Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

Productive and student centered culture

A culture of quality education, policies are enforced.Great customer service.Continuous staff training and development.Excellent communication medium

An excellent employer and a fulfilling career

As a part time worker, I was treated with respect and support unlike any I have received in full time positions. The care extended to the students is also given to staff and it created a warm, welcoming work environment where anything seemed possible.

Good job and experience

1. Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning 2. Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans 3. Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment

Supply Teacher

I think people are highly aware of what teachers have to deal with now that parents are home schooling during this current crisis. They now understand haveing 30 kids in a room is challenging prospectsa

Teachers and their assistants should be given medals especially in special needs classrooms.

I worked with compassionate, caring and intelligent educators and caregivers while maintaining a happy, healthy workplace. It was difficult sometimes to leave work at work but other than that, it was a pleasant culture overall.

Pros

Spending time with great kids and young adults with special needs

Cons

Can be stressful as when dealing with special needs, you never know what the day is going to bring.

Very large Management

It is a comfortable place to serve. The job is very much secured. But the job description is not like real job. The operating job is around 15% and 85% is not related with Operating Engineer's job. The job having lot of responsibilities.

Productive and opportunity to work in a team.

I have the only day shift work and routine task to do most of the day. Job is relaxed with minimum supervision, just being honest during my duty time.

Productive workspace

I enjoyed working at the TDSB as a volunteer custodian as it was a productive and easy going workspace. The people I worked with there were very easy to get along with and were always helpful should I have any questions or require a demonstration with new tasks I was assigned.

Committed to student learning

One of the best public educators in our country and their commitment to students and progressive pedagogy is something we should be proud of. I highly recommend working here.

Productive and encouraging work environments, which foster life-long learning

While being an elementary teacher can be difficult, it is also one of the most rewarding careers. At the TDSB, we are encouraged to engage in relevant, equity-based professional development that will translate directly into our worksites. It is an environment that fosters and encourages life-long learning.

Jobs at Toronto District School Board

See more jobs

Love it

TDSB is the best place to work. It can be fast paced and stressful sometimes. Management is supportive. You may end up working on your own though you are a part of the team, but if you thrive in this culture, it is a huge positive. You will feel recognised, valued and appreciated for your work

If you love working with kids, You'll enjoy workign for the TDSB

I work a 8am_4pm daily, as a supply swometimes there are no jobs and its hard. Ensure you have a backup job if need steady income. My day at work is stressful but rewarding becasue the students i work with. AWe need to get paid better thats for sure. Management is very helpful and depepending on the school supportive. The hardest part of the job is having to dseal with behaviors, the enjoyable part is when a student reaches a milestone or is successful.

Pros

short days

Cons

BEhaviors and students abuse

a place to grow

alot of fast pace environment, mange classrooms and office that need to be cleaned. assign jobs to driver that need to be schedule for deliver. Always make sure the customer comes first when delivering

Good Coporate Culture

Good Corporate Culture but the technology needs to be brought up to more advanced level. The managers are heavily involved and motivate the Employees.

Media Reports are true, the TDSB is a backwards organization

A terrible place to work. Always felt like I was expendable and not of the level to even talk to my managers. Constantly lived in fear while there. It was a noncollaborative place where almost no one was happy.

productive place

learned the school culture in TDSB and the management system. Workplace culture is different at schools. The most enjoyable part of the job is the vocations.

It is very rewarding but sometines they are challenges beyond your control,

My typical day is very busy working with children with autism and learning chalenges. We try to administer the curriculum but it can be challenging since all children learn differently.

Pros

Rewards when you see your students graduate

Dynamic, enthusiastic, warm and responsible RECE

I would arrive at work and greet all he children and staff. I learned that children have a mind of their own and we shoudl honor that. The management is always there to listen and assist if I have a question.The children from all background are treated the same including children with "special needs." The hardest thing about the job is not to be able to go out when it is rainy outside. Every day is a new adventure with this lovely children

Pros

be outside and do phsyical activity with the children

Cons

not having enough material at times

Great learning opportunity

Being a college student placed in 3rd and 4th semesters with the TDSB I was able to learn a lot. Worked with many different knowledgeable people. If given the opportunity to work with the TDSB take it!

Collaborative and Fun workplace with children

I honestly had an extraordinary time spent with kindergarten children. I had a great time aiding my fellow teachers and as well teaching these children. I learned and developed personal skills of my own such as my collaborative skills, communication skills etc. Definitely would recommend to anyone aspiring to be a teacher.

A good working space with amazing team leaders

You get to work with amazing kids at the summer camp...Although some can act so silly once in a while but it is definitely still a wonderful place to work if you love kids or want to impact positively into the life of children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2