Depends on your job.
If in frontline transit operations; bus/streetcar/Subway operator and collectors, expect to be micromanaged and under the eye of management constantly. Also expect abuse from the public, verbal and physical.
Pay, Benefits and Pension are good but they have to be otherwise no one will do this work .
"Work" entails, long hours, shifts and no weekends. Long hours/shifts = split shifts where you work 4 hours, get 4hours off and work 4hours again. Once you add reporting time, you are looking at 13hr days but only get paid your working hours.
New hires will get the worst shifts, expect working splits and nights for at least 5-6years. No weekends off until you hit 15-20years.
Streetcar/subway operator, you will kill someone. That's a statistical fact.
Seniority is KING at the transit commission. Highest divorce. Kiss your weekends goodbye. If your generally a happy person, prepare to get the positive energy drained out of you by negative employees.
Very inclusive environment!
For the most part the work environment is good, there's always bad apples in the bunch which makes working here stressing at times which is no different than most jobs out there.
Is it really negative work place/////
Great place to work. Great benefits. Majority of the management was really nice. When you first start out the split shift and working weekend can be hard. Otherwise good job
I love cleaning
- The public treats you like trash.
- Management treats you like trash.
- Hours, shifts (including splits), and off days (Hello Tuesday/Wednesday weekend!) SUCK!
- Driving a subway? Prepare to have at least ONE P1! Oh and expect customers to blame YOU personally for the delay...
- What do you mean today is a STAT HOLIDAY? Sorry! TTC moved it to accommodate management!
- You now have Child Support and Spousal Support payments every month. Not a family friendly work environment!
- They preach “Work Safe, Home Safe”, but what they really mean is do the most amount of work, for the least amount of money. No matter what the cost.
- If you make it to your pension enjoy it! But your more likely to die of Cancer or have a Heart Attack first!