Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

Productive and student centered culture

A culture of quality education, policies are enforced.Great customer service.Continuous staff training and development.Excellent communication medium

TDSB the best!

TDSB is my dream board! It is very inclusive, diverse and everybody is accepted. As an employee, I am satisfied of the fast dervice by the HR. The help desk people are awesome!

good place to work

good place to work, good salary and good benefits, nice people, working hours a little bit less as part time but sometimes they giving extra two hours

Pros

good place to work

Cons

no comments

Productive and always rewarding.

A typical day includes students and teaching staff. Daily routine starts where students are taught to get ready for their day. They learn to organize their belongings. eg: haning up coats, lunch bags and school bags. The classroom carpet, is where the learning begins. After a lesson is taught on the carpet, the students sit at their tables to demonstrate and explore what they have learned. Table top activities are set up for them to have a successful day. Teaching staff is always available to support students with their learning. The classroom is a team teaching environment. The hardest part of the job is when there are behavioral issues which changes the whole dynamics of the classroom. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the students have fun following through with with what is expected of them.

Fun and interactive environment with music and younger children.

This job was very fun as a result of interacting with the campers and becoming a role model to them but a very difficult job in terms of supervising the campers all the time and being responsible for the music periods and the recreational periods. Overall, it was a hard job since we had many responsibilities but we had a lot of fun at the same time.

Pros

Free food and housing for the overnight camp.

Cons

Long hours with little time to break as a result of being responsible over all the campers.

great place to learn and develop trades experience

maintenance and repair of gas fired equipment and heating plants. a lot of time working on large boilers for both steam and hot water heating plants. work variety includes electrical trouble shooting, piping and many other tasks.

great

• Established center-based classroom for students to learn and explore through inquiry and play. • Created and implemented innovative and engaging lesson plans and activities, increased student learning motivation and effectiveness by 20%.

Safe, fun and exiting environment.

Fun workplace with amazing people, safe environment and helpful staff. There were a lot of joyful programs and fun activities most cultural and diverse. at the same time is a big organization that help the community to come together based on their programs, for example fundraising programs to help around the community or the world. TDSB helps lots families with low income by providing hot lunch for children with reasonable prices, also they run early years centres which's help children to learn to connect with others and learn songs. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on the kid faces at the end of the day. It shows how they enjoyed their time and learned new things.

Pros

no lunch

Cons

we work only for little time

Toronto District School Board

Outstanding organization with many accomplished and committed staff at all levels. During my time with this organization I experienced incredible successes and faced many challenges as you would expect being the largest school board Canada. The dedication and professionalism of my colleagues was what kept me in this organization and far outweighed any difficulties and challenges.

Excellent place to work

Excellent, inclusive, dynamic... one of the best places to work in Canada. Excellent benefits package. It is the largest school district in Canada. As a teacher, you are given the flexibility to plan and participate according to your social and cultural background.

Jobs at Toronto District School Board

See more jobs

Great memories and profound appreciation to everybody in the TDSB!

I have a monumental collection of happy and warm memories; and appreciation to everyone involved, children, parents, colleagues, administrators, support staff, specialists, and the like. It has been an amazing experience for me! I cannot wait to see my young students turning into great, happy adults! :)

Very Very Good Company

Managing Tickets Re-imaging windows desktop and laptops Upgrading network switches and Routers Doing VOIP surveys Working with level 2 and level 3 technicians

Pros

close to subway

Cons

nothing

The biggest disappointment of my life

They always made fun of me being fat and told me they needed me to give them 2000.00 If I want to get on full time ...I complained to human right of tdsb ...Nothing happened for 2 years now ...They ignore me and keep saying sorry ...I have been depressed since they let me go !!!

Great job if you like kids

Different unions can make it difficult to switch from one position to another but overall it's a good place to work. Good pay and benefits plus it's great having the summer and winter breaks to spend with family.

Pros

Pay, benefits, time off

Cons

High burn out rate

Excellent workplace that values training.

Excellent workplace that values training and the advancement of its pupils.

Pros

Free breakfast

helping children and creating there childhood are.

My experience as working as a lunch supervisor has proven to me this is a very productive,inspiring and delicate job.It shows me how important helping children and creating there childhood are.

Pros

Having fun with children

Cons

short time

Depends on your school

Overall, I enjoy working within the public school system. I have been lucky enough to be at a school where I am respected as a professional among Administrative and teaching staff. Work life balance is great because of the hours and having school holidays off, but the low hours also means less pay overall. There is not much room for advancement or career growth.

Pros

short hours, school holidays off (Winter Break, March Break, 4 day Easter weekend), decent benefits plus pension, Professional Development

Cons

not well respected within organization, only paid 6 hours/day and not paid over the summer, no prep/planning time, no career growth or advancement opportunities

Fun place to work but very political

Great place to work however education system I’d forbidding staff to correct these negative behaviours and it’s creating I’m safe spaces for students and staff.

Pros

Can be supportive environment

Cons

Can be unsupportive enviro

Can be quite rewarding

good career, challenging, but intrinsically rewarding... Pay is ok...everything is relative in live. every day is challenging... classroom management is the biggest challenge and the most tiring, not the teaching part. requires efficiency to get the job done and one must strike a work-life balance, as there is always more a teacher can do. In addition to this, must also get thick skinned and not take things personally, as I am dealing with children acting out and it's not personal. All the students like me as a teacher and as a person. You would be hard pressed to find 1 student who did not like me as a person or as a teacher.

Pros

rewarding seeing success in students and can influence their life decisions

Cons

no overtime pay, working in a building everyday with a static schedule, little interaction time with adults - working with minors all day

The teachers are amazing people

My colleagues were all wonderful people to work with. They always made me feel welcome and part of the team. There was mutual respect and we cooperated to meet challenges we shared in the teaching profession.

Always learning

Working with students which have diverse exceptionalities, diverse cultures and ethics. TDSB provides yearly certificate courses both on-line and instructed courses to update certification or be certified for these challenging students. A typical day is being assigned to a one-on-one student, assisting with their academics and providing a safe environment for both staff and students. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if their is a history of aggression from a student or if their has been documentation from the family or Administrator regarding any aggression or behaviour. Being involved in modifying their curriculum with the assistance of a Spec Ed Teacher and assisting with a child`s IEP is rewarding also seeing the student succeed in small steps from beginning to end of my assignment is the most rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2