Toronto Transit Commission
Information from Toronto Transit Commission:

Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative37 reviews
Canada37 reviews
I worked in a TTC as a customer service representative for about 3 months. It was good to work there. I got many friends while working there. It wasn't that hard job, but you have to be a quick responder all the time.
It was good working with different people and helping customers. Learned a lot from my team members and gained experience in customer service which helped me to get another job easily.
• Dealing with members of the public on alternative route during repair of railway lines
• Conducting payment transactions and answering questions regarding train schedule for passengers

• Answering train-related queries, such as train times, delays and ticket information

• Helping customers and passengers who have mobility issues;

• Manning the station information point

• Carrying out security reviews and patrols

The TTC management is good with friendly environment, the hardest part of the job is that we have some difficulty customers but they are accommodating. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the work is fun and ability to solve customers problems.
Its the best place to work, since it is one of the best companies in the City of Toronto. I have the opportunity to learn from very smart professionals.

I worked there as a customer service representative
I experience face to face interaction with many different people and feel very comfortable and confidence to speak in public Its relieve the fear of speak in public.
- Amazing time serving the customers
- excellent supervisors and officers

- motivated staff
-Normal shift (station closure or fair gate) at TTC could be 12 hours at a stretch with 1-hour break. I help passengers who seem to be lost while traveling. Assist them with the new PRESTO machines to purchase tickets or load funds to their card.

-I had experience of working within Canadian culture by conversating in English with the customers and providing them solutions for their travel related queries.

-As we are contractual workers to TTC, Great connection employment serves us with managerial activities such as scheduling and payroll

-Completely professional culture within TTC with the majority of elderly people

-The hardest part of this job is to help those people who do not know English

-The most enjoyable part is understanding the people mentioned in the previous point who does not know English
Pros
Supervisors are very supportive and concerned about our safety
Cons
Long hours of shift
This company is in the growth phase, but in order to meet and exceed the transportation demands of a growing population, there needs to be a much more stricter checks and balances on everything from safety and security, financials, human resources and training, maintenance, its various services, communication protocols and monitoring employee behaviour and take affirmative and quick action when a concern in brought to their attention. The organizational structure of the company needs to be changed as well from the bottom to all the way to the top and everywhere in between. Finally, the purchase of new buses and streetcars which has very been experiencing serious problems needs to be rechecked and another manufacturer needs to be researched and investigated before a huge order is placed and customers are disappointed by not having enough buses and streetcars during rush hour periods so that traffic congestion is eliminated, customers can be moved from one place to another quickly, safely and efficiently and also pollution is reduced. Frequent breakdown of buses and streetcars should also be looked into more closely in order to eliminate crowding and reduce wait times for customers as time is money.
great job with a good workplace culture a typical day of work was operating city bus for 8 hrs a day and applying customer skills and safe driving skills in all type conditions
greeted customers and ensured they were going in the right direction in-order to get to their final destination. familiarized my self with the TTC map.
$14 an hour is the wage of most outsourced TTC ambassadors (red bib) employees. Even TTC bus drivers get approx. $34 an hour range yet we get $14 for doing more customer service work in one shift than most of the drivers, particularly subway op's, have done in a week.

Employee benefits are minimal (CPP and EI only) in comparison to other, non-outsourced/contracted TTC employees who get several fully paid vacation days, yet still, complain that they don't get enough. TTC employees also get a free employee metro pass and a pax key but us, outsourced staff, still have to pay the fare, even when going to our assignments and have to wait for an employee to lend their pax key to use the facilities and break room (although some of have obtained their own set of pax keys...???)

Some TTC employees hate us because apparently, we 'stole' their union jobs, however, the TTC is to blame for outsourcing - we just applied to a job opening and were hired. I've been personally confronted by several TTC employees who think otherwise when using the 'unionized employees only' washrooms and break room.

The public is generally ok with the odd few disgruntled passengers. I find several miserable and self-righteous 'unionized' TTC employees to be even worse in their attitudes and temperament towards us, outsourced staff.

We are expected to stand for our entire shifts, minus an unpaid hour break, and even if we lean for a split second, we'll be written up.

Overall, the job is ok.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Where do I begin
Assisted customers with route selection, inquiries and other requests.
Asked open-ended questions to assess customer needs.

Politely assisted customer in person and via telephone
Great place to work. Career opportunities for advancement. Super people. Promotions and commendations given to worthy staff. Refresher courses always available to help you maintain skill and professional experience.
If you are a people person and can sometimes handle the odd angry ones then you will have fun
typical day would include manning the presto gates and on subway closures it is mostly directing the customers to alternate routes or helping them find shuttle buses
Cons
too much standing
great job people are always helpful fun working environment,scenery changes,mgmt firm but fair and approachable,pay is ok hours are long but time flys by
Pros
great staff fun environment
Cons
long hours standing
TTC was provided a decent work environment. Hours are okay, pay is good, and the management is somewhat tolerable. I wouldn't say this job is for your typical worker.
Pros
Breaks, PayL
Cons
Long hours, no job advancement
Safe operation of vehicles
Customer Service is stressed

Job Security

Higher than minimum Rate of Pay

Regular schedules

Great benefits

Opportunity for advancement
Pros
fresh air
Cons
split shifts
It's fun to work with a diverse group of people. Good to see and provide correct directions to customers requested. Taught a great deal of patience and understanding with different people with different needs.
Pros
Free snacks provided if long shift is scheduled
Cons
Long standing hours
They hire agency people with low wage and put them in long shifts, in different stations. They remain jobless for most of the time in a year with no security.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Helping customers find directions and answering general questions about routes. Making sure people are safe and board trains in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people.
Pros
knowledge about TTC
Cons
standing long hours
Its a good place to work. Lots of people to help you out, supervisors are kind and helpful. Breaks are given on request and shifts are given promptly.
Pros
Free wifi
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Transit Commission. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4