Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews in North York, ON

4.0Pay & benefits

Great staff support system and amazing culture.

A day at work where i learned from other staff member come together help complete a challenging task. i have learned how team work could be productive in the workplace.

TDSB Grounds Crew Summer Student Job

This job is great for university students – great pay, decent hours, and not too strenuous work. I enjoyed the summer I worked here but the people can be extremely ignorant.

Working with the young is the best

But education is a political ball... if you can keep that to one side, the tdsb generally does a good job in managing its schools with limited resources. Thank goodness we still have a strong union to keep them accountable! Or else we might still be paid in chickens and eggs!!!

good place to work

good place to work, good salary and good benefits, nice people, working hours a little bit less as part time but sometimes they giving extra two hours

Pros

good place to work

Cons

no comments

Good environment for students to volunteer

The teachers help you to achieve a particular task. The teachers are really kind and would support you for academic needs. Students can volunteer for anything they want and are not forced to do it.

Overall a good place to work.

Good place to work. Could provide a better way to voice issues and concerns. More opportunities to help students and to implement programs that will empower our students and give them a voice.

Pros

Summers off

Cons

Yard duty

great workplace

Great company, I would recommend for anyone who's interested in working with kids and loves a company who cares about its employees. Great benefits and company culture is top notch

Hard workplace to get used to but becomes easy when work is being done

Management in regards to supervisors are all over the place , extremely disorganised and chaotic. Work is extremely tough and takes a really strong person to adapt to it. Luckily the regular caretakers are easy on students but they expect a whole lot from you. The pay is over minimum wage is which an upside but for the amount of work being done it seems to me as if its a low rate of pay. Other that that, fixed hours are great you could enjoy as much time out after 3:30pm and weekends are off which you can't find at most summer jobs. All in all great experience

Pros

Fixed Hours, Free weekends

Cons

Management, Supervisors

Productive and Fun

It was a privilege to work for the TDSB while I was still completing my post secondary education. It gave me the point of view of working in the real world and helped me get stable on my own as a an adult. I was able to pay my bills and still have time to balance my academics and social life. This was only a part time job for a year. But I was thankful for the experience.

Great place to work.

TDSB is the largest and most diverse school board in Canada. It's commitment to equity and best practises is unparalleled.

Jobs at Toronto District School Board