Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

Productive and student centered culture

A culture of quality education, policies are enforced.Great customer service.Continuous staff training and development.Excellent communication medium

An excellent working environment that is very productive but can be stressful and highly competitive at times. an excellent training ground for the inexperience.

work

Excellent organization and communication skills Ability to develop good rapport with clients and families Excellent ability to work in a multicultural fast paced environment Accomplish tasks under pressure both alone and as a team member Possess a compassionate and flexible nature with a client centre approach to care giving

Great to work

I am able to learn everyday. Continue to get better using the tools of trade. I enjoy the satisfaction I get when the task is completed and has a great appearance.

fun and great experience

if not for the problems the broad was facing things would have went smoother with communications and such but other than that, the placement very friendly and open.

Excellent expereince working with culturally different students in various economic positions

Working in a classroom setting teaching nursing theory and clinical practice. Planning an implementing programs being sensitive to students needs. The best part of the job is watching the students grow from the start to the end of the semester.

Pros

Students

Cons

Driving in Toronto

rewarding and fulfulling

Teaching is a wonderful opportunity for personal growth and helping children to learn independently and reach their full potential. It allows you to interact with people on a regular basis, making a difference in the lives of those around you.

Working with the young is the best

But education is a political ball... if you can keep that to one side, the tdsb generally does a good job in managing its schools with limited resources. Thank goodness we still have a strong union to keep them accountable! Or else we might still be paid in chickens and eggs!!!

Good Summer Job

A typical day is that you are either cleaning or moving furniture and classrooms. Learned to train and look after junior students and had a tough culture in workplace. Good salary and benefits.

Positive work environment and decent pay.

One of the best paying summer jobs to have as a student. Manageable work load and a positive work environment. Majority of staff members are friendly and professional.

Jobs at Toronto District School Board

See more jobs

Very stressful place to work, not enough support for teachers in The special education program. However, excellent and supportive administration .

Professional development is encouraged support changing times and technology advancements. There should be more computers in classroom and a computer for every child needing one, especially in these times of information technology advancements.

Friendly environment

My manager was very nice and gave me opportunities to grow. She also tried hard to push progress and to move our team forward. The pay wasn't great though. Some of our team wasn't the most forward thinking.

Good working environment

Good Career Job Working in School environment with children as Head Custodian Good rapport with the principal & teachers. Facility Management Making sure the property was safe for the children and Staff.

N/a

Layoffs due to surpluses 2 1/2 Years at one school before entitled to sick pay, or any other pay outside of your regular pay. Not all the schools are offered the same opportunities Some schools do not allot enough funding for students who have LD's More to be said however I believe those are Key points to why I only rated them a 3 star

A work place where things are being reinvented continuously !

I have had many meaningful interactions with colleagues and students which have led to life-long friendships. The only downside to the TDSB is that there is I disconnect between management and the front-line workers, the teachers. Curriculum seems to be dumbed down continuously and standards have been falling.

Great Team

All team members are always open to opinions and suggestions. Work load is balanced just right that you always have work to do, but never sitting idle.

child and youth worker

love working with the tdsb, the pay is great and is always courses or training available to learn and expand your thinking, the benefits are great as well.

Pros

free cpi training

Cons

some staff could be hard to deal with

Excellent

I am very happy to hear from you this upcoming opportunity is versatile and I am very interested in the position It has been a very fulfilling relationship with my company and customer service experience has improved considerably.

Great workplace environment

The staff in my school would always prioritize giving hours to reliable volunteers and were great people to work with. They'd help with any task as needed and would always be open to give advice or talk during the downtime.

Fun place to work

I enjoy my job as a lunchroom supervisor. I enjoy working with young children, ensuring that they are safe while eating their lunch. The staff are kind and friendly and always willing to help me grow as an individual.

Fun work environment with younger children

The staff I worked with were very supportive, they were quick to handle any concerns I had. My co workers were very team oriented and we cooperated well with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with the students in their classrooms and having the opportunity to know them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2