Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Employee Reviews

Nice place poorly managed
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 June 2019
The only thing that needs to be improved is the Management they dont know how to manage this place everything its about to blame somebody else.

I dont know how come the HR cant realize this issue they see how many people are leaving the main
question is why!!!

MANAGEMENT VERY POORLY
Pros
Free membership
Cons
12 hours shift over night as well very tiring
terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
Terrible management and not good scheduling system. Very toxic environment and not any chance of advancement. Lots of favouritism and bad hours and unsafe.
Pretty taxing work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2018
Too many systems and too many roles you need to fill. Management expects front desk tpasc staff to also take care of city of Toronto and Uoft issues while being paid minimum wage. You can start to feel overwhelmed after a few weeks here as management clearly take advantage of staff.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no city or uoft staff at the desk to help
Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2018
Worked for the centre since it opened and have seen the transformation from brand new company to now seasoned environment. Early there were some issues but these have for the most part been worked out and they really invest in their employees. Jobs are almost always looked to be filled internally first. Really great benefits and every day is different
Pros
Team environment
Field House Attendant at TPASC
Field House Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
There was a lot of downtime during the day shifts, but it typically picked up towards the evening hours. As a field house attendant, there were few opportunities for advancement in the company. However, there were a few benefits, such as free access to the fitness center, Olympic sized swimming pool, and the gymnasium. Hosting provincial and national sporting events was another perk as well. It's the ideal part-time job for the sports enthusiast.
Pros
Gym access
Productive workplace
Business Administration Coordinator/Reception (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2018
A world class facility for work and sports events. LEED gold facility with professional staff. Great work/life balance and care for staff and its members.
Facility Department
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Facility30 December 2017
I worked there as a Building Operator the Building manager have no clue how to schedule his/her Building operator too many Asst. Managers and some of the operators/maintenance are not capable of performing the job. they need to change how they run this place too much politics and they love to point fingers instead of fixing the problem together. "NO TEAM WORK'
Pros
good salary
Cons
shift work chaage every week.
Management sucks
Irrelavent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 October 2017
management has no clue how to run this place. Having been a previous supervisor there's to many people now working with insufficient hours and no set order or schedule. Everyone is all over the place and the hourly wage is not worth the job that you are required to do they want to over work you.
Good culture and diverse environment
Food Service Assiociate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
It has always been a busy day in my job and I have to deal with many costumers every day. I learned a lot of things regarding the preparations of different orders from the guest. My co-workers and supervisors are so good that I don't feel any pressure or conflicts at work. I love working with them.
Pros
breaks for every worker with free food.
Cons
few hours of shift due to many employees
Complex management structure with inefficient communication; but fun people
Field House Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
- Great part time job for students
- Great facility; host venue for some national and international sporting events
- Fun place to work with very little stress
- However, work can be frustrating at times due to inefficient internal communication
Typical day of work is usually extremely exciting
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2015
Typical day of work is always fun with a lot of new things to learn. I myself love my work. I do a lot of dancing in my free time so I enjoy my work very much. I love to teach students about my passion. Through this experience, I learned that I can always be better. I can develop my teaching style better to help my students further understand the fundamentals of the dance. Management is nice. I have no complains about management. The co-workers are extremely friendly. I believe the hardest part of the job to get everyone to listen to me when I teach the class. Sometimes, my students just do not listen. The most enjoyable part of class is the teaching itself. I am very passionate about Latin dancing. I love teaching others about my passion
Pros
The ability to teach others your passion
Cons
Not enough hours