Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

TDSB is great

I only worked here as Summer Janitor when I was in highschool but I would highly recommend working for the TDSB. Your co-workers and managers treat you well and often like to relax after doing something hard on the body.

If you love working with kids, You'll enjoy workign for the TDSB

I work a 8am_4pm daily, as a supply swometimes there are no jobs and its hard. Ensure you have a backup job if need steady income. My day at work is stressful but rewarding becasue the students i work with. AWe need to get paid better thats for sure. Management is very helpful and depepending on the school supportive. The hardest part of the job is having to dseal with behaviors, the enjoyable part is when a student reaches a milestone or is successful.

Pros

short days

Cons

BEhaviors and students abuse

Collaborative and Fun workplace with children

I honestly had an extraordinary time spent with kindergarten children. I had a great time aiding my fellow teachers and as well teaching these children. I learned and developed personal skills of my own such as my collaborative skills, communication skills etc. Definitely would recommend to anyone aspiring to be a teacher.

Nice experience

I really loved the job and i like being around kids making jokes with them playing with them communicate with them i felt like i was leading them in a right way

rewarding and fulfulling

Teaching is a wonderful opportunity for personal growth and helping children to learn independently and reach their full potential. It allows you to interact with people on a regular basis, making a difference in the lives of those around you.

Excellent

I am very happy to hear from you this upcoming opportunity is versatile and I am very interested in the position It has been a very fulfilling relationship with my company and customer service experience has improved considerably.

Can be quite rewarding

good career, challenging, but intrinsically rewarding... Pay is ok...everything is relative in live. every day is challenging... classroom management is the biggest challenge and the most tiring, not the teaching part. requires efficiency to get the job done and one must strike a work-life balance, as there is always more a teacher can do. In addition to this, must also get thick skinned and not take things personally, as I am dealing with children acting out and it's not personal. All the students like me as a teacher and as a person. You would be hard pressed to find 1 student who did not like me as a person or as a teacher.

Pros

rewarding seeing success in students and can influence their life decisions

Cons

no overtime pay, working in a building everyday with a static schedule, little interaction time with adults - working with minors all day

Dream job!

Working in an environment you enjoy. Everyone enjoy what they do, making an impact in young lives. Each day is rewarding because everyone does their best.

Excellent

There are many controversial opinions on the school board. I was a summer student there 2 years in a row and it was my favourite job to date. I would go back if given the opportunity to. The summer is the best time to work there, working at the board is really what you make of it.

Great Opportunity Co-op Opportunity

I had the privilege to work my first Co-op at Toronto District School Board as a Database Administrator co-op. I learned a lot while working, and had the pleasure to work with a variety of skilled & friendly people.

Jobs at Toronto District School Board

in Scarborough, ON
See more jobs

The school board treats its employee fairly most ofv the time

you teach 3 subjects with some on-calls you learned to deal with different students and class room management the work culture at Churchill was very welcoming the hardest part of the job was dealing with the admin. the most enjoyable part was dealing with the students

Pros

some free lunches

Cons

job could be very stressful

Amazing place to each cricket

The school board is amazing with their community coaches. It is a great place to start a coaching career. The motivation and backing is tremendous. Definitely doing it for a while.

Interactive Workplace

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Toronto District School Board. The team leads were very helpful and the SIS team made me feel comfortable and at ease. It was informative to know how to help the Toronto region with administrative help.

Pros

Free Friday Lunches, good hours

Cons

Far commute

Amazing atmosphere

Seeing positive results. It's a good feeling if someone say thank you for making a difference in my life. I think its one of the best companies to work (student placement) at.

TDSB is a great work place with general positive work spirit.

TDSB is a great workplace with general positive work spirit. People are helpful and understanding, always ready to improve them selves and do the best for the kids. Working with kids is great opportunity and fun.

Great Job which I loved

The typical day started at about 8am with my arrival at school. I would open my day book and review the lesson I had planned at home or before leaving school the day before. I would go to the office and pick up my mail and attendance sheets. I would open the classroom 15 minutes before class started. I would teach nearly the whole 75 min period stopping only for group activities and guided practice. I would never mark in class since the kids usually needed guidance and help. Teaching taught me to be a lifelong learner and I generally liked most of my bosses and co-workers. I now know that the hardest part of my job went neglected, namely co-worker relationships. By working too hard for the classroom (kids) I alienated some of my co-workers. I now know that the trust I build with kids I should have built with all fellow teachers. The most enjoyable part of my life in teaching is the ongoing knowledge recognition and remediation of my mistakes has made me a better person both at home and at work.

Pros

Working in trusting relationships with kids

Cons

My shortcomings in not reaching out to all fellow teachers.

Great place to work in. Diverse staff and students. Each school has a different personality.

TDSB is a great place to work in with a diverse array of staff and students. Each school has a personality of its own, and the staff are very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting to know different types of students with so many different needs and personal challenges. Overcoming this hurdle and gaining their confidence and trust is the most rewarding part of this job.

Pros

Great work atmosphere.

Cons

No job openings for a permanent contract position.

My time with TDSB was fullfilling with the students, however the administration politics were bad

I worked for TDSB for over twenty years. The Education system does not line up with what the students of industry need. I retired from the system under duress and continue to try to change the system for the benefit of the country. I continue to work at my professions and keep developing environmental products.

Interactive, Security, Constant Upgrading and Learning, Fast Paced,

Very consistant and steadily moving, attention to detail, very interactive with Co-orkers, Public. Great Job.

Pros

excellent benefits, job security

Cons

no room for advancement for many many years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2