Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Nice to work around children

Takes time to learn the different aspects of the job requirement but once you understand its easy. It involves just more that cleaning to be exact.

Pros

Sick days and vacations

Cons

Handling incidates

A great place to work in my candid opinion.

My direct Manager plays very vital roles in reaching my evaluations in general. Over all, a wonderful employer as a whole. Job security, good compensation and pension. You are given respect and recognised what you went to school to study plus professional experience. I will recommend this employer anytime and any day to anyone.

Pros

Good compensation. Solid union group.

Cons

I am not aware of any at this time.

Hit & miss on positive experience dependent on school location and the school administrator(s).

Challenging work place. Lack of support from administration. Hit and miss depending on school assignment & school administrator. Difficult to change schools & assignments. Work/life balance almost non-existent. Always lacking reasonable resources to effectively get the job done. Insufficient benefits coverage for the demands of the job.. Most interactions with HR are chaos lacking the “human” in Human Resources.

Pros

Positive support staff

Cons

Insufficient admin support (principals, not office staff)

Good

Teaching is a very structured, busy and stressful job. You have to love and have a passion for it, otherwise you don't survive. Even though it is 8:30-3:30, you need to be in school earlier and stay late to prepare the materials and photocopying. The job continues at home with preparations and marking that never ends.

Pros

Helping kids succeed in life.

Cons

Overwhelmingly busy and stressful

Very organized

Very organized well balanced work environment good pay good Supervisors Treated really welll ..........................................................

TDSB is great

I only worked here as Summer Janitor when I was in highschool but I would highly recommend working for the TDSB. Your co-workers and managers treat you well and often like to relax after doing something hard on the body.

Supply Teacher

I think people are highly aware of what teachers have to deal with now that parents are home schooling during this current crisis. They now understand haveing 30 kids in a room is challenging prospectsa

Productive and opportunity to work in a team.

I have the only day shift work and routine task to do most of the day. Job is relaxed with minimum supervision, just being honest during my duty time.

Productive and encouraging work environments, which foster life-long learning

While being an elementary teacher can be difficult, it is also one of the most rewarding careers. At the TDSB, we are encouraged to engage in relevant, equity-based professional development that will translate directly into our worksites. It is an environment that fosters and encourages life-long learning.

Good Coporate Culture

Good Corporate Culture but the technology needs to be brought up to more advanced level. The managers are heavily involved and motivate the Employees.

Jobs at Toronto District School Board

See more jobs

the most enjoyable part of the job is working in grade 1

day at work from 8 am to 4 pm i learned how to manage the big class management are professional and helpful the hardest part of job is when i have outdoor activity in winter

Nice experience

I really loved the job and i like being around kids making jokes with them playing with them communicate with them i felt like i was leading them in a right way

Test of Toughness

TDSB is an extraordinary organization from every angle and in every moment. Working there will fill you with unforgettable and activating experiences. *Be sure to take care of yourself first.* Indulge in gym, yoga, massage and spa time. Take breaks early and often. Pack a very good lunch for the days you brave the staff room and leave the work property often!

Very fulfilling

I work with Special needs children.It is very busy and sometimes can be very physical and tiring depending on the type of group you are working with.As long as you have good work ethics,great attitude towards being verymuch resourceful,being a good team player you will be enjoying each minute of your work life and happier.It is a very fulfilling and a very rewarding career.

Very fun if you have a group

Its a good experience. BUt can be very stressful at times. Sometimes technology gets out of our hands and will glitch and the client may not understand that. Just know when going in you arent going to be appreciated by anyone for the amount of hard work you put in .

Similar to government job

A typical hierarchical organization. Lots of policies and procedures to follow. You have to love working with children in order to enjoy the time at work.

An excellent working environment that is very productive but can be stressful and highly competitive at times. an excellent training ground for the inexperience.

fun and great experience

if not for the problems the broad was facing things would have went smoother with communications and such but other than that, the placement very friendly and open.

Good Summer Job

A typical day is that you are either cleaning or moving furniture and classrooms. Learned to train and look after junior students and had a tough culture in workplace. Good salary and benefits.

Very stressful place to work, not enough support for teachers in The special education program. However, excellent and supportive administration .

Professional development is encouraged support changing times and technology advancements. There should be more computers in classroom and a computer for every child needing one, especially in these times of information technology advancements.

Friendly environment

My manager was very nice and gave me opportunities to grow. She also tried hard to push progress and to move our team forward. The pay wasn't great though. Some of our team wasn't the most forward thinking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2