to unpack within 2 hours with barely anyone there to get it done (maybe 4-5 people). The back of the store was always constantly bombarded with new shipments and bags ALL over the ground to the point where there's no space to walk unless you're literally stepping on the purses. Not enough room in the back for the over stock of merchandise they keep ordering for some reason. Badly managed, almost every person who works there hates it and gossips about the management. Support associates did just as much as the sales did, if not more, yet we got paid significantly less. I often made sales myself yet I got paid much less. Spent the first week just constantly unpacking purses on purses til your hands are dry and bleeding and then you spend the rest of your time being the sales people's minions. I can't imagine anyone giving a single reason why this is a good place to work besides the good employee discount during December.
It is a busy place to work at, sometime you have to help few customer at the same time, which taught me how to work under pressure, how to be more efficient and be better at time management.
The company is probably good at US, but in Canada they do not appreciate the employees and the goals are crazy somentimes.
Do not expect to grow in this company, if you start at sale associate you will be sales associate til the end.

They can threaten your job if you do not make a miracle to achieve the goals.

Management is poor.
Pros
comission
Cons
poor management
Great incentives available for achieving sales goals, flexibility available for hours. Very busy location, especially on weekends. Kind and understanding management during my time there.
I didn’t enjoy working for the Yorkdale location.
The people were rude and there was little room for growth.

I feel like they could give new associates a chance, but don’t.

The way they treat seasonal associates was terrible. The staff there didn’t know how to work as a team. Just a team of superficial people. I did enjoy the discounts though.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Rude managers