Toronto Transit Commission
Information from Toronto Transit Commission:

Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews for Bus Driver

Bus Driver24 reviews
Canada24 reviews
Can be a tough place to work. A large responsibility. Co workers are great. Management can be difficult. Work life balance is heavy on the work light on the life. Shift work, all types of weather driving. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
political b.s.
Work for the TTC for ten years and became extremely ill with a mental health issue that is generic in my family, and management went out of there way to do everything possible to get rid of me, but in the end I had to resign to get the help that I needed without the support from management at the TTC.
The only thing that makes a TTC a great place to work is the cruise that you work with the people that you work with the TTC had a lot of great times with the crew that I worked with good people there
If you can deal with people then this is the job for you. Fun and exciting coworkers. Shift work but once you gain a little seniority you are ok. Union rep to help
Like any union shop, seniority gets the best positions but whether you drive a bus, a streetcar or operate a subway, the work is not hard and you will eventually get the shift that suites you!
Pros
What could be easier than driving
Cons
Some split shifts, driving in ALL kinds of weather
After being here for 11 years, the culture has changed and Not for the better......
The company likes to fire ppl for the simplest of reasons.... Management is not reasonable in there approach to discipline employees.. We are just an employee number to them. Be cautious in what you do on, and off the job!!!
Pros
Gteat pay, benifits, and pension...
Cons
Lact of respect by management, general public!!!
- take the bus out of the garage
- drive the routes carefully

- interact with the customers

- most people keep to themselves

- hardest part is keeping up with the schedules during rush hour

- best part was job stability and constant pay
Did 29 years there great place money and benefits outstanding.
Retired now and moving onto next chapter. If I had a chance id do it all over again. enjoy
Benefits
Cons
bad shifts
Its ok lots of stress, sleep is an asset and knowing your surroundings, you must be patient or you will not survive, .....................................................
Pros
can pick shifts and days off
Cons
stress, family
Never a dull moment, something new everyday, no management hovering over you, ability to choose hours with seniority, interesting staff and customers,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Toronto Transit Commission?
18 months in, assaulted physically 4 times of my last 6 months, made reports within Transit, nothing to claim after seeing my Dr. diagnosed with P.T.S.D, in claims of time off through W.S.I.B. Transit claims they have no documents pertaining to my claim to W.S.I.B.

Management is a fkning joke at Wilson Division. They are puppets who act like their someone but overall lack the intelligence of their position. Same goes with the Stupidvisors.. most not all, but most are SLOW, Fat and Lazy and pass the buck on to each other when taking care of matters.. they do not like filing or reporting or doing their job.

I only give Kudos to the Drivers and Wicket guys.. that's it, they work hard! Its a tuff skin job.. but when nothing is done about claims of assault, you gotta ask yourself.. am I going to do this for the next 25 years for a company who doesn't have your back? Your just another #.. that's it! replacable
Pros
Benefits and wages
Cons
The General Public are MOFO's to you just for wearing the Uniform, Supervisory Staff are shi8, The Union is Shi8, Your Shop Stewards are a bunch of Stu's.
I would have stayed with ttc if there was more equipment that is of more benefit for the drivers and not the company. The company has been around and is not going to go under or you will lose your job, you can advance in some postions if you choose those spots
Pros
benefits, salary, i like working with people
Cons
shifts can be long and hard on family
Spent over 32 years working there. Great time working with other employees and public. Demanding job in regards to many hours away from home and family
Pros
Working outside not in an office
Cons
No matter how hard you work and all the positive things you do they will turn on you the min you make a mistake. The job is so demanding and there is no reward except pay.
All said good company . Good renumeration. Good retirement package.Management can be strict in transportation.Great advancement potential.Good benefits.
Pros
stable employment
Cons
long hours work weekemds
good learning experience co-workers are fun to work with management is very harsh long hours split shifts 24 hrs. operation start out working spareboard the pick a shift
Was a great place to work good benefits and decent wages.
But with that came quite a bit of pressure and driving buses down town Toronto can be very demanding I also drove subways trains and trolley coaches.
Pros
Split shifts
Cons
The seniority system.
Have to have tough skin dealing with the public and know how to keep calm. There are so many co workers but most of them are good. Sometimes can be difficult dealing with the public.
I enjoyed working for this company. IF given the opportunity I would work for them again. I learned the routes that are run out of the Queensway division. Due to a medical condition that I was not aware of at the time of employment I had some problems.
From time to time experienced unforeseen delays in subway service, due to various circumstances. Meeting interesting customers. Great group of co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Starting out, not knowing, what kind of work I was assigned.
Working splits and overtimes, days off are different from usual ones, more likely not a saturday and sunday. Working with great deal of pressure and tension from customers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Transit Commission. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4