Torrid Employee Reviews

Rude and Unprofessional
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 June 2019
My team would make fun of customers behind their backs about their weight!! I was told I would only get hours if there's a shift nobody wants! Unfair management, this was my dream job and I felt unwelcome :(
Pros
Discount, that's it.
Cons
Difficult to advance, hard to get hours
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 May 2019
I enjoy working at Torrid because coming into work is like coming into a big family hangout. You get to know the regular customers and build a relationship.
Wonderful Work Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2019
Only worked there for a summer, but loved working there. Only wish I could have worked there longer. Discount for the store wasn't too shabby either, considering plus size clothing is expensive! Management was lovely, training was great. I really enjoyed working there aside from a few dramatic co-workers. Only had one negative experience with a customer and manager resolved it both with myself and with the customer.
Pros
Great staff, great work environment, good store discount
Cons
Not enough hours
No hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 March 2019
Torrid Oshawa have very fast turn over and now I see why. All of the employees aside for management and upper yrs basically work part time house I was lucky to work 5h a week. And when asked to increase my hours they said they had none to give. Mangment was friendly but it’s just not a job u can live off of
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Little hours
10/10 worst experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario1 March 2019
Probably the worst job I've ever had. The scheduling wasn't balanced, management was awful to employees and customers, HR allowed employees to be put in unsafe conditions/didn't look into harassment when reported by multiple people, the store was always understaffed during busy hours, and policies in place allowed room for wrong doing.
Pros
A tiny discount
Cons
Management, only getting 3.5hrs a week, having employees shamed infront of customers
Productive, with poor managment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 February 2019
busy
good hours
unreliable general staff
lots to do, always busy
good location
okay discount
assistant management was excellent and caring
lots of stock
had trouble with theft
bra sizing was difficlt
Pros
you get a break and there is a minimal discount
Cons
poor head managment
Sa
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 January 2019
Manager was very nice and generous. She had way too much on her plate and was running around with her head cut off there are no hours to give out and she left because I don’t think it was worth it for her so now we are stuck with a rude manager.

Good discount some customers are fun. A lot of work. Too much expected of you at time.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude assistant
Fun place to work. Very inclusive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2019
Working at Torrid was great, it was loads of fun, however, certain members of the management are inadequate and quite rude to various employees. Really ruined the mood, of what was otherwise a really good place to work, while working with her.
fun and organized
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 January 2019
working at torrid was a pleasure! The store was well organized, the staff and management were all friendly and the customers always pleasant. Torrid's philosophies and standards are some of the best out there. All in all, a great company to work for. most difficult part of the job is keeping the jean walls and tshirt tables organized!
Pros
great discount
Cons
really short shifts
Torrid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 October 2018
A typical day at torrid would be a 4 hour shift folding clothes helping customers and just trying to keep busy when the mall was slow and empty. learned how to fold clothes and give good customer service
Pros
40% off clothes
Cons
store manager was horrible
Heartbreaking experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2018
I used to be the biggest Torrid customer.. Well that's probably overstated but I was in love with the brand. I finally got my chance to prove to them what I could do! Yay . .. and I did.
Honestly, I still cry about it. I'm grateful to be with the company that values me now.
I understand now why great talent left and why there's very poor customer service and store.

This store and the others in my location, could be amazing. Micromanaging is definitely a flaw especially when stores are improving. I think what would benefit this company is taking the time to really explain operations . Doing corrective action, and not giving up on good talent. Because great talent can only be replaced for so long and then you tarnish your business. I really hope some of the policies and procedures are looked at so that people like me, not only stop becoming a beloved consumer, but also not influence others because we all know word of mouth is the best advertisement.
Pros
Clothes, discounts, working with people
Cons
Expected to fit 10 hours in an 8 hour day, without tools and resources
Amazing co-workers, limited hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2018
I have never worked in a place that had such incredible people. The majority of women I work with are amazing and kind and helpful. The employee discount is fantastic, and they sometimes offer free items or a bigger discount. Many customers leave happier than they came in, and that’s very rewarding. However, the hours are low - this is because stores are required to have a certain number of staff, which doesn’t necessarily make sense for the size of the store. And then when sales/conversion goals aren’t the staff’s hours get cut sometimes. So it’s overstaffing vs cut hours, it doesn’t add up to much. Most of the staff have multiple jobs, as 3-6 hours a week doesn’t cut it. Depending on district, you may also not have the opportunity to advance in the company. People stay for the discount and great environment though - you don’t find that in many places!
Pros
Great coworkers, great discount, very rewarding to make people feel good
Cons
Short hours, no advancement
good job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2018
its a really fun place to work, and the other employees are great for the most part. as with working with any store full of women, there are people that dont like you, but as to be expected. over all I enjoyed working there. the only thing I dont like is the fact that you can't work full time, and most shifts are only 3-4 hours long.
Pros
good staff, nice clothes, good discount
Cons
short hours
Great store
fashion sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
Honestly i enjoyed working there store manager is amazing the other employee however are snakey and the store gets over crowded they need a bigger location for the store
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
Nothing to say
I wish I could have stayed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2017
I loved working at torrid but getting 3-9 hours per week is not enough to live on. Overall i had great mangers and co-workers. I only had a problem with one co-worker there. I wish I could of stayed there
Pros
great discounts, great people
Cons
lack of hours
Fun and Inclusive place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2017
I loved every minute of working there and my coworkers were amazing! They really care about the customers and making them feel good is the top priority! I was a customer before working there and I will be a customer for life!
Pros
clothing discount, fun environment
Fun environment, great people , fantastic managers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2017
I've been at torrid a short time now I love it everyone is very nice and inviting the management is fantastic they are very understanding and truly want you to succeed
Pros
Fun people great discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Don't even think of it
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 June 2017
Upper management has ridiculous expectations on how much can be done with the minimum amount of hours. Customers are very attached and needy to employees.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 May 2017
Definitely was a great learning experience for me, loved my co workers and management
working as a sales associate was fun, and i loved interacting with the customers.
Pros
healthy work enviroment
Cons
not flexible with hours and schedule
Well managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 May 2017
Very fast paced
Very accommodating
Friendly atmosphere
Great management
Very organized
Does what ever it takes to make costumers happy and satisfied

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Torrid. Our community is ready to answer.