TORONTO HUMANE SOCIETY Employee Reviews for Animal Caretaker

Hard work but worth it
Animal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2019
They do a lot of amazing work for the animals in their care and in the community. Every time I go back they have always made improvements. You deal with some nonsense but I have never encountered a workplace free of nonsense.
Pros
True dedication to the animals
Cons
Some grumpy co-workers
Extremely Toxic Workplace!
Animal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
I was extremely disappointed with my experience here at the THS. Probably the most miserable group of workers I have seen. On my first day every worker pretty much told me to run. The managers are extremely condescending and I felt like dirt the whole time I worked there. Everyone seems to be extremely over worked, under paid and not appreciated. It's an absolute shame. Coming on here and reading so many reviews saying the same thing was not surprising at all.
Pros
working with the amazing animals there
Cons
management, work place bullying, WAY too much gossip, burnt out workers
loves the animals
Animal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
I did work here before they went government and it was a bit tough. We were lacking staff at the time and i actually stayed after my shift daily with no pay, my choice, to ensure that all the cats got fed and changed. The management at the time did not apply the best value to the facility i am glad to know that they are run by the government now. Its so important to have places like this and in the downtown core its so accessible.
Worked with animals in a team of cooperative coworkers.
Animal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  11 River st. Toronto ON26 January 2017
A typical day at the THS started with feeding the animals (dogs or cats) and cleaning their living spaces in time for the shelter to open to the public. The rest of the day was spent walking dogs, doing laundry, washing dishes, and maintaining the general cleanliness of our working environment.
Pros
Animals