Toronto and Region Conservation Authority Employee Reviews

Poor HR Practices
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 March 2019
I do not have many good things to say about this place, that is why I am moving on.
This company hides details in their contract. I have many disputes with HR and cannot elaborate. I am moving on since I am very unhappy here
Pros
Good Mission Statement
Cons
Human Resources Practices
Great Student Job
Outreach Program Assistant and Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON23 November 2018
This was my first job as a teenager and I learned many skills and lots about myself. I feel I became a better person and would recommend this workplace to anyone especially students looking for a first job
Secure & Comfortable Environment
Wedding & Event Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON8 October 2018
This is a safe and secure work environment with a low stress feel. However the higher up management (CFO) is not considerate of the staff below at all. This seems to be a recent and rising issue with the corporation. However aside from this, all other aspects of the workplace are great. Direct managers are understanding and provide employees with the necessary encouragement and support they need to be successful.
Pros
Decent hours, great management
Cons
No HR, poor communication from CFO to employees
Good Volunteering Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 September 2018
I volunteered at TRCA / CYC for 5 days. it was a good experience for learning about preserving the environment as well as learning about nature (invasive species and the such)
Excellent work culture and performing as an able regulatory authority
Geotechnical Engineer, (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
An excellent work culture with good Job Work/Life Balance and good Salary/Benefits. A very inspiring office atmosphere and environment. Very methodical work approach.
Good introductory position
Education Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON19 September 2017
This is a good position to begin your working experience within the museum sector but there is little chance for advancement and the position is extremely unstable. Does not support a livelihood.
Good for a part-time job
Pro-Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 September 2017
Great environment with a great staff to go along with it. Not too challenging, but can chaotic depending on the amount of customers coming in. Over all, it was a good place to work while I was still a student.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Only part-time
Was just volunteering
General Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2017
There was no pay, it was just volunteer work. They were fun and enjoyable to work with. Worked only in my local area, and had a fun time help the farming community.
Great job for fresh out of college or young stepping stone. No advancement though
Construction Labourer technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Very poor management. Hard to move up for advancement in the TRCA. Great labours to work with,all great,friendly people and easy to get along with and to work as a team.
Pros
awesome labours to work with
Cons
poor management.
TRCA is a regulatory organization of Ontario Government
Geotechnical Engineer, (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
It is an excellent organization providing high caliber regulatory services to proponents/developers to ensure that the development is planned according to principles of sustainable development.
Pros
Excellent work culture and environment
Great experience
Conservation Youth Corps Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2017
While working here I experienced fun times with coworkers as well as a great learning environment where efficient work ethic was introduced. I enjoyed every minute.
Review
Senior Service and Support (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2017
Love working for the TRCA great atmosphere and management. really makes it a pleasure to come into work each day! the staff go above and beyond to make sure you are properly trained for each aspect of the job and allow flexible working schedules.

Being outside is a great perk and having the opportunity to enjoy the summer weather while getting paid is awesome!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Physically Taxing Labour
Good place to work though hard to advance
AR102 Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 January 2017
The TRCA is a good place to acquire archaeological field experience as they provide a stable work environment in the field season, including work on days where there is no field work. While there were some management issues during my period of working there, these have been dealt with and changed. There is some difficulty in advancement, as it is based more on the length of time spent working there rather than based on skills. The archaeological team are quite a fun group of people to work with and the overall feel is of familiarity and joking around.
Pros
Consistant hours, Good people, Great learning experience.
Cons
Slow advancement
Good hours for high school student
Environmental Field Labor (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON9 May 2016
A good company with many opportunities for everyone. Many job opportunities and lots of hours. Very beneficial and educational experience.
Enriching, fun work environment
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 May 2016
A typical work day began with reviewing and commenting on infrastructure and engineering drawings. A lot of time was spent working with computer models to measure water velocities, flood levels, and design culverts. I enjoyed chatting and spending time with co-workers during lunch breaks. The hardest part of the job involved organizing which tasks were to be completed first to meet deadlines.
Overall great work environment
Pro-Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 March 2016
While working for the Toronto Region & Conservation Authority(Bathurst Glen Golf Course) I was able to gain much valued work experience. I started working there when I was a high school student working as a "Back Shop" or a maintenance worker and quickly moved up into the sales or "Pro Shop" position. While in Pro Shop I was able to get a closer look at how a business is run and was given frequent support from my authorities to do well. All of the employees were friendly and supportive and truly made me want to work hard and strive to my potential. Some of the higher traffic days would be more difficult than others, but those were the exciting days; the days where I could push myself and see where I needed improvement. All in all, it was a great work environment and I recommend working there to all my peers.
Interesting Work Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON22 March 2016
At work I was trained on how to complete certain tasks. Theses tasks were all very construction related. I would spend most of my day working with tools and building as well as assisting and instructing others on how to build certain things. I had other leaders as well as site management who were fun but at times difficult to work with. My favourite part of the job was that I was constantly able to do new things as well as work with many different people.
Pros
New jobs every day
Cons
More responsibility with no advancement
Awesome peers
Environmental Technician (Seasonal Field Staff) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
The people and co-workers were great, the job was fun but the culture was not sustainable.There were 2 managers for every employee and no one person who was competent and experienced in the field. Overtime was never given due to format of payroll. Never saw my supervisor outside of a building, organization did not adapt or change to circumstances. When asked for written extension to my contract as was not comfortable with a verbal one, was refused.
Pros
Outside in beautiful places, great co-workers
Cons
Awful commute, too many managers, low level of accountability
A great cause and loads of people of loads of passion
Rentals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downsview ON16 July 2015
A great place to work with people with loads of passion making a difference in our awesome province!! Stuff is a bit outdated and they need some fresh young blood in there but overall a great experience.
Agency doing interesting work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto14 May 2015
An agency that is doing some very important environmental work across the GTA. Due to cutbacks, workload can be very heavy at times but they are pretty good about giving people time off.
Pros
Very educated and knowledgeable work force
Cons
Workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto and Region Conservation Authority. Our community is ready to answer.