Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre

Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
The Pan Am Sports Centre is overall a positive place to work! It is very fast paced and can be challenging/demanding at times but that comes with the nature of working in the Sports and Recreation World. One of the best things about working at the Pan Am Sports Centre is the staff! We have a great team here!
The People I work with are easy to talk to and nice when training just started. It gets busy when there are event days but the work there is not that hard when there are enough workers.
I really enjoyed my internship at TPASC. I was able to learn a lot from my mentor by assisting with the sports academy for strength and conditioning. Would highly recommend!
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is a world class facility that is exciting to walk into every day! The work keeps me challenged and I feel respected and appreciated by my coworkers. There is a really great collaborative vibe and many of the people that I work with have become good friends.
Pros
Free membership, high profile events, great benefits
The number of people using the building is constantly growing whether it be through memberships, program participants, events, rentals or high performance athletes allowing you to meet a wide range of amazing people.
The Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is a beautiful premium sports facility with world class Olympic swimming pools. It is a place for everyone. The staff are friendly. The compensation and benefits are fantastic. With special events hosted, every day is different. Work volume fluctuates between normal and fast paced and work time goes by quickly. Best job I ever had. No regrets!
From outside it looks good but inside the management is terrible. There are none of the professional cultures in planning the job. Too much person in management but only few in execution.
Pros
Good benefits from the beginning
Cons
Too much pressure at night shift
The only thing that needs to be improved is the Management they dont know how to manage this place everything its about to blame somebody else.

I dont know how come the HR cant realize this issue they see how many people are leaving the main

question is why!!!

MANAGEMENT VERY POORLY
Pros
Free membership
Cons
12 hours shift over night as well very tiring
Terrible management and not good scheduling system. Very toxic environment and not any chance of advancement. Lots of favouritism and bad hours and unsafe.
Too many systems and too many roles you need to fill. Management expects front desk tpasc staff to also take care of city of Toronto and Uoft issues while being paid minimum wage. You can start to feel overwhelmed after a few weeks here as management clearly take advantage of staff.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no city or uoft staff at the desk to help
Worked for the centre since it opened and have seen the transformation from brand new company to now seasoned environment. Early there were some issues but these have for the most part been worked out and they really invest in their employees. Jobs are almost always looked to be filled internally first. Really great benefits and every day is different
Pros
Team environment
As most people know, the Pan am Center is a place where you can pretty much do anything relating to sports. From swimming, to an indoor track and basketball court, this place has everything. I liked volunteering there since I am an active person myself but, I also liked it because of the positive space and environment that was there as well. Everyone worked as a team to get the job done, and helped others when needed. The hardest part for me during the experience was finding where I needed to be, since the facility is big and the distance to walk from one place to another wasn't that easy either especially when you have to carry equipment. What I did learn from this experience was leadership and cooperation. Being in a large group really made be understand what it's like to be in a team, and learn to work together to get the job done faster. The most enjoyable part for me was the interaction with people. Meeting and greeting people was nice. It made the environment more friendly and more open to others which I liked a lot.
Pros
There was a lot of stores inside of the facility so no need to go out when the weather is so great!
There was a lot of downtime during the day shifts, but it typically picked up towards the evening hours. As a field house attendant, there were few opportunities for advancement in the company. However, there were a few benefits, such as free access to the fitness center, Olympic sized swimming pool, and the gymnasium. Hosting provincial and national sporting events was another perk as well. It's the ideal part-time job for the sports enthusiast.
Pros
Gym access
A world class facility for work and sports events. LEED gold facility with professional staff. Great work/life balance and care for staff and its members.
I worked there as a Building Operator the Building manager have no clue how to schedule his/her Building operator too many Asst. Managers and some of the operators/maintenance are not capable of performing the job. they need to change how they run this place too much politics and they love to point fingers instead of fixing the problem together. "NO TEAM WORK'
Pros
good salary
Cons
shift work chaage every week.
management has no clue how to run this place. Having been a previous supervisor there's to many people now working with insufficient hours and no set order or schedule. Everyone is all over the place and the hourly wage is not worth the job that you are required to do they want to over work you.
It has always been a busy day in my job and I have to deal with many costumers every day. I learned a lot of things regarding the preparations of different orders from the guest. My co-workers and supervisors are so good that I don't feel any pressure or conflicts at work. I love working with them.
Pros
breaks for every worker with free food.
Cons
few hours of shift due to many employees
- Great part time job for students
- Great facility; host venue for some national and international sporting events

- Fun place to work with very little stress

- However, work can be frustrating at times due to inefficient internal communication
Typical day of work is always fun with a lot of new things to learn. I myself love my work. I do a lot of dancing in my free time so I enjoy my work very much. I love to teach students about my passion. Through this experience, I learned that I can always be better. I can develop my teaching style better to help my students further understand the fundamentals of the dance. Management is nice. I have no complains about management. The co-workers are extremely friendly. I believe the hardest part of the job to get everyone to listen to me when I teach the class. Sometimes, my students just do not listen. The most enjoyable part of class is the teaching itself. I am very passionate about Latin dancing. I love teaching others about my passion
Pros
The ability to teach others your passion
Cons
Not enough hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Reviews by Location