TORONTO HUMANE SOCIETY Employee Review

View all TORONTO HUMANE SOCIETY reviews

My second home, fiercely loyal to the cause and the dogs
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario4 October 2018
All workplaces have their ups and downs, and nothing will ever be perfect, however THS is continually striving to improve all aspects of their operations, self examining and taking into account more than ever the needs of their employees and the animals. My time at THS has been one of the most enriching, educational, and emotional experiences of my life. Worth every second, even the difficult ones. A most unique and cherished opportunity.
Pros
Learning opportunities, hard working people, some upper management really great, friendship and comradery, learning from the animals
Cons
Emotional burnout

Other TORONTO HUMANE SOCIETY Employee Reviews

Hard work but worth it
Animal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2019
They do a lot of amazing work for the animals in their care and in the community. Every time I go back they have always made improvements. You deal with some nonsense but I have never encountered a workplace free of nonsense.
Pros
True dedication to the animals
Cons
Some grumpy co-workers
Garbage management and supervisors
ACW (Former Employee) –  Toronto Humane Society15 January 2019
have worked here for years. Current manager has had zero schooling in animal care and was fired from the only animal related job they've had. Supervisors aren't trained to do anything and spend most of their day sitting in an office talking with fellows supervisors or the manager. If you talk to a supervisor about getting off their phone and helping they will most likely go crying to management who will defend them. Good luck finding a supervisor or manager if you need one as they are most likely outside smoking or have gone to the nearest Tim Hortons. In my time there I have done many unsafe things outside of my job description and would be talked down to if I refused. Management and supervision deny going outside to smoke no matter how often they are seen and have been seen taking as many as six within a few hour period. The only time management does anything with the animals is if a camera is present and they make sure all of the hard working ACW's are nowhere insight. ACW's are forced to keep dogs outside in any weather conditions for over an hour at all times of the year or even if the dog has heartworm. Absolutely disgusting place to work ran and supervised by absolutely disgusting people.
Pros
awesome ACW's
Cons
Stunned Management and Supervisors