Toronto Public Health
Happiness score is 89 out of 100

Toronto Public Health Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews

It was okay

I really liked working here. It was specifically with vaccines. The shifts were awesome. 3 days on, 4 days off and vice versa. They staff were nice, once you had a good team. No complaints really. Once you’re in, you can apply to anywhere in the city of Toronto.

Contract for vaccines

Nothing much to say…I administered Covid vaccines to the public for a short period of time at the Toronto Congress Centre. The hall was very cold and huge.

Insights into Toronto Public Health

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great

Although the work was temporary, I would jump at the chance to work with Toronto public health again. Was an amazing experience with a wonderful PAY!

Pros

Amazing staff

Excellent salary, benefits and work life balance. Great respectful and inclusive work culture.That's all I have to say and i would like to say. Nothing less and nothing more.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities

Working with TPH is very productive and fun. Meeting new people was a great experience.

TPH given me a chance to encounter different people with different cultures to learn from. Working with TPH was fun. Supervisor was very helpful and understanding.

Pros

Free food sometimes

Cons

great experience as RPN for the vaccination clinics, the pay was good and hours as well

amazing experience as a rpn with the mass vaccination clinics, as a new grad learnt a lot and made many good references and friends.

Productive workplace

Good and productive. Everyone was friendly caring and helpful. I would definitely love to work there again. Managers and team leads were amazing!!!!

Inclusive

Start work at 10am to 9:00pm. An hour before and after closing. Excellent Management, Very Knowledgeable,Responsible, Fair & ProfessionalWorkplace is typically relaxed, always professional and excepted to have your station cover. Lots of light shed of fairness and respect for peers. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. certain tasks on body restraining and the PPE provided is not ideal for long hours, can become uncomfortable. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people, experience clinical atmosphere and being a part of helping with the pandemic relief without being a healthcare provider.

Pros

Relaxed Enviroment

Cons

Long Hours

Decent placement as a student.

Decent placement as a student. In a typical work day I would do home visits to help children with growth and development as well as helping new moms. It was a good learning environment for a student but a slow paced work place.

Fun place to work

it was a volunteer job. but the experience was great and i have fun with the team members and we all did a great job. Nothing was off limit as the staff really pushed us to the limit

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Hectic

Rewarding Experience

The initiative was funded by Toronto Public Health and we used the funds for research and community outreach. It was good knowing that the city supported advocacy and raising awareness on water-pipe tobacco smoking among at-risk youth.

I have worked here for thirty years and have had a great career

I have had a number of different career opportunities since joining public health in 1988. I have worked in all programs in the division and have found my learning journey and career development in this organization second to none.

Pros

Interesting opportunities to work with diverse communities and nice staff

Cons

Wished there was more part time availability.

Diverse

The Toronto public health clinic(s) are great and bring a lot of client diversity. Enjoyed working with such a client base and the friendly staff were a bonus.

Pros

diverse

Cons

hours

Exciting

Placement at the Toronto Public Health was very exciting. Enjoyed providing dental services to the public. Loved the vast variety of clients entering the clinics.

Good people poor leadership

Great staff at TPH but the senior management team is dysfunctional. They have lost a lot of good staff because of poor hiring decisions. TPH now undergoing a major review so perhaps things will change for the better.

Pros

Smart people

Cons

Bureaucracy, risk adverse, lack of leadership

Great Place, great staff

The work environment is great, but not something for me. A lot of really early morning shifts and constant walking can be a pain, but it serves the community well by preventing cigarette vendors to sell to minors.

Pros

Great Job

Cons

Bad shifts

Intelligent staff and very supportive

Great environment because everyone is friends with everybody and because it is a small group of people the constantly support one another and they are very helpful.

Pros

great staff

clinic based Public Health Nurse

Very busy and fast paced work environment. Chronically short staffed. Little room for movement up to management. Despite this co-workers and current manager are fantastic.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

chronically short staffed, prone to labor disruptions with City of TO contract negotiations

A productive team environment with excellent work - life balance

Working at Toronto Public Health as an intern was challenging, yet interesting. My placement was a valuable learning opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Public Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement