Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

Productive and student centered culture

A culture of quality education, policies are enforced.Great customer service.Continuous staff training and development.Excellent communication medium

Great pay

TDSB is one of the best places to work for in regards as being a child youth worker. A lot of boards put you under a different umbrella With that said it does come with a lot of stress and very overwhelming. The pay doesn't justify the work and the danger you get in. The lack of support from admin is a leading reason why there is so much stress in the workplace.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working in grade 1

day at work from 8 am to 4 pm i learned how to manage the big class management are professional and helpful the hardest part of job is when i have outdoor activity in winter

Great Place to work

This is a great place to work. Employees are kind and it's a no stress environment. Colleagues train each other and provude great support. Met good people and made great friendships.

Nice experience

I really loved the job and i like being around kids making jokes with them playing with them communicate with them i felt like i was leading them in a right way

Test of Toughness

TDSB is an extraordinary organization from every angle and in every moment. Working there will fill you with unforgettable and activating experiences. *Be sure to take care of yourself first.* Indulge in gym, yoga, massage and spa time. Take breaks early and often. Pack a very good lunch for the days you brave the staff room and leave the work property often!

Good experience.

Not a bad place to work. I enjoyed teaching the students. Did not enjoy the office politics which got worse throughout the years. Overall, it was a good experience, the pay was good and the hours were more than expected.

Productive Work Place

I've worked in this specific area of the TDSB for almost 4 years now and it's safe to say it is one of my favourite jobs that I've had. With the summer job most co-workers as the same age (university students) we all get a along and with some of the same people coming back year after years we've all grown close and even hang out outside of work.

Relaxing and productive

A productive and rewarding job, educating and caring for the need of the new generations. The jobs scheduling allows for family bonding since the time period is 9 to 4 pm, coming home from work almost the same time that your family is back home and rewarding you of that quality time needed to monitor and nurture your own children. Only if the pay is more than it is and the hours paid is up to 40 hours, it will be perfect.

Fun workplace great enviroment

I worked at YAAACE summer camp, the north york location for 2 years . Before that I volunteered for a year. I loved it! Working with the kids was awesome and the other counselors were so friendly. We did some group work too. The management staff was super helpful and always friendly. This was my favourite job experience by far, the kids are so great! The day is broken up into periods and we would get many break-time periods. I think it's great that management gives their past volunteers an opportunity to work when they are older! That's how I got the job and I have friends that got the job this way too

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Extended hours

Jobs at Toronto District School Board

See more jobs

Hard for new teachers, even if you are highly skilled

Advancement for new teachers is really hard, even if you are highly skilled. It's more about who you know and putting in the years of experience supply teaching and volunteering at schools to build relationships.

Productive and open ended

• Plans and facilitates various math activities in which students use inquiry skills to problem solve and share their findings with the class, creating a community of mathematical thinkers • Implements differentiated instruction to accommodate and modify for the various needs of students • Effectively applies technology in the classroom to enhance lessons (e.g., using a SMART Board, Elmo or iPad with software like Google Slides and web-based applications such as Google Docs and Google Sketchup)

Pros

being creative with student lessons

Cons

abusive behaviours

Very fulfilling

I work with Special needs children.It is very busy and sometimes can be very physical and tiring depending on the type of group you are working with.As long as you have good work ethics,great attitude towards being verymuch resourceful,being a good team player you will be enjoying each minute of your work life and happier.It is a very fulfilling and a very rewarding career.

relaxed

good place to learn the trade, relaxed atmosphere, will keep busy on certain days, lots of cleaning up tasks, management and maintenance is slow to respond

Very fun if you have a group

Its a good experience. BUt can be very stressful at times. Sometimes technology gets out of our hands and will glitch and the client may not understand that. Just know when going in you arent going to be appreciated by anyone for the amount of hard work you put in .

Similar to government job

A typical hierarchical organization. Lots of policies and procedures to follow. You have to love working with children in order to enjoy the time at work.

Fast pace working environment

I really enjoyed working with the children. Everyday was unpredictable and required high energy to keep students excited, engaged and listening. it was a great learning experience.

Fun but not a sustainable form of income

I has supplied as an outdoor educator for the Toronto District School Board a handful of times. The staff was wonderful and the students were excellent. However, it could not pay enough for an income.

Great staff support system and amazing culture.

A day at work where i learned from other staff member come together help complete a challenging task. i have learned how team work could be productive in the workplace.

supply teacher

good job .consistent work. friendly culture. great working with kids. exposure to many schools and many different school leadership and administration styles

Long hours, lots of homework and lesson prep. Kids come first.

Teacher is "on" all day with kids. 40 Min. Break at lunch and one or two recesses. The best part was connecting with the kids. Be prepared for teaching in many different ways for different learning styles. Lots of testing FOR learning and OF learning. Lots of record keeping. Phone calls to parents, daily communication in agenda. Marking and remarking, student collaboration. Fun, engaging activities to motivate learning. Report Cards three times a year. Parent interviews when required, at least once a year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2