Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews for Camp Counselor

A good working space with amazing team leaders

You get to work with amazing kids at the summer camp...Although some can act so silly once in a while but it is definitely still a wonderful place to work if you love kids or want to impact positively into the life of children.

Nice experience

I really loved the job and i like being around kids making jokes with them playing with them communicate with them i felt like i was leading them in a right way

fun and great experience

if not for the problems the broad was facing things would have went smoother with communications and such but other than that, the placement very friendly and open.

Fun and interactive environment with music and younger children.

This job was very fun as a result of interacting with the campers and becoming a role model to them but a very difficult job in terms of supervising the campers all the time and being responsible for the music periods and the recreational periods. Overall, it was a hard job since we had many responsibilities but we had a lot of fun at the same time.

Pros

Free food and housing for the overnight camp.

Cons

Long hours with little time to break as a result of being responsible over all the campers.

Fun

Fun and laid back colleagues and supervisors. The children and activities were a blast to work with, would work in an environment like this again. Amazing job.

Pros

Fun

great summer camp experience

during me working in summer camp i had an amazing time and made life-long friends staff was wonderful and was familiar with location the kids were well behaved also

Best job

Children were very loving, curious and overall a delight to work with.Set schedule. Amazing benefits. Staff were beyond a delight including the principal.

Productive and fun

I liked working there , I love new working experiences . It gave me a great family atmosphere. Other employees were helpful. I'd go back in a heart beat !

Pros

Manager was really nice to work with

Cons

Far from home

Good.

Its a good job. What eles is there to write about. Imma just waste some space writing random stuff, cause lowkey i got alot of stuff to do right now. But its a good place.

a typical day is showing people during any closures where the shuttle buses are and the best way to get around. the most enjoyable part is that you don't have to move around as much

Fun and friendly camp counsellor

My job as a camp counsellor consisted of being punctual, taking attendance of the campers and being responsible and organized.

Pros

Free lunches, playing games

Cons

Responsible for 20 campers

fun working at the workplace

my typical day working for the Toronto District School Board was a great experience learned alot of new things alot of people and connections and builded skills of communcation and organzation skills but most of all having a connection with the children by making sure they have fun

Pros

free tickets

Cons

long shifts

Great Organization

Great organization. Everybody was friendly which led to a great time working there.

basketball

i'm hard worker and can work with children and adults.i'm good problem solving, play a lot of sport with my free time.

Fun work environment, engaging activies with little kids

Everyday at work, we would have to come in early to set up our activities with kids, later on in the day we would engage our activities that we've planned with the students in your class. Everyday i learn new things, not just about the kids and also preparing new activities for students to engage in. My co-workers are all helpful when it comes to helping out and outgoing with the kids. The hardest part about this job is taking care of 20 or more students in a room without any air conditioning and the most enjoyable part of this job is working with little kids and engaging in activities with them.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No air conditioning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2