Torrid

Torrid Employee Reviews

Canada43 reviews
Fun Job
Amazing fashion! All the customers are really nice. Co workers were nice. 40% off torrid and hot topic was amazing! It was a really amazing job and fast paced but not crazy fast. 10/10 recommend if you love fashion. Would only work 3 hours per shift, hours were not good unless you have another job.
Pros
Amazing discount and awesome fashion
Cons
No Hours
Good job
I enjoy my job at torrid it is a very easy to work in environment. All the staff is amazing and works well as a team. Definitely with head office would suport in sending us better cleaning tools and such
Better As Years Go By
When I started at Torrid, despite it being a seasonal position, the manager was always so rude to me and my fellow associates. There were shifts that lasted almost 8 hours with no breaks being given, due to her negligence. It was quite a shame. However, I've heard talks that the company has gotten better and is a more friendly place to work.
Mental health destroyer
I used to love my job at Torrid. The customers are amazing and my coworkers are too - they have instilled a confidence in me I didn't know I could have. I love them.

However.

Things changed. Drastically. If you are unable to pick up shifts when someone is sick, your hours get cut. If you are sick and nobody can cover, or god forbid you're sick more than once, your hours get cut. If you do something wrong (which happens, because you do not get fully trained ever), your hours get cut. But they dont tell you theyre cutting your hours, or why, they just wait until you notice and you have to try to guess what you did wrong. The girls they like, however, can get away with murder and still maintain 15 hours a week, regardless of asking someone to take every single shift. I have worked 3 hours a week for the past 6 months. If you're on anyone's bad side, for real or imagined reasons, your hours disappear, and when you do work you are banished to the back of the store where you will get a dirty look from management if you so much as go to the front of the store to put something away. I'm great with customers but they dont care - if they dont like you, you're toast.

There is no chance for advancement within the company, as they do not promote within (to avoid "drama"). So if you want to work somewhere without any chance of ever getting ahead, Torrid is the place for you!

They pay slightly over minimum wage, which is alright. The discount is decent, and there is a possibility of the entire store earning a better one for a day. You sometimes get a free bra. If your mental health
 - more...
Fun workplace with real feeling of team work
This was a fun job, discount on clothing was nice, just ended up being too much time on public transportation the manager is friendly and helpful and still greets me as a friend when I shop there
Great product line, awesome customers
Fast paced environment, lot of merchandise to move
Learned a bunch about opening new stores.

Quality product line

Hard work keeping the store full of merchandise

Fantastic customers
I loved this location
I can only speak for my location but I loved working here. Retail is not for me but the staff and management are wonderful. I had a great time and miss these women! They make you feel so confident and happy with yourself. I definitely recommend any plus size women go into a Torrid at least once, you won't be disappointed.
Great work culture
Torrid Bramalea felt like a family unit . Great experience if you love working face to face. District manager was horrible . He created more issues oppose to creating positive solutions between the team.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly co workers
Learning experince.
While the company is great to work for, you need good management and support. A typical day at work can change on a dime, you never know what barrel you're looking down for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the associates.
Balzac location
I really enjoyed it the first 3 months.. the girls were nice. But once I started school in March and changed my availability (which didn’t effect the schedule because I only got closing shifts before school) it went down hill. Lots of favouritism. If you are not two faced and sassy.. you will not fit in. I got cut to 3 hours a week and then 3 hours every other week.. and then 3 hours in ONE MONTH. And they kept hiring new people.. in one store we had 25 staff members.
Hate it (windsor, on)
If I could give this store 0 stars, I would. The managers are so rude. This is the worse job Ive ever had. I used to love this store and shopping there was amazing. After I got a job there, it all went down hill. The torrid in Windsor, ON is so unorganized and out of order. The managers are very rude. They talk behind your back about how terrible you are and sometimes brings it up to the costumers. I dread going into work sometimes I cry before. I feel harassed, bullied, and humiliated at times. I feel like I cannot do anything right. The hours are terrible and exhausting because the managers/ key holders have you doing everything while they are in the backroom using their phones or eating. We, as sales associates are left on our owns at times with the responsibility of the fitting rooms, cashier, go backs, and stock.
Amazing Job, Poor Hours
I absolutely love my job at Torrid, it’s a family-like environment and I couldn’t praise the staff enough. Management is wonderful and willing to help you through your beginning months and shape you into the best sales person you can be.
The job itself is fast paced and keeps you on your toes during busy hours, but there’s always something to do.

The only downside about this position is the job security, the hours cannot be guaranteed which can make it hard for some. If you apply, don’t expect more than 2 shifts a week, however, those shifts won’t feel like work as you’re surrounded with loving co-workers & enthusiastic customers.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, good team
Cons
Job security
Nice Environment
The staff was great to work with, everyone was friendly and the job was fun considering it was retail. When working at Torrid I gained a sense of confidence because everyone, including most clients were extremely accepting and encouraging.
Great management
Accommodating with your availability, great staff and decent product. It can be a fast pace enviroment but has its slow moments.

It is your typical retail job but if you're a plus size girl it is a great place to work. The atmosphere is comfortable and it is fun learning about all that goes into the product. I.e manufacturing, sizing, fit. Etc.

And the feeling you get when you have a customer who finds torrid for the first time, often times is overwhelming. It's a good feeling helping someone else feel great and comfortable in their own skin, all it takes is clothes that fit properly!
Pros
Great atmosphere, discount, mentoring, incentive rewards.
Cons
Low hours at times.
Rude and Unprofessional
My team would make fun of customers behind their backs about their weight!! I was told I would only get hours if there's a shift nobody wants! Unfair management, this was my dream job and I felt unwelcome :(
Pros
Discount, that's it.
Cons
Difficult to advance, hard to get hours
Retail work
Working retail was mostly busy, dealing with different customers and their needs. The hardest part was trying to schedule any personal events. The schedule changed every week, on Thursdays the new schedule was sometimes released. The most enjoyable part was knowing some customers loved the service so much they would come back.
fun workplace
I enjoy working at Torrid because coming into work is like coming into a big family hangout. You get to know the regular customers and build a relationship.
Wonderful Work Experience
Only worked there for a summer, but loved working there. Only wish I could have worked there longer. Discount for the store wasn't too shabby either, considering plus size clothing is expensive! Management was lovely, training was great. I really enjoyed working there aside from a few dramatic co-workers. Only had one negative experience with a customer and manager resolved it both with myself and with the customer.
Pros
Great staff, great work environment, good store discount
Cons
Not enough hours
No hours
Torrid Oshawa have very fast turn over and now I see why. All of the employees aside for management and upper yrs basically work part time house I was lucky to work 5h a week. And when asked to increase my hours they said they had none to give. Mangment was friendly but it’s just not a job u can live off of
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Little hours
10/10 worst experience
Probably the worst job I've ever had. The scheduling wasn't balanced, management was awful to employees and customers, HR allowed employees to be put in unsafe conditions/didn't look into harassment when reported by multiple people, the store was always understaffed during busy hours, and policies in place allowed room for wrong doing.
Pros
A tiny discount
Cons
Management, only getting 3.5hrs a week, having employees shamed infront of customers
Productive, with poor managment
busy
good hours

unreliable general staff

lots to do, always busy

good location

okay discount

assistant management was excellent and caring

lots of stock

had trouble with theft

bra sizing was difficlt
Pros
you get a break and there is a minimal discount
Cons
poor head managment