Tory Burch

Tory Burch Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Fun workplace with lots of great experiences!
Great place to work! The management was very understandable and helpful in terms of the training process. I learnt a lot about customer service, and product management.
Fun workplace.
All of my co-workers were great, however, high pressures (of meeting absurd targets) trickled down to lower management which made everyone stressed. In this current Canadian economy, there are not a lot of shoppers/ buyers and many people have lost their jobs. Corporate bosses (based in America) failed to understand just how bad the Canada economy is, just be aware of very high stressful targets.
Worst experience as an employee
The work environment here was toxic. Some of the sales specialists were unprofessional and one male manager was also accused by several female associates of harassment. I left as soon as I could.
really enjoy the environment here
Everyone is very friendly and willing to help others all the time. Excellent teamwork and cooperation. Sometimes it will be very busy during sales time.
but everyone cooperates well together, so there is not too much competitive pressure. If you work hard to improve your performance, people will see that you are struggling, even if you fail to reach the target, it is ok, because it is good to have a positive attitude and take work seriously
Good culture at store level
Things got pretty messy above store level. Head office was not super organized and as such communication often went over people's heads. At store level though, the environment was good. The culture was accepting and staff got along well.
Really bad place to work
I've worked many retail jobs but this had to be the worst. I was told I was a sales associate yet I was support, they signed me up for a job I didn't even apply for and didn't give me a proper briefing of it. I badly injured my shoulder working there at the end of 2018 and it's still extremely painful and not better yet I was given no compensation or accommodation over it. Constant lifting and pulling, the morning shipments were insane with 100's of boxes of merchandise to unpack within 2 hours with barely anyone there to get it done (maybe 4-5 people). The back of the store was always constantly bombarded with new shipments and bags ALL over the ground to the point where there's no space to walk unless you're literally stepping on the purses. Not enough room in the back for the over stock of merchandise they keep ordering for some reason. Badly managed, almost every person who works there hates it and gossips about the management. Support associates did just as much as the sales did, if not more, yet we got paid significantly less. I often made sales myself yet I got paid much less. Spent the first week just constantly unpacking purses on purses til your hands are dry and bleeding and then you spend the rest of your time being the sales people's minions. I can't imagine anyone giving a single reason why this is a good place to work besides the good employee discount during December.
fast paste
It is a busy place to work at, sometime you have to help few customer at the same time, which taught me how to work under pressure, how to be more efficient and be better at time management.
Good company
The opening level price point for luxury goods. The most enjoyable part of the job was instilling confidence in clients, motivating and building team spirit. Building new client relations.
Pros
Strong Team
Cons
Non-Flexible hours
great staff
Great staff it was like a family there for me. Employee benefits and pay could use some revising and improvements. Long hours on your feet aggressive demanding customers high sales targets with no commission
Pros
discounts
Cons
polices
relaxed work environment
Relaxed but efficient work environment, friendly coworkers and reasonable hours. volunteering to give back to the community on occasion. Relatively low foot traffic on most days
Highly business driven, presentable, very hard working
I enjoyed my work experience at Tory Burch. I learnt a lot, how to be very organized within working in the stock room. I learnt how work with women. Thanks
Pros
High business frequency
Cons
Not many nice coworkers
A long way to go
The company is probably good at US, but in Canada they do not appreciate the employees and the goals are crazy somentimes.
Do not expect to grow in this company, if you start at sale associate you will be sales associate til the end.

They can threaten your job if you do not make a miracle to achieve the goals.

Management is poor.
Pros
comission
Cons
poor management
Flexible and Fun Workplace
Great incentives available for achieving sales goals, flexibility available for hours. Very busy location, especially on weekends. Kind and understanding management during my time there.
Fun Workplace
Job is really great. Everyone there was very helpful. The company usually bought lunch and snacks for the staff. All the managers were cool. They also give really good hours.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lots of standing
Bad work environment
I didn’t enjoy working for the Yorkdale location.
The people were rude and there was little room for growth.

I feel like they could give new associates a chance, but don’t.

The way they treat seasonal associates was terrible. The staff there didn’t know how to work as a team. Just a team of superficial people. I did enjoy the discounts though.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Rude managers
Very good environment
I enjoyed working at Tory Burch and gained much experience through it. thank you to the staff members who taught me the fundemtnal skills within retail sales.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
lack of hours
Product Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service is our number one priority. Able to change a customer to a regular consumer with our transformational experience. Ensuring their wants and needs are met.
A fun work environment - but little room for growth. I am looking to excel and develop my skills further without limitations.
A typical day at Tory starts with early morning floor changes- to initialize sell thru, new arrivals or markdowns of current collections. By creating more impactful displays of slower moving products, and using due diligence of what needs to be more highlighted on the sales floor or removed in accordance to store inventory levels.
My skills of personal decision making based on traffic, inventory and environment has allowed me to read our clients needs, wants and expectations. Giving me the initiative to deliver. One of the best aspects of my job is my team - they truly help to create a functioning, diverse and fun work place. I have had the privilege of working with District Visual Managers with store openings, store changes, and one on one mentoring. After three years at Tory they are still in the developing process of creating more structured and challenging roles for their Canadian stores - I am more interested in overseeing multiple stores inregards to visual changes, executions and presentations. I like being on the design and creative side of the table - picking and choosing the direction the collection will land in retail stores.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No room for growth or expansion
Productive, Fast Paced and Fun
Loved embracing the brand and giving transformational experiences to a customer that turns into a client. Very Fasted paced, lots of people to work with and great team efforts.