Toronto Transit Commission

Toronto Transit Commission Employee Reviews

The Toronto Transit Commission can be the best place to work if you have the right attitude. There are plenty of opportunities if you invest in and challenge yourself.
Pros
Meeting many great people
Cons
Low moral
Continually being spied upon. Have never worked at a company who searches for ways to discipline the employees. Always looking over your shoulder. Why ? Because there are secret riders watching you everyday! Military management team. A toxic environment to work in !
Pros
Pay / Benefits
Cons
Intersting job very poor management but was a good run just the same. Pension makes the job worth while but dealing with public can be very difficult indeed
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work all shifts
Was hard and dirty and dangerous work working track level. Great crew and decent foreman’s but upper management easy to pounce if u make one mistake Best part was pay and benefits. Rain or shine work had to be done. The new generation I found are not like workers from older days Old timers worked lots harder
Pros
Pay. Benefits
Cons
Shifts. Management with no knowledge but making decisions
Management was fair and employees were amazing. Learned a lot of different jobs and with courses I’ve taken are still with me today. Would recommend you have a minimum of grade twelve and a drivers license to start.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No comment. Everything went well and I've learned a lot dealing with people and my personal life improvement. The only hard part is when you start your first day for few months like anywhere else.
Not a fun place to work. Extremely inadequate. Fear tactics and poor upper management. Was a great place to work but the upper management have lost touch with the lower levels. Communication is key but it's the same stuff forwarded from level to level and so on. Moral is in the dumps because of all the stepping on each other to advance.
Pros
training
Cons
lifestyle sacrifices
Working at the TTC for 38 years was enjoyable. I was responsible for fare media distribution to the network businesses. I have learned most of my customer skills and how to supervise a union workforce. Management was the best easy to get along with and to work for over the years. Hardest part was dealing with union employees. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the different people over the years.
great place to work. salary benifits and job security. Went in good attitude, treated fairly all levels. Top heavy. Too many chiefs not enough indians
I worked in a TTC as a customer service representative for about 3 months. It was good to work there. I got many friends while working there. It wasn't that hard job, but you have to be a quick responder all the time.
Pick up and drop off clients to their destinations, with a focus on disabled and senior passengers Provide on-time transportation according to an agreed-upon schedule Operated special equipments, such as wheelchair lifts to transport people with special needs in and out of the vehicle Follow relevant safety regulations for vehicle operation Ensure the verhible is regularly cleaned after each appointment is complete Perform routine vehicle maintenance to ensure the car is functioning well Taxi Driver
Work for the TTC for ten years and became extremely ill with a mental health issue that is generic in my family, and management went out of there way to do everything possible to get rid of me, but in the end I had to resign to get the help that I needed without the support from management at the TTC.
My experience at TTC was wonderful, the managers and supervisors are very approachable, the workers are quick to assist you in anyway possible. the work environment is one that encourages team work.
It was good working with different people and helping customers. Learned a lot from my team members and gained experience in customer service which helped me to get another job easily.
Kiss weekends goodbye for a few years and you don’t get to pick a regular crew right away. Overnight shifts suck. Patrons on some routes are just plain stupid and rude. Supervisors at control centre aren’t always the brightest bulbs. If you can handle always being at fault and biting your tongue, you’ll be ok.
TTC is a very unique place to work. Everything is slow pace here and since it has unionized workers, some show up just for a pay cheque - TTC could be be better. if some people could pick up just a paper off the floor for their whole job for the 8 hour shift, won't happen. They'll look at it, walk away and go take a nap. lot's of lazy workers who try to sneak under the radar. Tons of individuals are involved in time thefts.
Demanding with long hours. it is a good place to work. People are very nice. Challenging projects and very proactive environment. It is worth getting a job at TTC.
Working at the Toronto transit commission is a great job if your people person. As you gain seniority your choices of work get better. Great benefits and job security Sometimes dealing with the public be a little stressful I find the management very political and sometimes do not have your best interest in mind
Great place to work at. Coworkers are super nice and knowledgeable at what they do. Great place to grow. I strongly recommend TTC as an employer. Great workers from management to worker.
Good work to life balance. Many people that are passionate about what they do. Room for advancement. Many interesting and challenging projects keep things interesting.
Four stars good place if you want ta advance overall good place must be able to work night shift for a few years be able to work in different locations