Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews for Educational Assistant

It is very rewarding but sometines they are challenges beyond your control,

My typical day is very busy working with children with autism and learning chalenges. We try to administer the curriculum but it can be challenging since all children learn differently.

Pros

Rewards when you see your students graduate

Very fulfilling

I work with Special needs children.It is very busy and sometimes can be very physical and tiring depending on the type of group you are working with.As long as you have good work ethics,great attitude towards being verymuch resourceful,being a good team player you will be enjoying each minute of your work life and happier.It is a very fulfilling and a very rewarding career.

Dream job!

Working in an environment you enjoy. Everyone enjoy what they do, making an impact in young lives. Each day is rewarding because everyone does their best.

many resources, well trained professionals.

I have been with TDSB for a few months now and I love it. I am a casual staff and have been busy since the first day of school. So far no complaints!!

Pros

working days

Cons

nothing so far

Productive workplace with great opportunities for growth.

Toronto Distict School Board offers amazing job opportunities for people who are passionate about providing an excellent learning environment for students.

Workplace differed. 3 different schools in 18 years

The system changed. The board and society in general has become far too tolerant. I became a glorified baby sitter. The attention and effort shifted from academics to behaviour. However, when dealing with behavioural issues, we had to put up and accept a lot of disrespect.

Benefits

Cons

Pay

Very good employment

Very great place to work. Everyone is very nice. Smaller schools are easier to work in rather than in a large one. The children are amazing and they really grow on you over the time.

Wonderful Experience!

Absolutely a pleasure to work for TDSB. Great experience overall. Appropriate wages, great benefits. Always treated with respect! Positive environment for all!

Inspiring

Being around teachers that were all concerned about the well being of young minds was very inspirational to witness. It was a very rewarding job that allowed me to be at work but also to be at home while my children were young.

Amazing atmosphere

Seeing positive results. It's a good feeling if someone say thank you for making a difference in my life. I think its one of the best companies to work (student placement) at.

Satisfying Job Working with Primary Students

I'm enjoying my time spent with the TDSB. I learn something new every day. I look forward to possible career advancement.

Can be very rewarding

The experience gained from working with hard to serve youth is priceless. However my intention on here is not to talk about my current job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2