Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board
Happiness score is 90 out of 100High

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews for Room Manager

Productive and student centered culture

A culture of quality education, policies are enforced.Great customer service.Continuous staff training and development.Excellent communication medium

No training and no explanation of position

You see what goes on behind the scenes at a school and I was disappointed at the lack of teachers around and lack of leadership by the Pricipals and Vice Principals

Pros

Security

Cons

Laziness (union)

An excellent employer and a fulfilling career

As a part time worker, I was treated with respect and support unlike any I have received in full time positions. The care extended to the students is also given to staff and it created a warm, welcoming work environment where anything seemed possible.

Similar to government job

A typical hierarchical organization. Lots of policies and procedures to follow. You have to love working with children in order to enjoy the time at work.

Great staff support system and amazing culture.

A day at work where i learned from other staff member come together help complete a challenging task. i have learned how team work could be productive in the workplace.

Fun place to work

I enjoy my job as a lunchroom supervisor. I enjoy working with young children, ensuring that they are safe while eating their lunch. The staff are kind and friendly and always willing to help me grow as an individual.

Safe, fun and exiting environment.

Fun workplace with amazing people, safe environment and helpful staff. There were a lot of joyful programs and fun activities most cultural and diverse. at the same time is a big organization that help the community to come together based on their programs, for example fundraising programs to help around the community or the world. TDSB helps lots families with low income by providing hot lunch for children with reasonable prices, also they run early years centres which's help children to learn to connect with others and learn songs. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on the kid faces at the end of the day. It shows how they enjoyed their time and learned new things.

Pros

no lunch

Cons

we work only for little time

helping children and creating there childhood are.

My experience as working as a lunch supervisor has proven to me this is a very productive,inspiring and delicate job.It shows me how important helping children and creating there childhood are.

Pros

Having fun with children

Cons

short time

Fun to work with children

You must have your heart in it as you’re dealing with innocent children. Compassion is a must and good listening skills. Everyday is a new experience. Must love children

Lunchroom Supervision

The position is great for working with kids part-time in addition to other jobs. Fellow employees and management are professional and kind. Workplace culture is generally positive.

Cons

Slow application process

Enjoyable work environment

Lunchroom Supervisor for class of 22 kindergarteners. Enhanced children's social and emotional development by encouraging proper language use, teaching them how to share space and take turns when speaking.

Good Job

I enjoy working with kids and the teachers Its just not enough Hours and Not enough pay Its wonderful to be working with the Toronto Dirstric school board and all different ages of children

Productive and professional place to work.

A great learning environment and a great place to work and see professional growth. Responsive Classroom approach •Every morning, the entire class comes together as a community to greet one another, share news, and warm up for the day ahead. •Teachers use positive words and tone to promote active learning, a sense of community, and self-discipline to achieve goals. •Teachers also carefully model expected behaviors. •To make learning active and engaging for students, and to promote autonomy, teachers provide students with structured choices in their activities.

Fun environment to work with children

I enjoy working for the TDSB as a Early Childhood Educator. I am able to use the skills I learned in College and implement them at my work place. There is always space to learn and improve your knowledge of how to work with children.

Pros

Working with children

Cons

No benefits for Lunchroom Supervisors

TDSB is a great work place with general positive work spirit.

TDSB is a great workplace with general positive work spirit. People are helpful and understanding, always ready to improve them selves and do the best for the kids. Working with kids is great opportunity and fun.

Very low working hours but good working environment

Other than low hours I'm very happy working in Toronto District School Board, because of - Friendly working environment with very cooperative co-workers and parents - Good management.

Pros

Good hourly rate

Cons

Low working hour

Adapt to all the different personalities

A typical day would be supervising lunch for 20 minutes and then going outside for the other 35 minutes. Look at all areas all the time and let children discover what they can do and not do. Act as a mediator for disagreements between the children.

Pros

Short hours only one and half hours a day

Cons

Not able to move forward

First Nation Community Immersion

I learned a great deal working at the First Nations Public School. A typical day required my presence initially in the lunching area which seated all of the student (Kindergarten to grade 8). In total, the school had about 90 students. This allowed for my to build personal relationships with many. I became familiar with community and traditional practiced of the First Nations community, as well as participated and attended many. The most enjoyable part of my job was creating and facilitating recess activities.

Pros

The knowledge of First Nation practices that I acquired

Executive Admin

A family owned business that was very good to work for and work with. Learning a lot of tricks in the trade helped develop my past skills to greater levels. Which gives me an edge on my current employment. A usual day would be hectic and busy but if you could multitask then the day went well and quickly. Best part was establishing a good communication with customers and speaking with them. Making them happy was the best part of the day.

Very satisfying and secure workforce

I look forward to go to work everyday working with the TDSB.They have tremendous work ethics, work opportunities and I have great co-workers who are helpful with a great team spirit and fun to work with.

Pros

Work stability and security

Cons

Work opportunities are based on seniority at the Union level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2