Toronto Film School Employee Reviews

Worst admissions job ever
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON25 June 2019
Stay very far away from this place.

Unreachable sales targets (they do this on purpose so you don't get paid out, but upper management still gets paid on commissions)

How it works:
Each term(every 3 months) you will be given a target. If you don't hit 50% of your target, you don't get paid out. You also have to make sure all your students stay in the program for 3 weeks, which means calling them everyday and making sure they attend all classes. If your student miss classes, you don't get paid for them. Its a long disorganized process of admissions, acceptance, and staying in the program. Horrible sales training. They don't understand how to manage a team. The worst leaders. They would harass and embarrass employees in front of the team. They do 1-1 meetings with you once a week, and if you are doing poorly they will put pressure on you, instead of helping out. They will keep you around to do the grunt work while other advisers profit from that. The salary is not worth it: Be prepared to make 100 calls, hold 2/3 meetings with potential students, plus a tour A DAY! They will ask you stay late, and commit to the job to get more enrolls- but don't drink the kool-aid. (no over time BTW).

OVERALL: You have to make over 500 calls/book 20 interviews/ hold 15 meetings with potential students and secure 3 enrolls A WEEK. You will have to put pressure on students just to get an app/fee in. Very disorganized and very unprofessional. No way of climbing up the cooperate ladder. Waist of time, not worth it at all. So many better opportunities out there.

DO NOT WAIST YOUR
  more... TIME. Stay far away from this admissions management team, its by far the worst working environment and worst work culture. New upper management is needed! The school has amazing programs, but to work in this Admissions department is a joke. They need to focus on getting better quality students, not just an app fee to get your enrolls up weekly. Do not be fooled by this admissions company. They really have no idea what they are doing. Change management!  less
Pros
The school has amazing programs, and industry professionals.
Cons
The admissions team needs a new director of admissions
Lots of Work, Low Reward
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2019
Huge turn over, majority of employees (other than a few that are given special treatment) have been here less than 1 year. I dont recommend this place at all.
Fun
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
- Working here is great specially if you like 3D and animation, my experience with the teachers was awesome so as the principal.
- If you really want to know something teach students and you will really learn.
Pros
Awesome environment, access to all sorts of resources and software
Worst work experience ever
.Net Programmer (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON18 September 2018
I worked in IT department (which we were just 2 coworkers!). I can say I worked very hard for them and they used me to do lots of projects with minimum range of salary.IT manager is a very young aggressive guy without any knowledge of programming which even he doesn't know about the logic of projects that he gives!,Definitely not recommended for workplace and I suggest to take your knowledge somewhere that can help you grow and gain more programming knowledge.
Worked as a Admissions Assistant while Studying
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2018
I had a hard time studying and working at the same. The course was intensive, and the staff understood that I was studying. The workplace was catered to the situation I was in, and it wasn't the best workplace, but it worked for getting by in college. I am highly appreciative.
Fun, creative environment
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
It was a great place to be. I was only on contract - as I was working on one specific production (The Laramie Project) and once it was over so was my contract. It was an amazing experience and everyone was really supportive and great. I was thankful to be a part of it.
Great place to learn transferable skills
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
The Toronto Film school was a great learning experience, it was rewarding working with brilliant, creative, and skilled full minds. it was good to see that there are creative programs for creative people.
A small way to make cash
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
While I was mostly at the desk and running errands, it was still a fun place to work during my school time there. I managed to get a lot of extra work done. Hiring student emplyees is just one of the ways it helps students.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2012
The school provided a lot of hands on and ideal training for Editors. It was a great experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Film School. Our community is ready to answer.

Toronto Film School Reviews by Location