Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews

good
Senior Program Control Officer, Business Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
is a very.nice company to work for. Management is nice and helpful as well as my coworkers. I have enjoyed working at ttc for the short time I have been there. Only complaint I have is the pay rate. Little pay for taking care of little people all day. Pros. fun place to work. Cons. low pay. Was this review helpful?
Database and Software Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
This is a great place to work and I encourage anyone with the opportunity to work here to do so. The people working there are all friendly, everyone says hi to each other as they pass each other in the hallways. Great opportunity to learn new things about your community.
Fast paced
Streetcar Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On29 March 2018
Good front line job with a gov't subsidized company. Be ready for lots of overtime, and rude people (riding public). Management are usually former operators, but it seems like they forgot what it was like to be in the seat of an operator. Union at the time was good, but has apparently gone downhill. Very easy to find yourself in trouble if you don't cover your every action without union representation.
Great job if you like driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario6 March 2018
Good money and benefits. Great pension plan. I would recommend to young person that hasn't started a family yet. Takes time to get used to the different shifts. The employees are very helpful and supportive.
Wonderful
Summer Student Subway Collector (Former Employee) –  1900 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4S 1Z24 March 2018
Organized company
Lovely staff
Large store
Diverse customers

Managers/Supervisors are super friendly and understanding. They try to make the work environment very friendly.
great people,fun job always changeing,ok pay long hours
Customer Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
great job people are always helpful fun working environment,scenery changes,mgmt firm but fair and approachable,pay is ok hours are long but time flys by
Pros
great staff fun environment
Cons
long hours standing
Nice
(TTC) - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Throughout GTA7 February 2018
TTC was provided a decent work environment. Hours are okay, pay is good, and the management is somewhat tolerable. I wouldn't say this job is for your typical worker.
Pros
Breaks, PayL
Cons
Long hours, no job advancement
Great employees to work with.
Crime Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Great place to work. The TTC cares care of its employees and its families. Their pension plan is good also. As a pensioner I get the same benefits just like any other employee.
Good
Bus Operator
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilson Division25 January 2018
18 months in, assaulted physically 4 times of my last 6 months, made reports within Transit, nothing to claim after seeing my Dr. diagnosed with P.T.S.D, in claims of time off through W.S.I.B. Transit claims they have no documents pertaining to my claim to W.S.I.B.

Management is a fkning joke at Wilson Division. They are puppets who act like their someone but overall lack the intelligence of their position. Same goes with the Stupidvisors.. most not all, but most are SLOW, Fat and Lazy and pass the buck on to each other when taking care of matters.. they do not like filing or reporting or doing their job.

I only give Kudos to the Drivers and Wicket guys.. that's it, they work hard! Its a tuff skin job.. but when nothing is done about claims of assault, you gotta ask yourself.. am I going to do this for the next 25 years for a company who doesn't have your back? Your just another #.. that's it! replacable
Pros
Benefits and wages
Cons
The General Public are MOFO's to you just for wearing the Uniform, Supervisory Staff are shi8, The Union is Shi8, Your Shop Stewards are a bunch of Stu's.
Harrassments are not taken seriously
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
Non-Union Harassment and discriminators are disguised as Managerial discretion. Human Rights and Employee Relations departments need to be outsource, independent and off site.
Union related issues are not represented properly as Union and Management are no longer separate.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Have to sacrifice integerity to be accepted into the culture
Secure job with great pay and benefits.
Train Traffic Controller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
Lots of opportunity to move around and try something new while staying at the same company. Room for advancement if you are ambitious. Lots of great people to work with.
Pros
Get to work before the rush hour.
Cons
Variable off days. Hard on family life and friends.
very friendly atmosphere
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
Toronto Transit Commission has a great diverse environment to work in and you get back what you put into the job! Fabulous company to work for once you have the intentions of coming to work to help the public get through their day safely from point A to point Z.
Pros
good pay, union environment
Cons
public can be negative for no reason towards you
great place to work.
janitorial cleaner maintenance (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 January 2018
I truly enjoyed the workplace enviroment . Work was relaxing , worked at my own speed but always got it done without hardship. Enjoyed the steady work
Pros
great people to work with
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
This has to got be one of the best places I've worked. The staff and management are all so kind and helpful and there's so much opportunity to learn and grow. The pay and benefits are also great.
Great Experience
Revenue Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
- Enjoyed everyday working at Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
-Training were provided to you the first day on the job
-Co-workers were great to work with
Educational place to work at.
Mechanical Coach Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
Great opportunities
Supportive team leads
Great benefits
Work life balance
Continuous learning
Training Opportunities
Positive dealing with the public
Opportunity for advancement
it is a great company to work for as far as financially but you take alot of abuse from the public
Bus operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
I would have stayed with ttc if there was more equipment that is of more benefit for the drivers and not the company. The company has been around and is not going to go under or you will lose your job, you can advance in some postions if you choose those spots
Pros
benefits, salary, i like working with people
Cons
shifts can be long and hard on family
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2017
Safe operation of vehicles
Customer Service is stressed
Job Security
Higher than minimum Rate of Pay
Regular schedules
Great benefits
Opportunity for advancement
Pros
fresh air
Cons
split shifts
Productive and fun place to work
Claims Adjudicator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
Excellent employer to work for and great benefits and pension
Great company to learn and grow
Great team work everyone respects each other
Free travel on TTC vehicles
Pros
Great benefits and pension
Nice place to work
Access Control Administrator (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
Nice place to work and stay for longer time. TTC is very diversified work environment. There are people pretty much from every part of the world. Its a very nice and respectable place to work. I have enjoyed my time at TTC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Transit Commission. Our community is ready to answer.