TORONTO LAWN TENNIS CLUB Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good and easy work.
Head Tennis Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Straight forward daily tasks. The work is not stressful and the activities are fun to do. It taught me the how to pass on what I have learned to other people.
gossip fest!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
I worked here for about 6 months! Thankful to not have to be here anymore! Saw them fire people that have been there for decades and members are always yelling at you daily like you are a peasant servant. Such a childish social environment. Lower level staff does all the work! There are leaks everywhere and mold when it rains yuck. I was there for under a year and there were 3 bed bug infestations in the staff room.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Bad environment
Bad hierarchy/employee atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Horrible tense high school drama atmosphere.
People are fired every other day. My manager showed up at 11 and left at 3 everyday but would complain about lateness of others. I was asked to look into another employees personal background off the record to make sure they were not lying about education. Lots of favoritism. Some employees getting their clothing paid for or school materials because they were favorites. I felt like I was working in a gossipy middle school with the catty cool kids getting all the good grades.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Management, favouritism
Exceptional Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
The Toronto Lawn Tennis Club is an amazing place to work. Evidence for this is the number of staff who have been employed for 10, 20 plus years. Senior Managers are extremely professional and have many years experience in the club and hospitality industry. It is a great learning environment, as managers are willing to train extensively and share knowledge. Above all, the members make it a truly special place to work as they are loyal and appreciate when service is delivered to the high standards they have come to expect.

Certainly not the place to work if you don't want to work or if someone doesn't want to excel. Merit is rewarded and sub-standard staff won't last long.
Pros
Warm, friendly environment with inspiring leadership
Cons
late hours at times
Worst Kitchen I have ever worked in
a cook (Former Employee) –  toronto lawn and tennis club19 June 2017
The food is stunning, the chef was great.
The sous Chef was the most arrogant rude condescending person I have ever worked with in many years.
I felt disliked from the moment I waked in the door as He wasnt comfortable with women and let me know it loud and clear, and I ended up quitting because it is impossible to work in a place where you are set up to fail daily
Good Luck
Pros
clean space to work
Cons
hours, work environment
Fun work place. Excellent Management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada16 May 2017
Working at the Lawn as a server there's never a dull moment. Whether you're working in the busy cafe, the fine dining Bistro or at a large function there is always something going on. Management were excellent, they were always willing to help and give you guidance, you truly feel looked after by them. They take care of their staff and really get to know you. You can have just as much fun during the day with management as you can with your colleagues! You learn a lot about customer service, the hospitality industry and so much more.
Productive work
Maintenance Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
very enjoyable job, great co-workers and it is stress free.

Recommend it if your in the position to apply for it

only negatives are the long hours, or the labour
Pros
pay
Cons
Enjoyable place to work with great staff
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2016
This job helped in improving my customer service skills as that was my main responsibility. The hardest part of the job would be to deal with the complaints and develop strategies to appeal to their wants and needs. This taught me how to come up with solutions to problems on the spot that would benefit everyone. My co-workers are some of the greatest people I know, which makes it the most enjoyable part of going to work.
A company geared for service to the membership of the club
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2015
A day began with retrieving and replying to voicemails and emails which would then lead to booking new events or updating current booked events. I would take time to make changes to events sheets around the club. During lunch hours I was required to manage the café and serve the membership usually for a couple hours. Once returned to the office I would go through any invoicing and reply again to any emails or missed calls. During busy months of the year I would then be required at night to manage all events this would include, managing the staff, setting up and tearing down rooms, closing the club, ensuring the next days functions were prepared. I gained a great understanding of customer service, MS Office & Jonas Systems, Managing staff and coworkers and learned to organise and problem solve in difficult situations.

The management of the club were respectful and helpful when I first began work as the event coordinator, if I ever had any questions or needed extra help on large events they were usually available to take part. My coworkers were fun and highly motivated which made working the long hours during events a pleasure.

The job entailed working on new sometimes extremely complicated events or multiple events each day during the busy seasons. As I was the only one working in the events and catering department it took a great deal of time and energy which could be draining, though still challenging and fun. I enjoy putting my mind to complicated tasks and being able to organise and execute any given day successfully.

After working on an event that has
  more... taken months of planning and then executing to the hosts expectations the best part is to have the host of the party express their gratitude for everything that was done for their guests and family.  less
Pros
free lunch/dinner, bonus twice per year
Cons
It is absoloutely a fun and productive environment for anyone to be in while figuring out their career choice
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2012
A typical date at work involves constant interation with members. Answering accurate questions in regards to current and upcoming events, socials, membership and account status. Being accurate when relaying messages and changes is a must as one incorrect information has the power to cause confusion in as little as 3 seconds in our club.

I have learnt so many things. Ive learnt how to be nice yet firm and strong at the same time so that rules are not being bent or disobeyed. I always knew the importance of being a good team player but my experience here has thought me how to be not just good but exceptional.

My most enjoyable part of the job have to say is being able to help the members in thier inquiries and needs. Whenever there is a satisfied look on their faces; it made me in return feel satisfied.
Pros
free lunch and benefits
Cons
the fact that my shifts were night shifts