Toronto Public Library

Toronto Public Library Employee Reviews

Canada64 reviews
productive
Informative.Client-oriented, Community engaging.The warm environment and great colleagues to work with. Managers were Supportive. great Teamwork, proactive.
Relaxed and slow paced, although may be too slow for some
The place is relaxed and slow paced. Change takes a long time to happen, and most people stay in the system for decades. The only way to advance forward is through seniority, which may not be what some people are looking for. However, the job security is excellent, and yearly appraisals are easy to pass.
Library experience
Organized books on their respective shelves. Distributed flyers to spread awareness of activities and events. Assisted and greeted people in the library.
excellent team
Working in a quiet place with very kind team and people make you more focussed. The work environment helped me a lot to work on my career objectives ... having fun sometimes too
Productive and fun workplace
when working in the library you are given the opportunity to interact with the community and the children. It is not a fast paced environment so you can relax and operate in a smooth and easy schedule.
fun and great people to work with
excellent place and lots of great people. not stressful at all. just talking and working with others in a positive manner. I would recommend this place to anybody.
Relaxed environment and very welcoming
Working with TPL is a very enriching experience, the people you work with are genuinely nice and makes you want to come to work. Good connections with coworkers and the community in general.
A rewarding and stable work environment
My tenure as a Sales Supervisor for the TPL Venue Rentals department was one of the most rewarding and enjoyable professional experiences. I truly appreciated their appreciation for work-life balance, which I felt I was able to achieve with their support. I enjoyed supportive and friendly workplace atmosphere as well as opportunities to promote the venue spaces creatively to solicit both corporate- and social- venue bookings.
Nice and quite space
I really enjoyed working at this library. I learnt how to find different kind of books and authors. The downside of this job is I didn't get enough hours a week.
Nice and quiet environment to work in
I really enjoyed working there. I learned how to find books in the library. What I really enjoyed about the job was I got to meet new people and find some really nice interesting books.The only downside about this job is I didn't get a lot of hours a week.
Productive and helpful individuals to aid in the improvement of the library
During our meeting we would discuss and carry out plans to encourage teens mainly to read more by hosting events at the library and bringing in more books that teens would enjoy
Awesome
The staff were so welcoming and collaborative in work. I loved working there because there were many things learned each day. The youth were fantastic and building rapport with them was essential to succeed.
very fun
I am a volunteer at this library it has a very friendly environment, has excellent staff along with educational and fun
Great Place To Work
Very accommodating company policies and attitudes towards employees and their personal lives. Very inclusive environment with oppurtunity for growth. Great pay for a light work load in a very calm environment. Working here also provides the oppurtunity to meet with various different communities of people within the city and the oppurtunity to do something for them whether it is assissting daily with regular inquiries or making big impacts by working alonngside community programs and initiatives. Overall fantastic place to work. I worked at the Mount Dennis location for 8 years.
Pros
Cons
Customers can be a little problematic at times but does not reflect on the employer at all
Fun workplace
It was a very goood experience to work in the library. It made me understand to the job of librarian. I was able to get a lot of ecperience. I was able to interact with people.
Pros
Less charge rate for printing
Fun and friendly environment
We learned how to make coop with stress, make a resume and to make and help teens with their problems. We make try to find ways to make teens be in the library more often.
Great Atmosphere
Great job to have and keep if you can, I made the wrong choice of leaving. Although the reasons for leaving were pure, I would have loved to stay forever.
Great job for students and professionals
I love my job because the library can only work when everyone works as a team. I've learned how to service the public effectively and I've learned about the many services and books that we provide.
Great Place to work
Helping library patrons not just with books - but with other things too.
Senior Program - Tea and Entertainment was very rewarding.

Training and learning were always provided as were opportunity portals for new positions!
c'etait productif et agreable
les enfants etaient amusants, c'etait magique de voir comment les enfants evolue dans la lecture.
Pros
repas gratuits
Cons
courtes pauses
Part Time Librarian
This was a great part time job for me giving that i was still in high school. the Library was 2 mins away from my home was well within my community so i felt like i was right at home having to go home for lunch. The enviornment was quiet as expected and i was able to focus well while helping people get to what they were look for with ease.